• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

culling rabbits?

That they certainly are.

Remember our little Pixie?

PixieDayofArrival002.jpg

Shes BEAUTIFUL :love:

Just looked up Polish rabbits on Wikipedia, it says on there that theyre friendly and make good pets :?

Either way NO animal should be culled because of its breed :evil:

Awww I don't know how anyone could think it, they are clearly thick or just callous or both.... they are lovely, the last one looks part Californian, were they being bred for meat?

one day i will be able to take in the less fortunate ones in acres of land and let them live the lives they want........

I'd love to do that too. The OH and I are looking into paying off our mortage as quickly as we can and buying a property with larger garden (not much bigger living space than we already have) to do up and have lots of space for more buns.

no his tiny photo dont do him justice, when you put him on table he sits like his at show lol he was breed for show and then breeding, i got them cos the breeder does not cull and the babies was hand reared so needed a pet home not to be breeders bun

It seems ridiculous that someone would say that polish buns don't make good pets when they're a domestic breed!
The person who said this has clearly never met a neutered polish. My friend has a polish, she's timid but in no way aggressive. Once she gets to know you she's the cuddliest bunny I've ever met :?

It's not the breed that's the problem, it's the furry teabags.

Polish arent my favourite breed and certainly arent a good cuddly buuny :lol: The poles I have held have been fast, jumpy and hard to catch and just slip through your hands :lol: However that should not be culled just becasue of their breed and/or personality :? Polish need a confident and experienced owner who can get them use to being handled and picked up, otherwise kept in a large set up :)

why do people think they have the right to say something like that you?:?

So flippin rude!

Cute babies! I'm sure they'll be really happy if they're allowed to just be. Not everybun likes people anyway. (and with attitudes like those people, who can blame them!)

xxx

Not always, some people use the word 'cull' when referring to selling rabbits

I don't think there's a need to kill aggressive rabbits, I just think they shouldn't be bred from. I know someone else with a few friendly Polish, it can depend on the line and how important temperament is to the breeder, I've also heard REW's are the worst, maybe because of sight problems, maybe because they're popular show winners and that's all some people care about

Just looked up Polish rabbits on Wikipedia, it says on there that theyre friendly and make good pets

They're probably talking about the American Polish, a completely different breed, small but stockier than our Polish. In America our Polish is called the Britannia Petite, and the wikipedia section for them says 'The Britannia Petite is thought to have been derived from small wild rabbits and is known for sometimes having a wild temperament; because of this they are often found unsuitable for pets.'

As I've said in the other thread, the ones I've handled have been very spirited, they're off in every direction and I've seen a few go flying off tables, they're not a breed that really appeals to me but they're certainly entertaining

Back