• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cookie had surgery

Thank you so much Tigz. You are very very kindd :) Please don't feel guilty. I don't expect anything from you while I try to support you. What you and Mischief have been through is hard enough, please don't think about me. I hope you and Mischief get well soon.
Bless you [emoji175] But I still want to support you with Cookie aswell xxx

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Cookie started to return to normal. But there is something. Cookie and I used to be like partners. But now he always moves freely on his own. He doesn't show love and commitment to me like he used to. Will our relationship after sterilization always be like this? :roll:

Cookie started to return to normal. But there is something. Cookie and I used to be like partners. But now he always moves freely on his own. He doesn't show love and commitment to me like he used to. Will our relationship after sterilization always be like this? :roll:
I am sure it will. He has been through a lot and had eye problem aswell. Plus also they do get a bit grumpy after neutering.

Mischief still growls sometimes when we touch something in his cage and it never ever happened before.

Show him love and attention when he will let you but don't hasdle him either. He will relax and come to you in time I'm sure. You are a lovely mum to him and he loves you so much [emoji175]

I am sure it will. He has been through a lot and had eye problem aswell. Plus also they do get a bit grumpy after neutering.

Mischief still growls sometimes when we touch something in his cage and it never ever happened before.

Show him love and attention when he will let you but don't hasdle him either. He will relax and come to you in time I'm sure. You are a lovely mum to him and he loves you so much [emoji175]

I honestly don't know, what if it continues like this? What if we can't be the same again?
Ok, I was expecting some changes after neutering, but not that much. We used to be together, even when I was in the bathroom, he was waiting for me at the door, he was very attached to me, he never left my side. Now he's so maverick. I still like it when I caress and touch him. But he no longer plays with me and doesn't want to spend time. He runs and binky by himself, now he's acting like my roommate, not my son. Will Cookie really be my son again? :( Is this a temporary thing?

I honestly don't know, what if it continues like this? What if we can't be the same again?
Ok, I was expecting some changes after neutering, but not that much. We used to be together, even when I was in the bathroom, he was waiting for me at the door, he was very attached to me, he never left my side. Now he's so maverick. I still like it when I caress and touch him. But he no longer plays with me and doesn't want to spend time. He runs and binky by himself, now he's acting like my roommate, not my son. Will Cookie really be my son again? :( Is this a temporary thing?
I expect he is wary of you a little as you have had to give him treatment a lot recently. He probably worries that you will try to do treatment again. He does not understand that it is to help him. When he is better I am sure he will forget and start to want to spend more time by your side xx

I expect he is wary of you a little as you have had to give him treatment a lot recently. He probably worries that you will try to do treatment again. He does not understand that it is to help him. When he is better I am sure he will forget and start to want to spend more time by your side xx

Thank you so much. I've relaxed a little bit. :)

We had a trust problem with Cookie after the surgery, now he trusts me again and is not afraid of me, he lets me caress him and sometimes sleeps with me.

But here's the thing. Cookie wants to be alone more than before. He wants to be alone for half the day. Do you think this is due to hormonal changes after sterilization, or does he feel lonely and depressed?

Please share your thoughts, I need this. :|

Are you thinking of getting a female bun for Cookie? A bonded pair of buns are always the happiest, I don't think bunnies are every truly happy alone if I'm honest! (other than like unusual circumstances, because there's always a few [emoji38])

Are you thinking of getting a female bun for Cookie? A bonded pair of buns are always the happiest, I don't think bunnies are every truly happy alone if I'm honest! (other than like unusual circumstances, because there's always a few [emoji38])

Frankly, I don't want to buy a second rabbit, because rabbit care is very limited in Turkey, so it's more expensive than a cat/dog. I spend 1500-2000 every month for Cookie. This is a huge amount of money, the minimum wage in Turkey is 2800 liras. And Cookie even pushes us on him own because we take care of his like a baby all the time. I spend all day with Cookie because he doesn't have a partner, I don't want him to feel alone.
Do you think it's normal for Cookie to want to spend half the day alone after surgery, he spends time in his room all the time? :|

He's just growing up. I don't think that having a pet that is so attached to you that it can't be away from you for a few hours is actually a good thing, as they don't learn to cope on their own and get separation anxiety. Most adult animals probably spend most of the time on their own (even if they are in a larger group), rather than snuggled up to another. Closely bonded rabbit pairs may be the exception here. And maybe some dogs & their owner.

He's just growing up. I don't think that having a pet that is so attached to you that it can't be away from you for a few hours is actually a good thing, as they don't learn to cope on their own and get separation anxiety. Most adult animals probably spend most of the time on their own (even if they are in a larger group), rather than snuggled up to another. Closely bonded rabbit pairs may be the exception here. And maybe some dogs & their owner.

Really? It's good to hear that. thank you so much. :)

My bunnies sleep for many daylight hours, as do many bunnies. Cookie may want to sleep in peace. so he moves out of reach.

Yeah, I agree with Shimmer that he's probably just growing up. He's past his puberty now, and is becoming an adult bunny. In my experience, young bunnies are often more focused on getting human attention, but become more independent once they reach adulthood.

Back