• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Condolences Needed Please For Our Friend Bunnytoes

I am so so upset to hear this.

I can honestly say that without Bunnytoes and the amazing Julie, Berry would have lost his battle with horrific arthritis 5 months earlier. She was so kind to me and gave us such wonderful advice and hope at a time when many thought we should have him put to sleep.

So very sorry Bunnytoes and I hope that Berry finds out Julie and they have a bloody good binky around! Take care. xxxxxx

I am so so upset to hear this.

I can honestly say that without Bunnytoes and the amazing Julie, Berry would have lost his battle with horrific arthritis 5 months earlier. She was so kind to me and gave us such wonderful advice and hope at a time when many thought we should have him put to sleep.

So very sorry Bunnytoes and I hope that Berry finds out Julie and they have a bloody good binky around! Take care. xxxxxx

The thought of Berry seeking Julie out at the bridge and binking with her gives me a warm feeling and made me smile.
I do know that Julie is free now to hop and binky and I am happy for her and only want/wanted what was best for her but my heart still feels like it has a giant hole and I want her back. In my heart know that we made the right decision for her but I am really struggling. I see her in every room of the house because she was always where ever I was.
My husband loves her as much and she is his soul bunny also. We both were home with her all day and our entire days involved her. We are lucky in thst we have each other to lean on.
We have been trying to celebrate her life.We planted a rosemary plant (her favorite thing to eat.) on her grave and put a creeping beautiful flowering plant that has rosemary like leaves in a hanging pot above.
We donated her things to the disabled bunnies at the local bunny sanctuary that we biught all her food from and gave a lovery bunny card and cash doanation in loving memory. They knew her.
All theses things feel like a nice tribute to her and feel right but the horrible empty feeling in my hesrt feels no better.

I am sorry about the long rambling post above. I know that it might not make a lot of sense and was so long that my tablet wouldn't even let me go on.
I just wanted to add that I know lots of people on here have lost special soul bunnies and totally understand. When does the hurt to lesson a little? I can't think of anything or do any thing without seeing her.

I am sorry about the long rambling post above. I know that it might not make a lot of sense and was so long that my tablet wouldn't even let me go on.
I just wanted to add that I know lots of people on here have lost special soul bunnies and totally understand. When does the hurt to lesson a little? I can't think of anything or do any thing without seeing her.

Don't apologise for a long post :wave: it made perfect sense to me. It's lovely that all the things Julie had will be put to good use :love: I think the plants sound lovely :love: I haven't lost a soul bunny since I was a child, but I have lost 2 very special dogs and a cat, and the hurt is so bad at first it feels unbearable, as you say you keep expecting to see them :cry: time is a great healer, everyone is different . You had such a close bond with Julie it is bound to be really hard :cry: I would expect the raw feeling to lessen and gradually you will be able to remember all the happy times you had with her.

Huge hugs xx

It takes ages and even when you think you are coping something happens to trigger emotions. It's because you loved het so much.

It took me 9 weeks to even go in the living room by in the end I had to. We have planted a blackberry plant outside the door as near to his room as we could.

I feel for you both but I really hope you take comfort in knowing - and you do know- what a wonderful life you gave lovely Julie. You showed her so much love, care and respect and try to hold on to that knowledge when it is so hard.

They leave such gaps in our lives but our lives are better for having had them in them. Crying over Julie and berry all over again now.

Take care xxxx

It takes ages and even when you think you are coping something happens to trigger emotions. It's because you loved het so much.

It took me 9 weeks to even go in the living room by in the end I had to. We have planted a blackberry plant outside the door as near to his room as we could.

I feel for you both but I really hope you take comfort in knowing - and you do know- what a wonderful life you gave lovely Julie. You showed her so much love, care and respect and try to hold on to that knowledge when it is so hard.

They leave such gaps in our lives but our lives are better for having had them in them. Crying over Julie and berry all over again now.

Take care xxxx

I am sorry to make you cry again. I remember you saying that you couldn't go into the living room and was wondering how long it took before you could go in. I know that you feel the same way about Berry and totally understand. Thank you for responding. Sorry again for opening up your wounds.

It is the whole house with Julie but mainly the living room, kitchen and our bedroom as she also slept with us. I can't avoid theses rooms thoughvas it it's really our whole house. I can't leave the house for very long either because I have a bum knee still.

Don't apologise at all. My family were talking about you yesterday saying we knew that horrible feeling you would be experiencing. We can empathize on here - so many of us. And each passing reminds us of all our losses, but that's what we are here for, to comfort each other. It's your turn to be comforted now - I just wish it wasn't.

As you say you can't avoid your whole house, it must be terribly hard.
Post whenever you need to - you know where my inbox is too! Xxxx

Back