• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Combo Vaccine out of stock

Just a heads up ...... Chapel House Vets in Chesterfield have a 50 dose bottle and are doing a clinic on Wednesday 4th November xx

Mine are going in then.

:( Olly is due his vaccination in December so I thought I'd plan ahead.. Still no news of the signal dose vials, my vets seem to be expecting to be doing 1 - 2 clinics a month for a while yet. It's turning into a bit of a nightmare.

Last edited:
That's rubbish. Truffle and Fudge are due in December but I'd thought everything would be back to normal by the. Will have to contact my vet and see whether they are running any clinics, as their vaccinations are paid for under a 'vac for life' scheme. Obviously I'll take them elsewhere if I have to.

That's rubbish. Truffle and Fudge are due in December but I'd thought everything would be back to normal by the. Will have to contact my vet and see whether they are running any clinics, as their vaccinations are paid for under a 'vac for life' scheme. Obviously I'll take them elsewhere if I have to.

Must be a nightmare for your vets too with the added complication of the vaccinations being tied into a package then only being able to offer the clinics :(

I don't even know whether they will be running a clinic as they don't see a huge number of rabbits. I'll end up taking them to a Crab Lane clinic and paying for it I imagine. It's not a big deal for me, but you'd think the manufacturer ought to be compensating people and vets for the extra expense and inconvenience. The vets must be losing out too as I doubt they're selling all the doses in a 50 dose bottle?

I don't even know whether they will be running a clinic as they don't see a huge number of rabbits. I'll end up taking them to a Crab Lane clinic and paying for it I imagine. It's not a big deal for me, but you'd think the manufacturer ought to be compensating people and vets for the extra expense and inconvenience. The vets must be losing out too as I doubt they're selling all the doses in a 50 dose bottle?

I've Olly booked in on 25 November, he's not due til nearly a month later but I'm OCD about vaccinations. They have another clinic planned for December apparently though I don't know the date. I prefer morning appointments as I hate busy traffic/rush hour and dark driving especially so got an early afternoon appointment to avoid all that. Hate having to do so much planning just 'cause MSD stuffed up :evil:

My Sugar is due at the beginning of December and I really thought it would be sorted by then. My vets are currently doing vaccination clinics so Sugar is booked to go on Thursday next week.

Someone on fb said the single doses would be back mid November but its getting towards that now.

My vet is doing another clinic towards the end of November.

We still have our 50 dose bottle waiting for us, but I've been so ill I've not had the energy to cope with organising a mass vaccination. So we currently have around 15 unvaccinated rabbits :(

Someone on fb said the single doses would be back mid November but its getting towards that now.

My vet is doing another clinic towards the end of November.

We still have our 50 dose bottle waiting for us, but I've been so ill I've not had the energy to cope with organising a mass vaccination. So we currently have around 15 unvaccinated rabbits :(

At least the peak of myxo season has passed, so that's less of a worry but the VHD aspect must be quite worrying. Hope you are well enough to get on top of it all soon.

At least the peak of myxo season has passed, so that's less of a worry but the VHD aspect must be quite worrying. Hope you are well enough to get on top of it all soon.

Thanks. If there was single vaccines we could cope with taking a couple up each week. But getting so many well enough to be vaccinated, when I'm well enough and Steve is available round work is a nightmare :(

My vet just had a delivery of 10 of the single dose (no notice - just came in their normal delivery). I guess this means things are back to normal??

My vet just had a delivery of 10 of the single dose (no notice - just came in their normal delivery). I guess this means things are back to normal??

I really hope so! Typically, after the one I have booked at the mass clinic, I don't have any more due til late March now anyway:roll:

I really hope it is sorted.

My vet told me about this, they had lists of people with rabbits due vaccs, and were squeezing them into a few days at a time. Luckily my 2 boys were not due til end of oct so had plenty of time to book them in as i always try and book them in in advance 1, so i dont forget and 2, because they had to phone me to book once they got the bottle in.

Think they were done a few days before they were due. Dont know about other peoples vets but mine is really good and organised in sorting stuff when a crisis like this happens.
Apparently I was also told there has been a bout of myxy going about as they had a few rabbits have to be pts because they got it, the only ones who survived were vacc against it, but even then they were quite ill and think the nurse was saying that was only about 2-3 of the 10-12 or so that came in.

So sad, really feel for those who lost them, but i myself wouldnt go withoutnvacc them. Xx

So the bad news keeps on coming.

Our vets have said they stocked up on 50 dose bottles and have clinics organised so will not be getting any single dose vaccines in just yet despite them now being readily available.

All the clinics are at the same time. Which is a time we can't physically do. So once again our rabbits remain unvaccinated. In the 17 years I have kept rabbits never has a rabbit been over due their vaccine if they were healthy enough, until now :(

So the bad news keeps on coming.

Our vets have said they stocked up on 50 dose bottles and have clinics organised so will not be getting any single dose vaccines in just yet despite them now being readily available.

All the clinics are at the same time. Which is a time we can't physically do. So once again our rabbits remain unvaccinated. In the 17 years I have kept rabbits never has a rabbit been over due their vaccine if they were healthy enough, until now :(

That's really, really bad. You're such a good client for them they should make allowances. I had Olly booked in at the clinic on Wednesday (same with ours, always Wednesday 2-6) but I then rearranged and appointment for Scally so that he needed to be in on Tuesday, they offered to move Olly's vaccination to same appointment (thus requiring a single dose) without me asking :shock: I wouldn't even have asked as they were doing me a favour moving Scally.

To be fair they have ordered me my own 50 dose bottle and offered me a free home visit. But out of the 15 that were due, two have died, two are far too ill, seven are currently on treatment which leaves four. So opening a bottle for four and getting a vet out isn't worth it, especially if some of the other seven improve and then I have no vaccines for them. It's just become a logistical muddle.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Back