• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Combo Vaccine out of stock

They will probably be available the same time the single ones are back in stock at this rate!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

I have been thinking that for a while.

I also wonder what the cost to us will be of the multi dose. Will it be a fixed price, will it be per animal. It better not be full price after all this.

I have been thinking that for a while.

I also wonder what the cost to us will be of the multi dose. Will it be a fixed price, will it be per animal. It better not be full price after all this.

I don't know if the vets are getting it cheaper, but by the time it gets to us then I think that will be an issue for each vet to decide. If they are going to the trouble of the mass clinics then they have a lot of admin involved in sorting it out, cost of postage etc. If they are getting it cheaper then perhaps they can off-set the cost for us a little but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Edit to add: There could also be a lot of wastage for some vets so it could actually end up costing them more per rabbit to vaccinate.:(

Saw this on FB

*rabbit vaccine news* good news. The multi dose bottles have been released by the VMD and are on the way to the wholesalers. Vets MUST order their bottle through their MSD account manager (and they should know this already).

So, for those that have rabbits with vaccines overdue...please contact your vet fri / mon to see when they are organising their vaccination clinic.

I've seen vets have started organising mass vaccination clinics :)

I haven't asked my vet about them just yet as so many of my buns are poorly at the moment :(

Saw this on Windwhistle Warren's FB page about the vaccination shortage:

In order to try and help the situation Jason Burgess at Wood Veterinary Group is holding a special rabbit clinic on 21st October 2015. There will be 50 vaccinations available at the cost of £25 each.
The address is 125 Bristol Road, Gloucester, GL2 4NB. You can book a slot/slots by ringing the practice on (01452)543990.

Not sure if all spaces are taken but at least it'll get the word out for anyone within travelling range.

My rabbits went for a check up the other day with our rabbit vet. For rabbits who hate being picked up they were as good as gold. But that's beside the point, they only had one rabbit vaccine dose in :/ Luckily my rabbits aren't due until Feb/March time but I am still a bit worried. Do you think the situation might be sorted by then?

My vet rang to say they have a large dose bottle in for me. But now the problem is that a couple due have died and a lot more are now on antibiotics so its not worth opening it yet for the few that are due :(

So frustrating :(

My vet rang to say they have a large dose bottle in for me. But now the problem is that a couple due have died and a lot more are now on antibiotics so its not worth opening it yet for the few that are due :(

So frustrating :(

I'm so sorry that's a horrible situation.

I've got Skunk and Anarchy booked in for the vaccination clinic on Wednesday but there was only a few (less than ten) booked for it as it has arrived very short notice for them to organise the clinic. I wonder how many they have to vaccinate just to break even :(

Last edited:
Ours have got two clinics organised too but the first one is at a time when we can't go. Plus they don't really want us using clinic time when we have our own bottle. They have put extra vets on for the clinic so they can have more than one vet using the bottle while its open :)

I'm glad yours will be sorted x

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

I had a call from Trinity yesterday - I had put Cheyenne down on the waiting list as she is due in November - they seem to organising clinics too and I've got my time slot for next Sunday...I have a feeling I will be sitting in a waiting room full of buns :love:

I really hope the suppliers get sorted soon - it's a bit ridiculous really.

My vets - Anton vets in Andover are holding vaccination clinics on the 28th of October and the 5th of November.

I've got my 3 booked in for the 28th, Pickle and Lily are 2 months overdue, Livio will be about 3 weeks overdue. I'll be so glad once they've all been done.

I took Elphie & Galinda in to the vets earlier this week for vaccinations (on time, I'll add). Both had a regular single dose one.

A part of the issue of lack of stock is because big companies have stock set aside for them specifically by the wholesalers. In September, just before E&G were due, I brought it up with the receptionist. She called, got the "absolutely no stock" message through. They rang back upon realising that they are a CVS surgery, saying it was actually fine because there was stock set aside especially for them.

Now, I just have to hope that the situation is all resolved/back to normal by the time Apollo & Athena are due - January and March respectively.

Vaccines

I go to the vet at the local pets at home store and they had plenty of vaccines. They said as pets at home order in such vast quantities they have no. Shortages. So maybe worth going to a local store for your vaccines.

I called the vets this morning to get one of mine vaccinated and they said there was a shortage so they were trying to get all of the bunnies due vaccinations in on the same day.

Vaccinations only available via the 50 dose vial vaccination clinic here. That means the new bunny has to wait until next Wednesday to be vaccinated. ... not sure what the provision is beyond that, my vets didn't know when I spoke to them last week.

Back