• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cody - My Brave Gentle Soul 22/8/16

nickybunny1

Mama Doe
Code, we had to say goodbye one week ago today :( over the past few years ur little body had fought a blockage, head tilt, glaucoma and now an inner ear absess and me and ur dad were so proud how u bravely fought through them all. The vet always said what a good boy u were at each visit and i was so proud but i knew these long vet trips stressed u son. Utook all ur meds with never any fuss and when it was time for ur eye drops u looked at me like a crazy person as I would say "eye, eye,eye" but would sit so still when I put ur wee drops in ur beautiful eyes. You were always the shyest of our group but also the one who we said had the best manners. As the others rushed for ur treats u always held back patiently knowing u would alays get urs. You loved the security of ur cardboard boxes and we're quite agraphobic inside but that didn't stop u hugging the skirting boards to make ur way outside where strangely the agraphobia would vanish! U loved nibblibg in the garden for hours even in the pouring rain. U also loved to hoover up the bird seed from under the bird table and I always had to chase u but in minutes u were back . U were always such a gentle soul who truely loved our pets and tolerated me lying over the top of you giving u smothering hugs and kisses. 3 months ago ur ear absess returned and we were back to giving u injections every other day. I hated doing this to u baby but u seemed to forgive me very quickly and with the help of a raisin or a bit of nana. I came home from work last Friday to find u sitting very still in the corner. I felt ur wee body and u were very bloated. Vet diagnosed blockage just outside stomach. Over the next few days u were improving alot but then we were told it was pneumonia and u were so very sick and there was nothing they could do. I wouldn't have put u through anymore tests and treatment Cody as u were so very ill and it wouldn't have been fair. I hope u know how much we loved u , how blessed we were to have u in our lives and the kitchen isn't the same without u. I hope u weren't scared at the end Code and ur brilliant daddy held u and comforted u. It's not fair u were starting to get better and then u were taken from us and we will miss u always my brave gentle soul. Oliver misses u to snuggle with at night time. Goodnight my beautiful Code xxx love u always my beautiful harlequin. Xx 7 Years and 10 months.

Cody was a remarkable Rabbit and I know that he will always remain in your heart.

Binky Free Cody, you were and will always be very much loved xx

Code, we had to say goodbye one week ago today :( over the past few years ur little body had fought a blockage, head tilt, glaucoma and now an inner ear absess and me and ur dad were so proud how u bravely fought through them all. The vet always said what a good boy u were at each visit and i was so proud but i knew these long vet trips stressed u son. Utook all ur meds with never any fuss and when it was time for ur eye drops u looked at me like a crazy person as I would say "eye, eye,eye" but would sit so still when I put ur wee drops in ur beautiful eyes. You were always the shyest of our group but also the one who we said had the best manners. As the others rushed for ur treats u always held back patiently knowing u would alays get urs. You loved the security of ur cardboard boxes and we're quite agraphobic inside but that didn't stop u hugging the skirting boards to make ur way outside where strangely the agraphobia would vanish! U loved nibblibg in the garden for hours even in the pouring rain. U also loved to hoover up the bird seed from under the bird table and I always had to chase u but in minutes u were back . U were always such a gentle soul who truely loved our pets and tolerated me lying over the top of you giving u smothering hugs and kisses. 3 months ago ur ear absess returned and we were back to giving u injections every other day. I hated doing this to u baby but u seemed to forgive me very quickly and with the help of a raisin or a bit of nana. I came home from work last Friday to find u sitting very still in the corner. I felt ur wee body and u were very bloated. Vet diagnosed blockage just outside stomach. Over the next few days u were improving alot but then we were told it was pneumonia and u were so very sick and there was nothing they could do. I wouldn't have put u through anymore tests and treatment Cody as u were so very ill and it wouldn't have been fair. I hope u know how much we loved u , how blessed we were to have u in our lives and the kitchen isn't the same without u. I hope u weren't scared at the end Code and ur brilliant daddy held u and comforted u. It's not fair u were starting to get better and then u were taken from us and we will miss u always my brave gentle soul. Oliver misses u to snuggle with at night time. Goodnight my beautiful Code xxx love u always my beautiful harlequin. Xx 7 Years and 10 months.

Oh Nicky, what a beautiful soul Cody was :love:

You did so much for him. No one could've done more. My heart goes out to you xx

Farewell brave and beautiful Cody :cry: I'm sure you knew just how much you were loved.

I am so very sorry that Cody has left us. :cry: He sounds a lot like my Mimzy (also a former head tilt bunny) and very sweet. He was so very fortunate to have you both as his mum and dad. (((((((((Hugs))))))))
Sleep well and sweet dreams, Cody. Binky free. xxxx

Binky free beautiful Cody!

You were such a brave little solider, and a true Inspiration. Gone, but never forgotten.. Sweet dreams sweetheart :love: :love: xx

:love:Cody

20150404_185742_zpsbgriyeah.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thank you Joey for posting my beautiful Codys picture. Still expect to see him in his little box under the window or lying under the patio table . I miss him soo so much even though he slept most of the time he still had so much presence in our home.

I am looking at all my little cremation boxes of my babies on my window ledge this morning and can't believe my harem of 4 is now just one :( the garden is empty. (Oliver isn't keen on outside especially on his own ) can't get my head around its just baby Oliver left. Love him so much.

He is simply too beautiful (inside & out) not to share, its no surprise his departure has left such a hole. Always better to have know such beautiful spirits even though the pain of missing them is so huge. Sending hugs x

Who is that little sweetheart in the corner? I missed him / her til photobucket made the photo suitably big

Thank you Joey for posting my beautiful Codys picture. Still expect to see him in his little box under the window or lying under the patio table . I miss him soo so much even though he slept most of the time he still had so much presence in our home.

I am looking at all my little cremation boxes of my babies on my window ledge this morning and can't believe my harem of 4 is now just one :( the garden is empty. (Oliver isn't keen on outside especially on his own ) can't get my head around its just baby Oliver left. Love him so much.

Nicky thank you for posting.

I think of you often. You are so tender in your grief and I really feel for you xxx

Thank you MightyMax for keeping us in ur thoughts x

Yes Joey, even though the pain has been so bad i am glad we had them all in our home and in our lives. That is little Oliver in the corner !! Well spotted. Oliver prefers hay to grass so that day I had to bring hay out to him in the garden !

Back