• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Closed

I am going to get the rescue to bond them for me. I advertised on rabbit rehome and have asked tamsin to advertise here. I am going to also advertise on gumtree. That's allowed isn't it I've seen rabbits being advertised on there before.

I am going to get the rescue to bond them for me. I advertised on rabbit rehome and have asked tamsin to advertise here. I am going to also advertise on gumtree. That's allowed isn't it I've seen rabbits being advertised on there before.

Personally, i'd rather a bun going to someone on here rather than a random from gumtree.

Will you be asking them about accommodation and things?

Personally, I would not advertise on Gumtree. Anybody could end up rehoming your rabbit. Atleast on here you could arrange for somebody to do a homecheck to see where your bunny will be going.

I don't think there is anything wrong with advertising on Gumtree as long as you home check them, check how much they know, etc, and don't just give him to a total random. I don't think it matters where you advertise if you follow responsible rehoming procedures.

I am not going to advertise on gumtree.
I've advertised on rabbit rehome and will advertise here.
I am going to see my new bunny on sunday yipee!

So are you going to end up with 3 rabbits until you find a new home for Jack then?

I'd be inclined to a) try bonding the boys again via an expert, failing that b) prioritise rehoming Jack before getting another new bunny. He's going to be lonely in the meantime so will need lots of attention.

I have a bonded group of 2 males and a female. :) One of the boys used to attack the other boy so they lived separately but I managed to bond them and now they live happily together. It IS possible. :D Couldn't you ask a rescue to bond your boys?

Is there a rescue nearby or someone on here that could see if they can get your two boys bonded? That way you might not have to rehome them and you could maybe add a girl (if you still wanted a girl and could afford to keep three) if that bond is firm.

This is a good idea. Sometimes if they won't bond as a pair they will bond as a trio.

you seem really determined to rehome Jack though, so just... whatever you want to do really

If the rescue is willing to bond 2 buns for you then why not ask to try to bond all 3 before you decide to rehome Jack, it's got to be worth a try since you're going there with one bun anyway?
I have a trio, lots of people do, so it's definatley 'doo-able'?

This is a good idea. Sometimes if they won't bond as a pair they will bond as a trio.

you seem really determined to rehome Jack though, so just... whatever you want to do really

i have to agree nicola.......how you can be so excited about getting another bun when your rehoming and losing one just amazes me. :roll:

Hang on...can you not house them separately?

Eddie and Schumi weren't bonded but they could see each other and I could NEVER have given one of them up just because they didn't get on?:cry:

personally if it were me in this situation id have tried everything to get the boys bonded including getting help from a rescue if need be. have you tried all bonding techniques?

have you tried bonding them in an area where neither have been?
putting them both in a carrier and taking them for a car or bus journey as the stress will make them cuddle up together :)

have you not got the room to buy another hutch keep them seperate and get both girlfriends?

you sound very much like me when i first joined this forum ill educated but you can only learn as you go along and from experience/mistakes that go with it :)

Hang on...can you not house them separately?

Eddie and Schumi weren't bonded but they could see each other and I could NEVER have given one of them up just because they didn't get on?:cry:

Totally agree with this..
Ive had buns that have been difficult to bond and never dreamt of parting with them.. Always made sure they were next to another bun.. as that way they never feel alone.. not ideal but better than rehoming in my opinion!
Also.. usually the longer they spent next to each other... they eventually bonded anyway!!

i have to agree nicola.......how you can be so excited about getting another bun when your rehoming and losing one just amazes me. :roll:

I tend to think the same - especially when all avenues regarding this are yet to be explored and advice seems to be falling on deaf ears. :cry:

I don't have the time to keep two separate bunnies or 4 rabbits. :\
I will not mind getting a bonded pair though ,as I'm getting a female rabbit for my other male. And i would get a bonded pair which I wanted in the first place and something which isn't possible with Lucky and Jack.
I've thought about everything I'm about to do carefully I'm not making quick random decisions. :shock:

I don't have the time to keep two separate bunnies or 4 rabbits. :\
I will not mind getting a bonded pair though ,as I'm getting a female rabbit for my other male. And i would get a bonded pair which I wanted in the first place and something which isn't possible with Lucky and Jack.
I've thought about everything I'm about to do carefully I'm not making quick random decisions. :shock:

it is up to you what you do hun :) but personally i dont feel you have tried everything to get yours males bonded as you havet tried a bond in a rescue yet which i feel would be successful as its a new area so it wont be their teritory and they'll be more likely to stressed to fight with each other and will probably huddle up cuddled together i really think you should at least try it theres no harm in trying :)

I don't think Jack will ever bond with Lucky due to Jack's aggressive and dominant behaviour.
He will attack him 10 minutes into the bonding process because he recognises him from a fight before. :[
I'm not purposely trying to get rid of him, today in the morning when I let him out I was getting emotional on giving him up by looking at his cute and innocent face.

honestly hun you will know better then us as you know your rabbits just please make sure he goes to a really good home :) if my new girly hadnt bonded in with my other 2 then id have offered to take him as friend for her but theres no way im going to attempt a foursome lol

Please make sure your are keeping your replies polite and helpful.

I would suggest your next step should be to get in touch with a local rescue. Obviously you want a neutered female from somewhere that will let you introduce them before you take it home

I had 2 boys years ago, they were brothers so I brought them together (one was supposed to be a girl but they were sexed wrong)
Anyway after living peacefully for a few months they started fighting so I seperated them, got them neutered when they were old enough and bonded them again.
They had another fall out after a couple of years, no idea why, I left them apart for a while and after talking to my vet I tried bonding them again.....it worked!
And my boy bunnies lived very happily together after that.

So bonding 2 boys even though they have fought before IS possible and I really wish you would try and get a rescue/someone to help you try bonding them once more. You never know, it may work.
I would hate for poor little Jack to be rehomed when he could have been bonded :(

If you decide rehoming him is what you definitely want to do then please wait until he is rehomed/in a rescue before you even think about getting a new bunny.

Back