• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Closed

I wouldn't mind of the age lol.
Cant a rescue separate a bonded pair if some one asks?
lol im unsure. :?

To be honest, if someone asked me to separate a bonded pair, I would send them packing and wouldn't let them adopt from me, because it shows that they care more about what they want than what is good for the rabbits. Separating a bonded pair is incredibly cruel, as I would hope would be obvious :? Sorry.

ummmmmm..... i doubt it as it wouldnt be fair on the already bonded pair. would you want to be taken away from your family and put with a complete stranger??
i think its best you go to a rescue and have a look at what they can do for you bonding wise before you set your heart on a certain bun. incase it doesnt work out :wave:

x

But unless you try your bun with every rabbit a rescue has... :? I don't understand why you wouldn't pick 1 rabbit that the rescue has (obviously not a rabbit that likely won't get along with yours) and see how the bonding goes. That way you get the breed you want (most likely) and the rabbit has a friend it likes. I mean, bonding isn't set in stone so there's no definite 'this rabbit will get along better than that one'. I don't know, I just see a lot of people say you should pick a rabbit for your rabbit, not for yourself and it doesn't make any sense to me since you can probably have both... :? Theres no shortage of rescue rabbits. You can just go to another rescue if one rescue had 1 lop that didn't get along with yours (and I'm sure 1 rescue would have more than 1 female lop)

I think the risk with this situation specifically, is that the OP is already going to rehome their rabbit because it doesn't get on with the other rabbit.

So its even more key than normal to ensure that the rabbit the OP adopts is one that will bond with their rabbit. If they go to a pet shop for a lop, then there is a chance that won't work (and they will have to be separate until the girl is spayed anyway), and then that's another bunny being rehomed and passed from pillar to post.

Its great if the adopter has an idea of what he wants, but it shouldn't be the be all and end all when it comes to adopting, especially if you can only keep the rabbit if it does bond.

ummmmmm..... i doubt it as it wouldnt be fair on the already bonded pair. would you want to be taken away from your family and put with a complete stranger??
i think its best you go to a rescue and have a look at what they can do for you bonding wise before you set your heart on a certain bun. incase it doesnt work out :wave:

x

I agree with this. When it comes to bonded pairs, a rescue will only separate if its in the best interests of the bunnies involved (such as if the bond isn't working, if one rabbit is ill and can't get better in the pair, if the rabbits come in not spayed/neutered and bonded with the opposite sex, if there is a suspicion of pregnancy, etc).

And also what about the one left behind? One minute, happily married with your pal, the next minute, left all alone with no idea why :?

o_O ok :\
I liked a one year old female from bobtails rescue but they're in Surrey and im far away from them :(
She was single as well. -sighs-

And also what about the one left behind? One minute, happily married with your pal, the next minute, left all alone with no idea why :?

That's so sad. Why would anyone request a bonded pair to be broken up. :cry:

I have found the perfect bunny on bobtails rescues's website they're located in Surrey :[ NOW What !!! ? :(

Bobtails are wonderful, I've spoken to both Delia and Jim before and they've been extremely helpful and friendly. I've also been in contact with Shirley who normal answers any email queries and she too had been very helpful and friendly, they all are. Good luck!

Sorry I've just seen your recent post. I'm sorry it's too far away, what a shame. Keep trying and you'll find one, maybe go along to a rescue this afternoon if you can, you never know, you may fall in love with a non lop eared. These things can happen. Good luck

Last edited:
:wave:Can I just ask.. Do you intend taking your bun along for bonding? If so great.. If not.. what happens if you get your new bun home and they dont bond?

Charlie passed away, I'm re homing Jack the brown one and going to take Lucky the white and grey one along with me to the rescue so he can bond there. :D

Charlie passed away, I'm re homing Jack the brown one and going to take Lucky the white and grey one along with me to the rescue so he can bond there. :D

so why are you rehomeing jack? how long have you had him?
i think its going to be best for you and the buns if you take
them to be bonded at a resuce, by all means pick out a bun you like, but at the end of the day it will have to be a bun your bun chooses as if you cant house them seperatley you're gonna be in this situation again :wave:

x

I'm re homing Jack because he doesn't get on with Lucky and if I had to give one of them up it would be him sadly, I'm not trying to be mean :(
I've had Jack for a year and he's neutered they both are.
And i will take lucky with me to the rescue and let him choose his mate.

I'm re homing Jack because he doesn't get on with Lucky and if I had to give one of them up it would be him sadly, I'm not trying to be mean :(

Maybe call the rescue, explain your situation and see what they suggest then.

if you go to a petshop and they don't bond you'll end up with another bun you have to rehome :? plus she would be younger than one year, potentially missexed and actually be a male sold as a female and you'd have to keep her separate until she was spayed.

Rescues are overflowing with the kind of bunny you want though. And they should help you bond.

Have a look at Tameside in Manchester, that's where I got Eddie from and he was brought all the way to Newcastle for me :wave: or Honeybunnies rehome nationally too

sorry to hear that, were they ever bonded alright?? sadly sometimes this does happen (or at least ive heard, ive never experienced it) so then its going to be even more crucial you make the right fit for both you and bun :)

x

I would not have thought that is something any rescue would be willing to do. Bonded pairs should be kept together.

If it's your rabbits your asking about, the two that don't get on then I agree with the above, explain your situation and see what they say.

Last edited:
why don't you ask a rescue to bond Jack with your girl for you?
if you offer a donation for their help I'm sure they would do it and would save poor Jack being rehomed

Back