• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Closed

Hi both of my rabbits are males that's why they won't bond and I am looking for a girl and going to sadly rehome one of my present rabbits.

Hi both of my rabbits are males that's why they won't bond and I am looking for a girl and going to sadly rehome one of my present rabbits.

Boys can get on, and some people on here have had far easier experience bonding 2 boys than a boy and a girl or 2 girls.

It all depends on their personalities.

I do agree that is should be a perfect partner for the bunny. My perfect bunny would be a silver agouti but I don't have one! :lol: And thats fine because my bunnies love who they live with.

When we got Harvey from the RSPCA he was overlooked because he looked like a wild bun and reminded me of Fiver from Watership down! But he has the sweetest nature, he is a typical bunny and although he doesn't have to cute factor Tika who has since passed away and now Emmalena are more than happy with him. :)

Good luck with your search! :)

Is there a rescue nearby or someone on here that could see if they can get your two boys bonded? That way you might not have to rehome them and you could maybe add a girl (if you still wanted a girl and could afford to keep three) if that bond is firm.

I have decided to adopt a female for Lucky and rehome Jack as Jacks personalitywont allow him to bond with Lucky. Jack has to go on a waiting list before he can be admitted into a rescue. :)

I have decided to adopt a female for Lucky and rehome Jack as Jacks personalitywont allow him to bond with Lucky. Jack has to go on a waiting list before he can be admitted into a rescue. :)

Surely it's at least worth a try for someone to bond your two boys? It seems unfair to me rehoming one rabbit just to get another... What if their bond doesn't work? Will you keep rehoming and changing until they do??

I'm going to take my rabbit with me when I go and look for his companion so he can choose his own mate, this way they will be bonded before I bring them home.

I'm not sure about the cost but in some cases 10 days may not be enough, my two was an easy bond but I kept them in the bonding area for two weeks at least just to be sure.

Whitehood, have you been in touch with a rescue yet?

I do think it is a shame that you dont want to get help with bonding them but at least you are rescuing another bun.

Rather than taking up a rescue space, have you thought about rehoming yourself?

You could possibly do this in less than the waiting list time and maybe you could even advertise here?

Have you ever had an experienced person bond them? It would be worth a try, wouldn't it? Sometimes it just doesn't work but that doesnt mean its impossible.

Back