• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Change in Behaviour ?

cakey face

Young Bun
:wave:Hi , this is a first thread for me even though ive been here for nearly a year.....Bit shy :oops:
Anyway i am really puzzled and a bit upset about my rabbit Megs change in behaviour. She is 2 years old approx , shes was spayed about 7 months ago and since she had this operation her behaviour has totally changed. She used to be very loving towards me and would sit on my lap and let me cuddle her like a baby. Over the last few months she hates beeing handled, constantly digs and burrows out of her run and under my fence. She has completely turned over the lawn. It looks like a person has been out there with a spade. She acts like she hates me. Im so upset because im worried about the change in her behaviour.
I have tried finding her a mate with no success. Ive tried bonding her with a spayed female and ive also tried bonding her with a neutred male.
She just ends up getting very stressed. The vet says she is very healthy. She eats well and is a good hay eater. Do you think she has become more highly strung due to the operation or do you think she is upset about something ?
Sorry for long post but any ideas or thoughts would be nice to hear
Thanks

Back