• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Casper is at the vets Update: both unwell now =(

I think you deserve a nap too. I'm very happy they are home & he'd doing so much better:love: I hope they have a nice evening celebrating Sophies birthday

I’m pleased to read such a positive update and very well done to you for tuning into Casper and sensing the problem and acting so swiftly. Your swift intervention has certainly helped Casper get prompt attention. Topping up the vibes and hope Casper continues to recover to normal. Xx

I’m pleased to read such a positive update and very well done to you for tuning into Casper and sensing the problem and acting so swiftly. Your swift intervention has certainly helped Casper get prompt attention. Topping up the vibes and hope Casper continues to recover to normal. Xx
Thank you, Craig. That's really kind of you to say. I do try to get them to the vet as soon as I can when I notice something wrong. Waiting will often just make things worse.

You did a great job spotting his issue so quickly and getting him straight to the vet.
Sending Casper lots of vibes for continued improvement.
Did Sophie enjoy the attention she must have received at the vets?

You did a great job spotting his issue so quickly and getting him straight to the vet.
Sending Casper lots of vibes for continued improvement.
Did Sophie enjoy the attention she must have received at the vets?
Thank you, bunny momma. :love:

I'm not sure if she did! I completely forgot to tell them that it's her birthday and that they should sing "Happy Birthday" to her. :( To make up for it, I just sang her a birthday song myself, but she seemed very unimpressed and just washed her foot throughout the entire song. To be fair, I'm a very bad singer, so I can't blame her. :lol:

I'm not sure if she did! I completely forgot to tell them that it's her birthday and that they should sing "Happy Birthday" to her. :( To make up for it, I just sang her a birthday song myself, but she seemed very unimpressed and just washed her foot throughout the entire song. To be fair, I'm a very bad singer, so I can't blame her. :lol:

:lol:I am not the best singer, though church may want to remain virtual, yet no one ever washed their foot while I was singing.!:lol:

Sending more vibes,

:lol: at least she didn’t eat caecotrophes and wash her bum :lol: I’m sure she will have appreciated it :love:

:lol:I am not the best singer, though church may want to remain virtual, yet no one ever washed their foot while I was singing.!:lol:

Sending more vibes,
Yeah, I don't think it was a glowing review. :lol: Thank you for the vibes. :)

:lol: at least she didn’t eat caecotrophes and wash her bum :lol: I’m sure she will have appreciated it :love:
Hey, you're right, maybe it wasn't that bad, then. :D:lol: I'm glad you think she did appreciate it. :love:

Casper doesn't want his breakfast again this morning. I've given him his emeprid and metacam, and he's eaten some dried forage, but his belly is noisy again. :(

Poor Casper. Have you got a snugglesafe or some heat source you could give him? Sending him lots of vibes.

Poor Casper. Have you got a snugglesafe or some heat source you could give him? Sending him lots of vibes.
Yeah, I do. He usually ignores it, but I'll go put it in the microwave for him. That's a good idea, especially since he was hypothermic yesterday. Thank you for the vibes.

Thank you, IM and CarelessSquid07. I really appreciate it.

I gave him the snugglesafe and he attacked it. :roll:

Sophie isn't 100% today either... She's eating everything I deliver to her, but she's not really moving much. Normally when it's breakfast time she comes running, but she's been sitting in the living room all morning. I delivered her breakfast and metacam, and gave her her food ball, and she chased it for a little bit, but not much. When I gave her the pellets inside she ate them eagerly, though.

Back