• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Can someone tell me I'm being daft, because I feel really sad U/D page 5/post 44

I think I'd put rabbits in Room 101 to be honest, well my 2 anyway! :lol:

The tears I've shed over them when they get ill is untrue. But then I got upset over my daughter's goldfish too! Possibly because she was so upset, but still.

I have no idea how these little furry things get under our skin so much but I do wish they wouldn't! And they are such fine creatures that can get poorly at the drop of a hat almost.

She is improving greatly, had some herbs last night and actually stuck her head in the tub, which is brill!

She also chased her sister while in the garden this morning which although not very nice for her sister, shows that Coco is getting back to her old self.

Today is the last day for medication too. I rang the vet who agreed that I could stop them after today's doses as Coco still seems a bit flat, probably due to she's fed up of being manhandled and force-fed meds, so I'm glad I can stop. She will then learn to trust me again, though that will take a few days I'm sure, but the main thing is she'll perk up and be back to normal once she realises it's finally all over.

She's put me through the mill this week, I can tell you! Ruddy rabbits! :lol:

Glad she's improving and can finally stop her meds.
I'm sure she'll be even happier once the force feeding of the meds stops.

Hi, just a quick update :)

Coco hasn't had any meds since Thursday night but is still a bit wary of me getting too close, but I'm okay with that as it's quite understandable.

She is back to normal though I'd say!

She is grunting at her sister and is running over to get treats again when I call their names/rattle the treat box in a morning while they're free-ranging in the garden when I'm cleaning their toilet areas etc.

I'm really pleased - she did have me quite worried at the start of the week as you know and it really knocked her off her feet, poor thing. I just hope it was a one-off, but only time will tell on that front.

Thank you all very, very much for your kind thoughts and words, they were very much appreciated :love:

Back