• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Smoo have some vibes please? - we're back

She will be back smoovering before you know it.xxx

I hope so, I've missed her smoovering ways. :love:
I know she's in the very best hands too, my vet is amazing, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to concentrate in lessons until I know she's okay after the GA. I also want to know what the x ray shows as my vet said she could possibly feel two abscesses. :(

I hope you hear from the vets soon and that all is very well.

Last time Poppy went in for an Op I was at uni, I must say, there was very little concentration that day :?

I've got back and set them up in my room. She's still a bit sluggish but the first thing she did when I let her out of the carry case was wee and poo on my carpet, so that's a good sign. Seriously, only on a rabbit forum could I say that! :lol:

Anyway, the diagnosis. The x rays showed one abscess that had split into two. My vet removed that fully and scraped some of the jaw that it was joined to to ensure it was all gone. She has penicillin injections for two weeks to make sure it's all gone. It could come back but fingers crossed it won't.

The x ray also showed that her roots have deformed. So that's a long term problem and will be treated when it needs to be with pain killers and antibiotics.

Apparently Grim was really good and was having loads of fun there, bless him.

Thank you for the update. I'm so happy that the abscess is simple, & hasn't come from a infected tooth root. :D
Wishing Smoo a speedy recovery.

Oh Grim! You little wascal, enjoying yourself as long as you're not on the recieving end of vet care!

Glad to hear that the op was successful & nothing too tricky!! Hope Smoo continues well in her recovery.x.x.

I don't have bonded bunnies and often wonder how someone who does handles vet visits of any sort. My three are more than a handful anytime they need to be seen.

Many healing vibes coming Smoo's way from across the pond! (((((((((((((Smoo))))))))))))))

Back