• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I have vibes for Fudgie

Thank you so much again everyone xx

Well after getting past a very grumpy receptionist who growled at me for having the temerity to phone when they were very busy (as if I was meant to know that!), I spoke to one one of the nurses looking after Fudgie and I have some good news! Fudgie is doing really well, has been pooping and eating lots.

I can't tell you how relieved I am. The worst thing about them staying in overnight is that you have no idea how they're doing so my brain can't help thinking the worst is happening! The vet is going to give me a call at lunchtime after completing the rounds to discuss the next plan of action.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Well after getting past a very grumpy receptionist who growled at me for having the temerity to phone when they were very busy (as if I was meant to know that!), I spoke to one one of the nurses looking after Fudgie and I have some good news! Fudgie is doing really well, has been pooping and eating lots.

I can't tell you how relieved I am. The worst thing about them staying in overnight is that you have no idea how they're doing so my brain can't help thinking the worst is happening! The vet is going to give me a call at lunchtime after completing the rounds to discuss the next plan of action.

Oh I'm so glad :D Go Fudgie! :D

That receptionist tho [emoji849] there are no words [emoji38]

What a great start to your Sunday. I'm as relieved as you are - and I know very well how you feel about having bunnies with the vet. I'm just gettingout of the other side with Henry and that whole episode fried my emotions and what's left of my brain. I hope that the vet continues the good news morning for you and Fudgie is given the all clear to come home as soon as possible. Well done Fudgie and hugs to you. Sending more vibes for you and Fudgie. xx

I’m so pleased :thumb: I’d mention to the vet about the receptionist’s attitude, if I was in your position.

Scrappy I am so so happy for you. Please give Fudgie a big kiss from me

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. Ok, just had a call from the vet and got a bit of contradictory information. The nurse told me she was eating and pooping lots. The vet just called and said she was only eating a little bit for herself and had only passed a few poops. So they want to keep her in another night as they want to see her eating a bit more. I'm going to visit her this afternoon and I'll see if I can get a bit more clarification.

Feel a bit deflated at the moment. After I spoke to the nurse my heart leapt because I thought she was nearly out of the woods. Now it seems she's not doing as well as I thought. [emoji853]

Sending her lots more vibes. Contradictory information is frustrating. I hope you get a more accurate picture this afternoon. Hang on to the fact that she is in fact eating and pooping, even if only a small amount.

Oh Scrappy :( Only just catching up & I'm so sorry your hopes were raised then taken away. I agree a little voluntary food intake is a positive as is some poo. I wonder if she is one of those buns really sensitive to tiny spurs. Nose bumps from us all here. I think you'll get a much better idea when you visit as you're the one who knows her so well. Maybe you could take her a herb buffet to see if it tempts her?

I so feel for you, nothing worse than when they are poorly & you're apart.

So many Fudgie vibes xxx

She's home!

When I went to see her this afternoon I spoke with the vet who said that she improved a lot since I spoke to her this morning. They let me have a good 45 mins with her and she spent a lot of that time stuffing her face with hay, she was hopping around a lot and generally inquisitive about her surroundings. Generally she was much more like her old self. So the vet agreed that I can bring her home tonight.

We've only been home about 5 minutes. She's gone to hide in the bedroom which I
think is understandable. I'll be monitoring her carefully this evening. I've got some metacam and gut meds to give over the next few days. Also have critical are on hand if I feel she needs some supportive feeding.

Thanks again everyone for the magical RU vibes xx

She's home!

When I went to see her this afternoon I spoke with the vet who said that she improved a lot since I spoke to her this morning. They let me have a good 45 mins with her and she spent a lot of that time stuffing her face with hay, she was hopping around a lot and generally inquisitive about her surroundings. Generally she was much more like her old self. So the vet agreed that I can bring her home tonight.

We've only been home about 5 minutes. She's gone to hide in the bedroom which I
think is understandable. I'll be monitoring her carefully this evening. I've got some metacam and gut meds to give over the next few days. Also have critical are on hand if I feel she needs some supportive feeding.

Thanks again everyone for the magical RU vibes xx

Oh wonderful, wonderful news :D Good girl Fudgie :love:

Fabulous news - so so pleased Fudgie is home where she can feed off your love and your care. She will feel so much safer and more comfortable so all the right things in place for a speedy recovery from Fudgie. More vibes for Fudgies continued recovery. xx

Back