• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bye, bye Hoppy Holidays. :( CLOSED. 28.8.16

Teaching is a career where you bite your tongue constantly. :)
I wouldn't wish it on you, Mrs B, though you might like being a Teaching Assistant.

Never again will I use the press. :cry::cry: Set myself up for a fall.....

Oh well, I tried my best.

Just dont log on to the site any more. I know that it will be hard not to, almost like another way to beat yourself up. Do it myself all the time :roll: But you are better than all the nasty keyboard warriors, who IRL are probably pathetic individuals who would not know 'compassion' if it were to slap them in the face.

The internet/mass media can be a wonderful tool and a mine of information. But behind every keyboard is a person and we both know that not all people are kind of heart. Sadly there are far too many who take delight in being vile, it's almost as if their life depends on being able to put someone else down. People like that should take note of this

Never again will I use the press. :cry::cry: Set myself up for a fall.....

Oh well, I tried my best.

Yes you did try your best! You were honest, courteous and polite even when others were not. If that's the way they conduct themselves then in my view they won't get very far in life.

You are always respectful and dignified. Don't ever lose that Di, they are wonderful qualities :D

That's a lovely picture and sentiment, Jane. Well said. :)

Mrs. B, you are a kind and decent person, and for years you have put others before yourself. Time to find that better horizon that agrees with your inner angel more. I know how ominous this new direction must feel. I am in a similar position, but I know the only way is forwards, not backwards. Even if at some point you do decide to help people with their animal companions again, it will be a different experience and hopefully an even better one. But for now, take care of you. Your gentle self needs some TLC, and you can build yourself back up again.

People who have nothing better to say than something that hurts another individual are not worth your time. I agree with Jane that the journal site should be ignored now. I'm trying to tell my son roughly the same thing, he continues to visit his ex-gf's FB page and the things she is saying there are tearing him apart. I told him he needs to stop feeding the wolf. It will bode nothing but ill for him till he cuts the cord.

You know what you have achieved. If others can't see that it is their loss.

Wishing you smoother sailing in the days ahead, dear lady. xxxx

I stopped reading my local online newspaper for a while as the commenters really ruined it. They'd make it their daily sport to rip apart and troll the articles, it was pathetic. Finally the paper changed to require use of Facebook login to comment, which would broadcast the commenters names too. Surprisingly, this dedicated team of readers stopped posting overnight, I can't think why... :)

Please do not waste any energy worrying, you're doing so well! :) xx

Yes you did try your best! You were honest, courteous and polite even when others were not. If that's the way they conduct themselves then in my view they won't get very far in life.

You are always respectful and dignified. Don't ever lose that Di, they are wonderful qualities :D
[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Well that's almost it. No more little ones due to come and stay, three bunnies, one hamster and a guinea pig will be heading home over the next few days.

My heart is breaking.:cry::cry:

Hugs, hugs, hugs xxxxxxxxxx

New and lovely bright future Mrs B x

Thanks MightyMax. xxx

Right now I am trying to keep busy by slowly starting to sort all the bits and pieces out. Tip, re-cycle, sell.... it will take me a few days and as will the completion of my latest move. I am aiming to have everything 'done and dusted' over the next couple of weeks.

Chances are that most of the units will be sold as I cannot afford to haul them around with me just in the off chance of something coming up in the future, and also the cost of putting them into storage isn't cheap. Moving is not a cheap thing to be doing on such a regular basis.

I can imagine that it feels very 'real' now. But remember why you decided to close and that you made the decision yourself, not because you were coerced into it by someone else. That has to be a positive. You are in control.

Decision based on having somewhere suitable to live, not just for my business but for me as an individual, and of course, I need to have a larger income than Hoppy Holidays managed to afford me. 14 years...and since 2014, I put my business ahead of my own needs, used savings to keep it going, now I have to get my life back on track, hopefully by finding a job that I am suitable for, will enjoy and help give me a living wage.

I'm sad, desperately sad, however I will not have the sole responsibility of so many little ones to care for...which in a weird way is quite a relief.

Last edited:
Decision based on having somewhere suitable to live, not just for my business but for me as a individual, and of course, I need to have a larger income than Hoppy Holidays managed to afford me.

I'm sad, desperately sad, however I will not have the sole responsibility of so many little ones to care for...which in a weird way is quite a relief.

I can understand that x

Thanks MightyMax. xxx

Right now I am trying to keep busy by slowly starting to sort all the bits and pieces out. Tip, re-cycle, sell.... it will take me a few days and as will the completion of my latest move. I am aiming to have everything 'done and dusted' over the next couple of weeks.

Chances are that most of the units will be sold as I cannot afford to haul them around with me just in the off chance of something coming up in the future, and also the cost of putting them into storage isn't cheap. Moving is not a cheap thing to be doing on such a regular basis.

Yes you've been (and are) a very strong lady to cope with all you've been through. Much stronger than you ever credit yourself as being :)

I am hoping to come up to your neck of the woods before the year is out. If I may, I shall tell you when, so that if you're free and it suits, we can meet :wave:

Back