• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bye, bye Hoppy Holidays. :( CLOSED. 28.8.16

Mrs B, I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier. Definitely go forward, not back. Its like when an ex tries to worm his way back into your life - you might still love him but once the relationship is done, its done. xxx

Well the article has been published, sadly though not by the same journalist that did the article back in March 2016. My point has not been put across well at all, and the comments I am receiving on the paper's internet page are mostly quite unkind and totally do not 'get' what Hoppy Holidays is all about. I have done a very diplomatic reply and I will leave it at that. Thank goodness I had psychologically prepared myself for some negative remarks or else I would be hiding away from the world with a few bottles of wine.

If anyone wants to have a look the article is in this weeks Evesham Journal.

I'm sorry you didn't get a better response Mrs B. Perhaps its like me and the exam marking I finished last week. It was ok but not great, the man was sneery, it just convinced me that the universe is guiding me away from teaching. :)

I'm sorry you didn't get a better response Mrs B. Perhaps its like me and the exam marking I finished last week. It was ok but not great, the man was sneery, it just convinced me that the universe is guiding me away from teaching. :)

I think the universe is guiding me away from boarding.....time for change eh? I hope my clients and their furry friends manage to find somewhere wonderful to stay.

Onwards and upwards....

Thanks hb. xx

Just caught up with this. Once upon a time you might have been lucky finding someone willing but, sadly, these days it just doesn't happen. People think of themselves and seem to have lost their willingness to reach out and help which is a very sad state of affairs, but you might be lucky, but I doubt it.

Just caught up with this. Once upon a time you might have been lucky finding someone willing but, sadly, these days it just doesn't happen. People think of themselves and seem to have lost their willingness to reach out and help which is a very sad state of affairs, but you might be lucky, but I doubt it.

I doubt it too. I've tried and at least I can close knowing that I did my utmost to keep H Hols going. I didn't give up at the first hurdle.
Thanks tonibun. x

Jeez, just read the comments :shock:

Why have some people got to be so vile :evil:

Di, you are a better/stronger person than me. First I'd have told the Trolls, in VERY plain English, exactly what I thought of them then I'd crumble into a heap despair.

Those comments!! It's nice what Morse said though :) ;)

Keep at it Mrs B. Everything is going to work out xx
Maybe look for a part time job in a rescue or something similar? Many places would be lucky to have your knowledge and wouldn't mind giving you shorter hours x

I never thought I could enjoy working in a Pet Shop but being able to educate people first off (pet shops seems to be the go to place for people wanting a pet) seemed to make me incredibly happy xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

A newspaper article is forgotten tomorrow...

But your comment about the Universe maybe guiding you on a different path? Perhaps make sense? A bit of a rocky path to begin with but .. with some time, patience and effort (all of which you have in abundance!) you will find your way to a dream home and a dream life. It's never without challenges, even a dream life has those, but you are on the way .... hooray for Mrs B xxx

Thanks everyone, especially you Jane for your comments. xxxx

I'm better than they are, so why should I lower my standards to their level. Not worth the effort. I have done a couple of replies...very diplomatic as per usual, even though I would love to go in all guns blazing .....but why get myself all worked up? I've got enough on my plate to cope with, let alone idiots like that.

I'll keep having a little look over the next couple of days.....more for the fun to see if anymore interesting comments get posted. They want to play...they can, but they won't rattle this lady's cage. Sat here with a big grin on my face......knowing that I am better than they are!!! :D The art of one up man ship!! All they seem to know is how to be vile....how on earth will they know how to reply to someone being so diplomatic and not having to resort to such basic and rude comments?

No wonder I prefer animals to most humans!!!!

Last edited:
I know now that what I am doing is for the best. No-one can accuse me of being defeatist.....I've given it my best shot for as long as I possibly could...tenacity, my middle name. Thank goodness I am starting to get on a slightly more even keel, otherwise I would be drowning my sorrows with copious amounts of alcohol.

I know now that what I am doing is for the best. No-one can accuse me of being defeatist.....I've given it my best shot for as long as I possibly could...tenacity, my middle name. Thank goodness I am starting to get on a slightly more even keel, otherwise I would be drowning my sorrows with copious amounts of alcohol.

Which would only make things a million times worse !

Mrs B I know how hard it's been to keep going. But I really admire you for not giving in! Many would have, and do give in when faced with life's trauma's and set backs. Not you!

Mrs B, the indomitable :love:

I think if you read the comments section attached to lots of newspaper articles, you will find that the comments will often be quite blunt and rude in some cases. Also once one person starts off on a theme, it then seems to be the case that others feel comfortable repeating the same sentiment. When the person commenting is able to be anonymous this happens even more so.

Just remember, you have decided you are unable to continue for reasons other than just financial ones, so it would have been very confusing for you if you had actually received offers of help (although this was always going to be very unlikely). You would have been rethinking your decision even more. If I were you I would try to put the newspaper article behind you and concentrate on your future plans.

I read the comments and honestly the comments section on pretty much anything is going to be full of these same kind of comments. It amazes me how judgmental people are of someone they've never met but they've got a talent of putting a negative spin on everything. Probably the same people who spend half their time whining about people sponging off benefits and how immigrants are ruining the country etc. Just nonsense.

A couple of times in the last month or so I've read the comments section on a couple of miraculous birth stories (multiple kids being born, one was identical quadruplets from an accidental pregnancy) just to see how many people would be positive and how many negative and of course there were lots of comments about overpopulation, benefits, how they should've used a condom, etc. People never fail to amaze.:roll: Funny how concerned they get over someone else's fiances.

Calming and steadying...that's what you wonderful people keep helping me to remain doing.

Finding a new job....hopefully with very little interaction with humans!!! Or else my tongue could well be bitten through within the first few hours..... Had almost 25 years in banking, that was enough of dealing with the general public!!

Back