• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bye, bye Hoppy Holidays. :( CLOSED. 28.8.16

Mrs B it's a big change but you've got a lot of good things to come. :)

(((((Hug)))))

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The guinea pigs that are currently staying with me are the last ones too. Knowing that I is all about to end is incredibly upsetting and I'm doing my best to remain positive but it is hard psyching myself up for the final closure of Hoppy Holidays. All the little furry friends that I have cared for were and are my friends and I will miss them all so much.

A local paper has been in contact re me closing H Hols, and they have spoken to me and are going to do an article in the local paper. It may be featured in this weeks copy otherwise it should be in the one for next week. Basically I need a fairy godmother/father, animal lover, wealthy and willing to let me rent somewhere suitable for a much lower rent than market value, to enable me to keep going. I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous and I must have lost the plot, however if you don't ask, you don't get.

I'm not holding my breath, but there might just be one wealthy person who has a kind heart and money to help a small and much needed little business.
More chance of me being ridiculed .....it's only a rabbit etc..... But hey ho...

Watch this space.

A local paper has been in contact re me closing H Hols, and they have spoken to me and are going to do an article in the local paper. It may be featured in this weeks copy otherwise it should be in the one for next week. Basically I need a fairy godmother/father, animal lover, wealthy and willing to let me rent somewhere suitable for a much lower rent than market value, to enable me to keep going. I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous and I must have lost the plot, however if you don't ask, you don't get.

I'm not holding my breath, but there might just be one wealthy person who has a kind heart and money to help a small and much needed little business.
More chance of me being ridiculed .....it's only a rabbit etc..... But hey ho...

Watch this space.

Whilst I do hope that there will be a person in a position to help in some way I cant help but worry that you may pin too much hope on it and then feel even more crushed if nothing comes from the article. Also, do be VERY careful and dont take any offers at face value. I know I will probably be seen as being a cynical old bat ( well, I am !) but you are vulnerable at the moment and not everyone out there is always as they may initially seem. I have had my fingers burnt once too often to not think as I do.

Whilst I do hope that there will be a person in a position to help in some way I cant help but worry that you may pin too much hope on it and then feel even more crushed if nothing comes from the article. Also, do be VERY careful and dont take any offers at face value. I know I will probably be seen as being a cynical old bat ( well, I am !) but you are vulnerable at the moment and not everyone out there is always as they may initially seem. I have had my fingers burnt once too often to not think as I do.

Found my sensible head and I understand exactly what you mean. I'm not going to bolt down the first hole that might come along. I know I'm very vulnerable atm and as we both know from experience, many people are not what they appear to be.

Have house in Bidford so if nothing comes to fruition, I still have a new home and new start in life.

Thanks Jane for sharing your wise insight. xxx

Jane has knocked everything I wanted to say on the head :)

Mrs B, if I had the money and space I'd offer. I really wish I could :(

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I too share Jane's concern for the reasons she has stated.

I realise that we think about situations and decisions very, very differently, which is why I hold off sometimes from clouding your mind with my views. My views are clearly also very different from many others on here. However, it appears quite obvious to me why you are thinking and feeling as you are at the moment. I'll try and explain in a way that comes across in the way intended :)

You considered for a long time what you should do regarding your business. You weighed everything up and came to the decision that both physically and financially you could not carry on. This decision was one of the ones which demonstrated to me how differently we view situations, but of course this had to be your decision based on how you felt/feel.

Now that the reality is kicking in and you are saying goodbye to some of your furry clients, you are feeling upset (and of course this is natural).

What you should not do though, in my opinion, is to change your mind about your decision, which you made based on your valid reasons. Accept that this is going to be upsetting, but have faith in the decision that you made as presumably the reasons for that decision are still valid.

Watch this space.

I think your heart will tell you what the right thing to do is. You may make decisions and then waver in your decisions for a while - that's perfectly normal. But when you come to some equilibrium again (it happens now and then!) you will realise what you should do.

Your BF can help in this by discussing it with him? After all, if you have a future together, it's important to talk over big decisions together, even if at the end of the day, it's your own decision :D

It is a last ditch attempt to hang onto something I love doing, my heart is trying to rule my head. I'm so tenacious and never give up until I have done my utmost and then I have to resign myself to the fact that I nothing more can be done.

Thanks for keeping me on track. My emotions are running high right now and because of that there is the possibility of 'rat down drainpipe' scenario. xx

I too share Jane's concern for the reasons she has stated.

I realise that we think about situations and decisions very, very differently, which is why I hold off sometimes from clouding your mind with my views. My views are clearly also very different from many others on here. However, it appears quite obvious to me why you are thinking and feeling as you are at the moment. I'll try and explain in a way that comes across in the way intended :)

You considered for a long time what you should do regarding your business. You weighed everything up and came to the decision that both physically and financially you could not carry on. This decision was one of the ones which demonstrated to me how differently we view situations, but of course this had to be your decision based on how you felt/feel.

Now that the reality is kicking in and you are saying goodbye to some of your furry clients, you are feeling upset (and of course this is natural).

What you should not do though, in my opinion, is to change your mind about your decision, which you made based on your valid reasons. Accept that this is going to be upsetting, but have faith in the decision that you made as presumably the reasons for that decision are still valid

I think this is exactly how I feel. Di, you have had years of being belittled and bullied into believing that you are incapable of making any decisions for yourself. But that is just not true.

I am reminding you of what you said in your OP

I've made the heart breaking decision to close my little business which I started up back in 2002. There are many reasons for its closure, financial and my deteriorating health are the main ones though. When my life changed dramatically back in March 2014, I promised my clients that I would keep going for as long as possible, well, I've done my utmost since then, but I cannot keep going for much longer. It's been such a lovely business and not many people can say that they thoroughly love their job, so I must count myself to have been very lucky for so long.

I will sincerely miss meeting so many wonderful people and their equally wonderful furry families.

Hoppy Holidays will 'close' its doors at the end of August.:cry: http://www.findpetboarding.com/smallpetboarding/profile/3365

Thank you everyone who has used/ recommended the service that Hoppy Holidays has offered over the past 14 years.

Di. xx

I think that wavering is understandable, but I also think that the decision made was the right one. I think you know that too, but you have no faith in your own judgement as you have been brainwashed into believing that you'll always do the wrong thing.

If you can get yourself into the new place, access as much help as possible to navigate your way around the Benefits system, into which you have been PAYING all of your working life, and have a bit of space to come to terms with all of the changes you will eventually see that you do know what is best for you and that you do not need anyone else's approval.

Omi, Jane, Mightmax, you are all right. I'm wavering because of having little or no faith in my own judgement...all down to my past. My goodness, how my past life has impacted on me and how it continues to do so. I know the past plays a great part in making us who we are, and when you've experienced so much bullying and belittling over the course of your entire life, it is incredibly difficult to try and start from the beginning again, especially when there is no personal 'template' to work on. I do know what is best for me, but others have over ridden my decisions so much over time that I do not/cannot believe in myself. I can honestly say that living a life so free from emotional pain is only something I can dream about....for now!

Deep down I know the decision I have made is the right one, just trying to cling onto something that has meant so much to me. The animals have been my saviours. I have to try and go it alone.

I'd be so lost without the perspective of others.....thank you.xxxx

Last edited:
Omi, Jane, Mightmax, you are all right. I'm wavering because of having little or no faith in my own judgement...all down to my past. My goodness, how my past life has impacted on me and how it continues to do so. I know the plays a great part in making us who we are, and when you've experienced so much bullying and belittling over the course of your entire life, it is incredibly difficult to try and start from the beginning again, especially when there is no personal 'template' to work on.

Deep down I know the decision I have made is the right one, just trying to cling onto something that has meant so much to me. The animals have been my saviours.

Also, when we already feel we are in a dark place it can seem to be less scary to not make any changes, even if the changes might actually shine a glimmer of light into our darkness. Stepping into the unknown is scary for most people. Even more so if we feel the only 'security' we have is what we already know.

Omi, Jane, Mightmax, you are all right. I'm wavering because of having little or no faith in my own judgement...all down to my past. My goodness, how my past life has impacted on me and how it continues to do so. I know the past plays a great part in making us who we are, and when you've experienced so much bullying and belittling over the course of your entire life, it is incredibly difficult to try and start from the beginning again, especially when there is no personal 'template' to work on. I do know what is best for me, but others have over ridden my decisions so much over time that I do not/cannot believe in myself. I can honestly say that living a life so free from emotional pain is only something I can dream about....for now!

Deep down I know the decision I have made is the right one, just trying to cling onto something that has meant so much to me. The animals have been my saviours. I have to try and go it alone.

Yes, I know you know :D

Hugs always here for you xx

Also, when we already feel we are in a dark place it can seem to be less scary to not make any changes, even if the changes might actually shine a glimmer of light into our darkness. Stepping into the unknown is scary for most people. Even more so if we feel the only 'security' we have is what we already know.

Very true. My changes will shine a glimmer of light into the darkness. As scary as it is.

Closing H Hols is the right thing for ME !!! And me is who I have to put first for once in my life. I've loved every single moment caring for so many little animals, however one big 'animal' now needs tender loving care...and that 'animal' is me!!!

Use the love and compassion I show to the animals......to myself for once in my life. Learn to love myself and do away with the self loathing because of never having felt good enough.....for others!!!

Me, me , me now!!

Last edited:
Just to add, that there are certainly many decisions I have made in my life, where I have made sure that the decision is the right one for me at the time. But then actually carrying out the decision has been distressing/upsetting and sometimes resulting in a feeling of loss. This has not meant that the decision was wrong. We are not machines. We have emotions.

Back