• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny preferring human to other buns?

Is it odd that a bunny would choose to be with a human (i.e. me) rather than his other buunies???

I have my open plan living area partitioned so that the buns can't get to the tv, pc, leather settee ....they have the dining area when I am not able to supervise them 100% (and that means eyes in the back of me head type supervision as Bugsy is super-quick at chewing lol)

So the partition is 5ft across by 2.5ft high, and every opportunity Pebbles with jump it to get to me. he follows me around like a puppy when I'm in the kitchen, and flops at my feet when i'm sitting at PC . I always put him back with the others at night time, but Wednesday morning 4:30 I hear him crash over the partition and he promptly hunts me out in my bedroom! Yesterday he was jumping on me and trying to sit between my back and the back of the chair, and even ended up sitting on my desk in front of me a few times. Whenever I put him back with the others, he ignores them..looks at me longingly as if to say "mummy get me out" .and tries to get back to me as soon as possible.

Maybe it's because I give him extra food separate to the others due to his dental issues, but he really seems to love being with me!

I love having him around me but I don't want to lose the "bond" with the quad that I've established over the last 7 months, so I am going to get a higher board to partition the room, so that he does spend time with the others, and when the weather is better they can go out together in the re-vamped walk in run...

Is there a maximum amount of time he can spend with me and away from the other 3 without it being detrimental to the bond? Is this normal bunny behaviour??? I can't have the other 3 running round my bedroom at night...Pebbles just lays down and sleeps, the others would just chew everything!

I had a rabbit who used to spend some nights with his wifebun annd some wiith his mother and sisters, so maybe your rabbit is a bit like that.

Back