• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Neglect - I want to use your photos.

Pebby :cry: From the same "rescue" as Oscar and Wiggles :cry: - unable to walk and had various fits :cry:
Pebby6033.jpg

Boots, from the same place as Alfie and Douglas :cry:
rex.jpg

Rhia, who had the wrong vet treatment and had extremely bad snuffles, also her eyes had been pushed out of their sockets due to infection :cry: She was also abscessed :cry:
rhia-1.jpg

Rhia-3.jpg

Rosebud - who had been attacked and had her nose bitten off :cry::cry: She was full of abscesses and so petrified :cry:
rosebud-1.jpg

I have more that I have to upload but I need a break 'cos it's breaking my heart seeing them like this again :cry::cry::cry:

Oh dear, very distressing photos and stories :cry::cry: How can human beings do this??????

How many of these buns managed to make a full or at least partial recovery?

The only one whose outcome I dont know is Alysia. I had to hand her over to the RSPCA after I was arrested for stealing her. I refused to hand her back to her 'Breeder' which is what she had said I had to do if I wanted her to drop the Theft allegation

:censored:

I think of Alysia every day. Not knowing her fate breaks my heart :cry: :cry:

Her piccie is in my avatar

There are truly amazing members on this forum, and it warms my heart :love:
Uh... I have some of Ghostie but she only looks a bit dark coloured and thin, do you want me to post them tomorrow?

Here are some of ours

Alice who was left in a 3 foot indoor cage (but it was outdoors) with a pregnant female who gave birth the morning they arrived at my house, it was 4 th January, the woman wanted to get rid of them because her dog kept barking at the cage
Alice11x2.jpg

Mack and Mabel were left abandoned in a garden without food or water, we don;t know for how long, Mack was near starved to death, both had splayed legs, long nails, mites, eye infections and no teeth
MackMabel1x2.jpg

Mack
Mack15x2.jpg

Ginny came in with her sister, they both had eye infections and mites
Ginny3x2.jpg

Miss Scraggy was covered in sores and bites and being continually humped
MissScraggy2x2.jpg

I cannot show the pictures of the 3 unneutered male bunnies who were living in this outside all year round:evil::evil:
Neddies006x1.jpg

Neddies002x1.jpg

Neddies003x1.jpg

The rest of the story is so horrific that we still have nightmares about it

ETA I have just re-read my post and looked at the pictures of that carrier and the smell has immediately hit me again!:evil::evil:

Last edited:
I'm listening to Spinning Plates by Radiohead while looking at these pics and it is making me cry :cry:

Oh dear, very distressing photos and stories :cry::cry: How can human beings do this??????

How many of these buns managed to make a full or at least partial recovery?

All of them lived happy lives full of love - it may not have been for long for some of them :cry: but we gave them everything that they wanted - so that they could forget the terrible memories :cry: We really and truly hope that they went to the Bridge happy and knowing that they where loved unconditionally :love::love:

Some of them are still here with us :love: and those who have gone to the Bridge are still with us in our hearts and memories, they will never leave us:love::love:

I cannot show the pictures of the 3 unneutered male bunnies who were living in this outside all year round:evil::evil:
Neddies006x1.jpg

Neddies002x1.jpg

Neddies003x1.jpg

The rest of the story is so horrific that we still have nightmares about it

ETA I have just re-read my post and looked at the pictures of that carrier and the smell has immediately hit me again!:evil::evil:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

if only people could be executed :evil:

I have just re-read my post and looked at the pictures of that carrier and the smell has immediately hit me again!:evil::evil:[/QUOTE]

have you got a link to this post please

I just had to login and comment on this... I just cannot believe what conditions people keep their buns in and what pain they must be in - words fail me....:cry: Makes me want to go out to my girls and cuddle them. I think if people see pics like this on webgroups, it might shock them into changing their opinions of rabbits and educate them on how they must not be allowed to live. Bless the rescues and individuals who help these bunnies....

All of them lived happy lives full of love - it may not have been for long for some of them :cry: but we gave them everything that they wanted - so that they could forget the terrible memories :cry: We really and truly hope that they went to the Bridge happy and knowing that they where loved unconditionally :love::love:

See this is such a good point. I see these pictures and read the stories and it breaks my heart, and it almost makes you think 'what difference does it make what i do, even if i help one bunny, there's still thousands that still need helps'..... but even giving one poorly treated bunny just a few days of happiness makes all the difference to that one bunny, and is SO worth it... so you rescues that help so many bunnies... wow, you blow me away!

I have just re-read my post and looked at the pictures of that carrier and the smell has immediately hit me again!:evil::evil:

have you got a link to this post please[/QUOTE]

That is the post, what I did was posted it and then when I realised I could smell the smell again I put

ETA = which means Edited To Add and I put about the smell because seeing the pictures reminded me of the smell,

oh der to me lol :p thought you meant you had re-read your post about the poor things that lived in those carriers sorry.

See this is such a good point. I see these pictures and read the stories and it breaks my heart, and it almost makes you think 'what difference does it make what i do, even if i help one bunny, there's still thousands that still need helps'..... but even giving one poorly treated bunny just a few days of happiness makes all the difference to that one bunny, and is SO worth it... so you rescues that help so many bunnies... wow, you blow me away!

I used to think the same as you until I got really involved and we have to concentrate on all those we can help and it really does make a difference, especially the work that Jay and John do at Ebony Eyes, they are marvellous and they work wonders with some of the most brain damaged, injured, ill treated, neglected and abused bunnies ever, they are so inspiring, and everything they do is surrounded by love and that is priceless.

So, if you can help just one bunny then it really does make a difference

I don't have any pic's of neglected bunnies. BUT I feel that pet shops who sell those TINY hutches have GOT to take part of the blame,the least they could do is not sell the tiny hutch unlsee you buy a run! I mean they are currently so cheap, that people can buy a rabbit (or G-Pig) almost on impulse.
It's illigal to puppy farm so why are animals like rabbits treated with less respect than dogs:censored: I mean I love dogs and cats and horses and snakes and so one and so forth! but I think rabbits and guinnie pigs have a worse time than many because thay are kept in hutches/cages so when people loose intrest (as small children often do) they have NO means of escape or of attempting to fend for them selves or leave home (as cats tend to do) they are just stuck there.
My daughter got hamsers when she was about 8 but lost intrest after a bit so I had to care for them.
To tell the truth I think you should have to have a licence to breed any animal so people THINK when getting a pet, also the neutering shoulds be cheeper it's going to cost me £65.00 to get Frodo 'done' :rolleyes:

Bud1sml.jpg

One of the rescues posted this little ones picture, not sure which, possibly Ebonyeyes? I sent a donation.

I am sure who ever posted it wouldn't mind it being used to promote animal welfare

Rabswood

oh der to me lol :p thought you meant you had re-read your post about the poor things that lived in those carriers sorry.

No, I have never posted about the conditions of that particular rescue because they are far too distressing, 3 netherland dwarf males were living in that carrier, there was a 4 foot hutch with 5 netherland dwarfs in both male and female, none of them were neutered, the females kept giving birth and because of the conditions none of the babies survived and when we emptied the thick debris in the bottom it was horrific, I don't think I need to say anymore except that there were 3 hutches like that which contained both male and female bunnies, of the rabbits we got out there were 21 pregnancies:evil::evil:

Back