• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

breeding??

I don't like to be seen as supporting breeding as such...but feel I do have to say that I don't think we have the right to put so much questioning to this new member ..such as inland revenue..demanding pics ect...
having an opposing view is fine ..but I think the last couple of posts are heavy handed to say the least:?
Me too there is a difference between giving advice and interogating

Me too there is a difference between giving advice and interogating

:thumb: Would just like to say to the new member:

Don't let the others put you off coming here we're not all assuming you're out looking for trouble, in fact it seems the other way around to be honest. I'm not sure what colour the babies will come out, but all I can say is please do lots of research and find homes first before you breed. :) :wave:

i have already apologised, and i guess we were a bit heavy handed, but reasonable questions were asked and their intention explained. If the OP chooses to take offence then so be it. Most of us are experienced enough to know that breeding usually doesn't work out the way people intend - friends and family are quickly 'saturated' with new bunnies (lucky you if you have so many knowledgeable friends!) so unless you KNOW you have homes lined up, where to the next litter go? We've just heard all these reasons and ideas before, and know they just don't work out.

Everyone asks for set-up pics and bunny pics - its not an inspection, its information and appreciation.

If you dont want to be questioned, dont ask a question!!

It's also about how you speak to people though. Sone comments on here were delivered agressively and sarcastically and were completely counter productive. If people deliver 'advice' in this way they themselves are contributing to the problem. I'm sure you understand that yourself as a vet/trainee.

It's also about how you speak to people though. Sone comments on here were delivered agressively and sarcastically and were completely counter productive. If people deliver 'advice' in this way they themselves are contributing to the problem. I'm sure you understand that yourself as a vet/trainee.

With respect, if you have a problem with anything I have said and wish to call it agressive then quote me and highlight the sentence you class as aggressive, nothing Vikkivet said was aggressive and I really can't see how it is helpful when people explain where they are coming from and how their comments are meant - and in fact explain that they were not intended to be offensive etc to keep banging on about it and repeating the same old things.

Why don't you answer the original question posted by the OP if you are so determined to help? I don't think it's unreasonable to express an opinion - it has not been aggressive, if anything the response was far more insulting calling me crazy, too much time on my hands and determined to see the worst or whatever it was. I am going to turn my pc off now or un-subscribe from this thread so it doesn't keep popping up in my emails and when I look it is just comments adding nothing constructive but, in fact trying to make others feel bad for what 'caring about rabbit welfare' !!:evil::censored::censored:

With respect, if you have a problem with anything I have said and wish to call it agressive then quote me and highlight the sentence you class as aggressive, nothing Vikkivet said was aggressive and I really can't see how it is helpful when people explain where they are coming from and how their comments are meant - and in fact explain that they were not intended to be offensive etc to keep banging on about it and repeating the same old things.

Why don't you answer the original question posted by the OP if you are so determined to help? I don't think it's unreasonable to express an opinion - it has not been aggressive, if anything the response was far more insulting calling me crazy, too much time on my hands and determined to see the worst or whatever it was. I am going to turn my pc off now or un-subscribe from this thread so it doesn't keep popping up in my emails and when I look it is just comments adding nothing constructive but, in fact trying to make others feel bad for what 'caring about rabbit welfare' !!:evil::censored::censored:

With even more respect, I thought you were doing that anyway?

I never said VikkiVet was agressive, she clearly wasn't, others were.

I do think your approach was counter productive, and as I said, I agree with honeybunny about probing too far and basically being a little bit silly.

I can't fully answer the original question, neither can you it seems, but I can welcome someone new to the forum in a calm and constructive way :)

We all want to promote rabbit welfare, but scaring someone off to a less caring forum is not going to help anyone. There was a thread about this sometime ago and people have generally been much more supportive of newbies since then, no matter what they have first posted with. Maybe if everyone else did the same we might actually be able to change things for the better.

Last edited:
ok, so i wasnt aggressive, just sarcastic :roll:

I'd say VickiP was inquisitive at most, sarcastic too but she has aplogised. She wasnt rude or aggressive, just questioning motives.

None of us should assume the worst of people, especially newbies, but the circumstances of the post were suspicious. Like i said before, if you explain the situation fully early on it saves all this hassle.

I think VickiP was just demonstrating her frustration with indiscriminate backyard breeding "for the joy of it" and its consequences, which many such people don't realise - they may be well intentioned but just arent aware of what may happen to the kits after they leave. if she was aggressive, it was towards the situation not the OP.

Back