• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want lots of money..anyone up for robbing a bank?

I can feel an infraction coming on :shock:
I don't usually join in these threads as it's too frustrating but this I have to respond to this reply ...

4.gif

Hmm, well doesnt look like im going to get much help on here.
Becky Your Hilarious :L:L Not.

I genuinely want to know why you want to breed.
is it carrying on the line of your doe? the prospect of having kits? money?

has your research told you that theres over 35,000 rabbits in rescue homes?

a thread like this will probably just make this person go and breed without knowing anything i know its a touchy subject but maybe we should try and help??

Hmm, well doesnt look like im going to get much help on here.
Becky Your Hilarious :L:L Not.

:? If anything, i personally think i gave a good response to your question! I actually told you what it would be best to do.

Im actually a fosterer for a rescue, and believe it or not i had a litter in many months ago, who are still with me now, because someone 'wanted to breed', look where the rabbits ended up :roll:

well i ent everybody else. only came to ask for advice. not be moaned. and yh i will be goin ahead with it. and they will be the best looked after bunnies ever!

to be honest i think people should say why not to breed but we cant force it on her. ive learnt that sometimes we just have to accept that people are going to do things like this no matter what. ive been in this position with Crystal i wanted her to have babies and i know the thought of babies can over power the resons not to breed if that makes sense. if we're nice then at least these babies could find good home through this forum? if we chase people away were just going to get a bad rep for ourselves.

also breeders are allowed on this forum its not just for rescues ;)

So, considering your bunny could have 8 kits. 4 could be male, 4 female. Wuld you have the space to split them up. Neuter them when old enough. Vaccinations. ??

If you 'want' more bunnies, there are thousands in rescues. Whats up with them??

Is it because baby bunnies are fluffy and small and cute? Once they are old enough, and 'not cute and small' anymore, they will be forgot about??

Heya, have you got any pictures of your bun?
Im sure she is gorgeous.
What people are trying to say, is if you don't know 4 generations on either side, you don't know if you are going to be breeding defects into them, for example dental problems.
I have a bunny here called Muffin, he had malocclusion (where the teeth do not align, and he had to have his 4 incisors out (£120) since then, one of the incisors has grown back 5 times (he has just come home from his op) costing £60 each time. Say you breed a whole litter that has these problems, thats pretty pricey!!
Vaccinations are £20 (averagely)each, and they need 3 a year, so £60 per bun on vaccines alone. Then neutering/speying, for a female, on average is £70, and a male on average £50.

See how pricey it ends up?! :shock:

Is it that you'd like to see Baby Buns from birth to weaning ?
If so why not get in touch with a local Rescue. You could Foster a pregnant Doe for them (believe me there will always be a pregnant Doe ending up in Rescue :cry:) The Rescue could support you as you care for Mum Bun and you'll get to see new born kits and how they develope. It is facinating but deliberate breeding also comes with huge responsibilities.

You should never breed from a Rabbit whose genetic background (at least 3 generations) is unknown.

You need to be able to provide lifelong care (vaccinations, Vet Bills, food etc...etc) for all Rabbits you allow to be born. Assuming that you will be able to home them is wrong as you may not be able to find good homes for them.

Personally I am 100% against the deliberate Breeding of Rabbits. But should you decide to go ahead I suggest you PM WalnutEarth on here.
She Breeds German Lops.

From reading your other posts I believe you've only just had this bunny recently, and have not had rabbits before.

Wouldn't you much rather enjoy the bunny you have got now, rather than putting her through the exhaustion and stress of having a litter. It's a lot of commitment having to look after a hormonal mum and possibly up to 10-12 babies. I know you have said that you have the space and money but would you be able to pay for all the babies to be vacc'd, neutered, emergency treatment - i know i've spent over £1000 in vets fees since getting my bunny and i've only had her 8 months :shock:

It's good that you're doing research before deciding to go ahead, but I really don't think that because you "want to" is a valid enough reason to breed your pet. I know babies are cute, but it is so much hard work and time. I know I wouldn't be able to do it.

What if your mum wanted grandkids and decided to breed from you just so she could have a baby around?? Doesn't sound nice does it??
That's what you're doing to the bunny.

Please listen to us, we're not having a go, we're just thinking of your bunny

if we're nice then at least these babies could find good home through this forum? if we chase people away were just going to get a bad rep for ourselves.

also breeders are allowed on this forum its not just for rescues ;)
True this forum is not just for rescues but neither is it a place for people to offload unwanted stock.

Last edited:
also breeders are allowed on this forum its not just for rescues ;)[/QUOTE]

would never think that!!!:shock::p:lol:

hope all goes well for your buns and there future babies:love::wave::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back