• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boots has gone

I've not had rabbits now for nearly five years.However I have had hammies..even the act of removing the bedding cleaning out the cage etc,sets me off .I remember getting rid of Rio rabbits litter tray,toys etc after he passed.I would love to have another rabbit,however finances are tight I really couldn't afford vet bills etc.I will be getting a new Syrian hammy in the next month or so after wee "Pi" was put to sleep some weeks ago.:(

Cleaning out his litter trays and removing everything from his room was very upsetting:cry: I am not going to be getting any more rabbits, I won't say never again but right now I couldn't think of getting any more, probably ever. He was so special to me and the bond we had with him couldn't be found easily with another rabbit. It wouldn't be fair on the new rabbit/s expecting it to fill a Boots sized hole in our lives. I have had quite a few rabbits both whilst I was young - they were my mum's rabbits, and in later years, and the bond we had with Boots was so strong, it was unlike any I've had with any other rabbit. Even my mum cried when I told her Boots had gone, he used to go to her house when we went away:cry:

We are very fortunate to have other furries in our life, my cat definitely senses that there is something wrong and is being extra affectionate, normally he doesn't do cuddles but he spent an hour laid under my chin last night, and again today! I am trying to keep myself busy and cheerful by watching my goats up to their antics!

It's even more difficult if you have a close bond with the bunny.Rio's wifey bun Cleo was an utter unfriendly madam,except with him,grooming lying beside him etc.She didn't tolerate being touched etc by me.Just the way she was.I had to accept it,she died aged four from severe bloat.Rio lived to eight.I miss them both.My niece keeps saying I'll get you some more rabbits.I have to be very firm and say no!Much as my heart says yes.Take care of yourself.

It's even more difficult if you have a close bond with the bunny.Rio's wifey bun Cleo was an utter unfriendly madam,except with him,grooming lying beside him etc.She didn't tolerate being touched etc by me.Just the way she was.I had to accept it,she died aged four from severe bloat.Rio lived to eight.I miss them both.My niece keeps saying I'll get you some more rabbits.I have to be very firm and say no!Much as my heart says yes.Take care of yourself.

It is so hard :cry: but at least I have the support of you all :love:

This forum is full of folk that have been through all sorts with their bunnies,I was so glad I found it years ago.So many say it's only a hamster,budgie rabbit etc,they don't understand it's a little life that has a place in your heart.

I'm glad you are getting support from yoour furries & some distraction from your crazy kid goats. He will be sorely missed. His personality even shines through on your signature xx

Cleaning out his litter trays and removing everything from his room was very upsetting:cry: I am not going to be getting any more rabbits, I won't say never again but right now I couldn't think of getting any more, probably ever. He was so special to me and the bond we had with him couldn't be found easily with another rabbit. It wouldn't be fair on the new rabbit/s expecting it to fill a Boots sized hole in our lives. I have had quite a few rabbits both whilst I was young - they were my mum's rabbits, and in later years, and the bond we had with Boots was so strong, it was unlike any I've had with any other rabbit. Even my mum cried when I told her Boots had gone, he used to go to her house when we went away:cry:

We are very fortunate to have other furries in our life, my cat definitely senses that there is something wrong and is being extra affectionate, normally he doesn't do cuddles but he spent an hour laid under my chin last night, and again today! I am trying to keep myself busy and cheerful by watching my goats up to their antics!

Zoobec it's heartbreakingly painful :cry:

He was so clearly very special. He can't possibly be replaced and maybe your heart will never be ready for another. Time will tell I suppose.

Boots was one in a million xx

So, with the support of you all, some crazy goat kid entertainment and my cat who isn't at all cuddly suddenly becoming the cuddliest cat ever I have managed to muddle through the day. It's been hard, and triggers to set me off blubbing are everywhere because he was such a big part of our life. Every mealtime he would end up with something, and all that is ending up in the bin because he is not here anymore, and apparently goats do not like banana, or broccoli, or carrot!

Thankyou all for being there for me :love: xx

All I have at the moment is a new budgie,He's not people friendly I have to say compared to my old boy Jinks who was I would say my feathered soul mate.Such is life.A new Hammy is awaiting the large triple decked cage...:)

All I have at the moment is a new budgie,He's not people friendly I have to say compared to my old boy Jinks who was I would say my feathered soul mate.Such is life.A new Hammy is awaiting the large triple decked cage...:)

I hope in time your new budgie will become more friendly. I bet it will be nice to get a new Hammy for the hammy palace :thumb:

I'm feeling raw still and constantly forgetting that he isn't here. He was always there for a cuddle, if ever I felt down he would lay on me for ages enjoying a cuddle :love:

Just want to add a few extra (((((Hugs)))) here for you, Zoobec.

I am so sorry, I know how hard it is to miss them. Especially in these circumstances. It is difficult to know how to process it. It's been a month now since Pip has gone and I'm no closer to coming to grips with her absence. :(

Keep thinking of the good memories and post them here. :love:

If you ever need a chat or an ear, my PM box is always open. xxxx

Just want to add a few extra (((((Hugs)))) here for you, Zoobec.

I am so sorry, I know how hard it is to miss them. Especially in these circumstances. It is difficult to know how to process it. It's been a month now since Pip has gone and I'm no closer to coming to grips with her absence. :(

Keep thinking of the good memories and post them here. :love:

If you ever need a chat or an ear, my PM box is always open. xxxx

Thankyou :love: xxx

Back