• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boots has gone

I've only just caught up with this thread :cry:

I am so very sorry you had to say such a sudden good bye to such a beautiful and special boy - it's just devastating.

Big hugs to you xxxx

Really struggling to cope with the grief I am feeling. I'm worried about my daughter, she is missing him terribly too but hasn't cried, whereas I am struggling to stop crying. I just feel so sad, and my brain keeps expecting me to see him. There are so many triggers everywhere. I need to do a rainbow bridge tribute for him too but I can't do it at the moment:cry:

I understand. (((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))))) RB tributes are so very hard to do. I don't think I ever really put one up properly for Tooey (cat). :(

I empathize with having a daughter who bottles up feelings. I have watched my own daughter deal with the losses of several pets...one of which was her beloved dog years ago who was poisoned...and each time she was the picture of an unearthly calm. It really bothered me sometimes. But with Pip's passing, she hasn't been able to stop crying yet. It's not wailing and sobbing, she just tears up and then comments on how she doesn't get why she's still not 'over it.' It's obvious to me. :?

Whereas she can bring up a memory of her and I'm off to the races. :cry: Of course, she was in my care at the time and I truly feel I missed something vital and so it's my fault she's gone, but I loved that bunny. A quote I've seen that really resonates with me is, "If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever."
She lived in my room with me and was a part of my every waking moment (and a few of my sleeping ones as well if she thought to throw a paddy at stupid o'clock) and I still can't believe she's gone. :cry:

It takes time. We all work it out our own ways. All we can do is be there for one another. Sometimes, that's really all that's needed.

Boots definitely had a lot of love surrounding him. He was one lucky bunny. :love: How happy you must have made him. :) xxxx

Hugs for you Zoobec, you are never far from my thoughts.

For along time whenever I showed OH something on RU & he saw your signature he'd say "it's Boo" & then more recently "its Boo...ts" - he did it last night & I didn't even have to tell him Boots has gone, he could tell by my face & wobbly lip.

When it is less raw you'll be able to write a wonderful tribute & I look forward to hearing all of his story, habits & quirks (& more photos )xx

I'm so sorry Zoobec - I remember Boots - and you - well from when I was here before. Sleep tight beautiful little man :(

Really struggling to cope with the grief I am feeling. I'm worried about my daughter, she is missing him terribly too but hasn't cried, whereas I am struggling to stop crying. I just feel so sad, and my brain keeps expecting me to see him. There are so many triggers everywhere. I need to do a rainbow bridge tribute for him too but I can't do it at the moment:cry:

It's no consolation at all but I've been feeling like you all week, having lost my beautiful Betty on Monday. I cried all day pretty much on Monday and have cried every day since but a bit less each day. She, and Rosie, who I lost in December keep popping into my mind at the oddest times. Worrying about my remaining two singles and getting them bonded has kind of taken over a bit now but I still feel so shocked Betty has gone. Hugs from me to you and your daughter.

I understand. (((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))))) RB tributes are so very hard to do. I don't think I ever really put one up properly for Tooey (cat). :(

I empathize with having a daughter who bottles up feelings. I have watched my own daughter deal with the losses of several pets...one of which was her beloved dog years ago who was poisoned...and each time she was the picture of an unearthly calm. It really bothered me sometimes. But with Pip's passing, she hasn't been able to stop crying yet. It's not wailing and sobbing, she just tears up and then comments on how she doesn't get why she's still not 'over it.' It's obvious to me. :?

Whereas she can bring up a memory of her and I'm off to the races. :cry: Of course, she was in my care at the time and I truly feel I missed something vital and so it's my fault she's gone, but I loved that bunny. A quote I've seen that really resonates with me is, "If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever."
She lived in my room with me and was a part of my every waking moment (and a few of my sleeping ones as well if she thought to throw a paddy at stupid o'clock) and I still can't believe she's gone. :cry:

It takes time. We all work it out our own ways. All we can do is be there for one another. Sometimes, that's really all that's needed.

Boots definitely had a lot of love surrounding him. He was one lucky bunny. :love: How happy you must have made him. :) xxxx

Thankyou Mimzmum :love: it is very hard, it's still early days and there was no warning which makes it seem worse :cry:

I know he was happy, he was such a happy bunny and I loved every minute we shared, just wished it was a lot longer:cry:

I wish we didn't have to go through this pain :cry:

Hugs for you Zoobec, you are never far from my thoughts.

For along time whenever I showed OH something on RU & he saw your signature he'd say "it's Boo" & then more recently "its Boo...ts" - he did it last night & I didn't even have to tell him Boots has gone, he could tell by my face & wobbly lip.

When it is less raw you'll be able to write a wonderful tribute & I look forward to hearing all of his story, habits & quirks (& more photos )xx

Thankyou Joey&Boo :love: yes, he did look a bit like Boo :love: I often find I'm upset when an RU bunny dies :cry: it's as if you know them. Dora, Boots sister died exactly a month before Boots, and I was upset when I read about that on here too :cry:

I am hoping to be able to do a nice tribute to him. At the moment it doesn't seem real sometimes and the realisation of it keeps hitting me :cry:

Really hate being without him, and being bunniless:cry:

I'm so sorry Zoobec - I remember Boots - and you - well from when I was here before. Sleep tight beautiful little man :(

It's no consolation at all but I've been feeling like you all week, having lost my beautiful Betty on Monday. I cried all day pretty much on Monday and have cried every day since but a bit less each day. She, and Rosie, who I lost in December keep popping into my mind at the oddest times. Worrying about my remaining two singles and getting them bonded has kind of taken over a bit now but I still feel so shocked Betty has gone. Hugs from me to you and your daughter.

Thankyou Orangediva, I'm so sorry you are going through this too. Triggers are everywhere aren't they? :cry: thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Back