• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding time! Its not gone well :( porky going vets

Estelle said:
aww poor Porky. I know how you feel, i felt exactly the same when i put Amber in with Hobbes and Phoebe and she lost part of her ear in the fight :(
Maybe he would be better with Lilac and Shadow if they are both girls.
To be honest i think he will just stay single he is a people bun anyway
I cant bare for anything else bad to happen to him or any of the others :(

bluebunny said:
Estelle said:
aww poor Porky. I know how you feel, i felt exactly the same when i put Amber in with Hobbes and Phoebe and she lost part of her ear in the fight :(
Maybe he would be better with Lilac and Shadow if they are both girls.
To be honest i think he will just stay single he is a people bun anyway
I cant bare for anything else bad to happen to him or any of the others :(

I know how you feel! I wasn't going to risk trying the three together again, i hate seeing rabbits fight, they are so vicious towards each other :(

Awwwwwwwwwwwww poor Porky. :( Heres sending him loads of positive vibes and big hugs to you, you sound like you need them.

Su.x

Im a bit worried
Porky hasnt eaten since we came home from the vets :(
He has done lots of pooes but they were a bit squidgy

It's probably stress causing the bad droppings. You did your best, you can't help it if they don't get on! Shame we don't speak their language huh!

Ive just come in from cleaning the piggies out and he is eating now :)
I still feel terrible about what happened :cry:

Marie, I've only just caught up with this! Poor Porky :( He is such a sweet little boy. I hope he is feeling a bit better now. If he has had one of his teeth removed are they going to remove the one opposite it? Otherwise he will need to keep getting it trimmed cause it won't wear down!

Are you happy to keep him as a single bun, as I know you really wanted to bond him into one of your pairs. If not I will be more than happy to take him back once he has recovered :)

Lind80 said:
Marie, I've only just caught up with this! Poor Porky :( He is such a sweet little boy. I hope he is feeling a bit better now. If he has had one of his teeth removed are they going to remove the one opposite it? Otherwise he will need to keep getting it trimmed cause it won't wear down!

Are you happy to keep him as a single bun, as I know you really wanted to bond him into one of your pairs. If not I will be more than happy to take him back once he has recovered :)
Hiya his tooth was knocked loose the vet only touched it and it came out she said it should grow back fairly quickly,but she said it may have the have the bottom one burred down before it grows back if it gets too long
Im defo keeping him :)
He seems happy on his own to be honest especially as he is indoors
I bet you wished you never let me have him now :(

Awwww poor Porky, glad he's ok now. I had loads of trouble bonding Bea and Maisie, so know how you feel. I have Holly on her own, I should bond her with someone, but she loves me and I kind of selfishly love the attenetion :oops:

awwww marie dont be daft you couldn't have possibly predicted what was going to happen :)

i felt terrible when i just saw this i thought oyu had done what i said and put him in with lilac and shadow and i thought omg its my fault for suggesting it.

hope lil porky gets eating soon im sure he will hun, take care give him nose rubs from me :thumb:

bluebunny said:
Hiya his tooth was knocked loose the vet only touched it and it came out she said it should grow back fairly quickly,but she said it may have the have the bottom one burred down before it grows back if it gets too long

Don't be silly, I am glad he has a home where he will be loved ad well looked after! Accidents happen. If you are happy to keep him as a single bun,thats fine,I think he will love all the individual attention he will get :lol: I think he will be a bit of a mummys boy :) I just didn't want you to feel you had to keep him, if you didn't want him single!

Give him a nose rub from me :D

Lind80 said:
bluebunny said:

Don't be silly, I am glad he has a home where he will be loved ad well looked after! Accidents happen. If you are happy to keep him as a single bun,thats fine,I think he will love all the individual attention he will get :lol: I think he will be a bit of a mummys boy :) I just didn't want you to feel you had to keep him, if you didn't want him single!

Give him a nose rub from me :D
He has just gone outside in the big run,he looks lost bless him!
He is soooo sweet,really nosy too!
He has eaten all his breakfast no problem this morning!

what a nightmare - I'd be a wreck if something like that happened...which is why I have 3 single bunnies :oops:

I think maybe if you let Porky settle in and introduce him more slowly, it could work out fine - you can't rush things with some bunnies - Benny and Maa have been living next door to each other for nearly a year now, and they seem to be fond of each other now (no nipping through the wire any more), whereas he hated other rabbits originally and has attacked Maa in the past (so I'm still too scared to bond them :oops: ) But just having some nearby company, or human company is all a lot of rabbits need I think, so don't worry if he seems happy single - he probably is :)

Also, if you try again in a few months (takes about 3 months for a rabbit to settle into a new home) try introducing him to the most dominant rabbit first, for several short sessions, well away from the other one in the pair, to see how she/he takes to Porky - then try him with the other one in the pair, before trying them somewhere new as a group. (hark at me the expert :roll: :lol: )

Back