• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding-in a 3rd or 4th bunny...?

Update on the bonding of 4.

All going well, less fur is flying, Lavender still nips Lucy on the bum when she goes past, but, today I popped in to see them and Lavender was grooming Lucy!! The first time they have been together. Yay!
I'm going to leave them as they are until they are completely bonded before I reopen the hutch in the shed.
As a reward I bought them a 'lookout hay feeder' from pets at home online. Its great for £15. Left them happily munching hay. Piper of course jumped straight onto it. He likes to be higher up. Its because he's so small bless his little nethie cross socks!
Sarah

ok, so this sounds too ridiculously cute, we definitely need photos!
...I hope you're well otherwise and have had a wee drink to celebrate the bonding success?!
Mx

Thanks Marie, it's nice having virtual bunny friends! Im well thanks, hope you're enjoying your weekend?
I'm really struggling uploading photos! I'm waiting for my 13 yr old daughter to help me lol.
I'm really happy with the outcome with the rabbits. I always wanted a group, in my last house my garden was smaller and bunny proof so they were able to run about freely. We moved in April and the garden is big but too many hedges and impossible to secure.( Felt so guilty!) So I'm creating my 'Rabbitopia' with a shed, plus run from Boyles. That arrives next week hooray!
I expect some setbacks but it's so going in the right direction. I'm just going outside now the rain has stopped to put 2 runs together and put them on the grass for a bit.
Went into pets at home yesterday, they've got a rescue rabbit there, British blue. She's 5, someone dumped her on them. She is SO gorgeous, I was so temped...but I'm not going to push it with another girl in the mix. Let them settle into their 4 for a year or so. So I'm trying to persuade my friends to rescue her. Starting with my hairdresser yesterday, she loves animals and used to have rabbits. She's popping in today to see her in the shop. Fingers crossed.
Anyway, going off thread now, sorry!
Hope you're all well and ill try to get some photos on. Marie, do you have a smart phone, I could text you a photo?
Sarah x

Hey bunny pal...
Oh my gosh, I *so* know what you mean about loving groups of bunnies, there's just something too lovely about watching them trundle around the house/garden as a little pack.
It really does sound like a lovely set-up you're creating; I know too well how may hours go in to it - I built an aviary style run which has their hutch and hideaway inside, but I'm thinking of getting some more panels to extend the run area so that they have a bit more room when I'm not home to have them totally out and about.
...I've just been out in the rain measuring up, I'm quite envious that yours is arriving ready-to-go!

...I'd have also been very tempted by the rescue - I have to periodically ban myself from my local Pets@Home as I find it too heartbreaking and I know I can't magically rehome them all - fingers crossed one of your friends takes the little Blue. Seriously though, who the heck dumps a bunny after 5 years? They're mega hard work, yes, but their faces are too adorable to ever stop loving. Even when they chew the wallpaper off the walls in the lounge (yep, mine do!).

Ha ha, yes, I do have a smartphone -- you can email or text me some pics [I think we cam easily exchange details via private message?] and I'll upload them if you can't convince your daughter to help! ;-)

All the best for next week's run delivery and the fluffies continuing to get on so well,
Mx

Photo attempt!

IMG_0405_zps1jhmtk2w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

...with any luck, this should be a photo of Sarah's newly bonded quad, living in the first part of their 'Rabbitopia' set up!

Hi, thanks to Marie (Squishies) for uploading my photo! I just couldn't seem to do it. Thanks to you all too for your help during the bonding process, I literally would have given up if I didn't have the online support. All 4 living happily now, I've still kept the inside hutch closed for now, ill give them a few months I think before I add that back into the mix. Run arrives Friday and will be bolted on to the outside with the cat flap so they have 24 hour access.
Next decision is whether the quad will accept a 5th... OH not keen though...
ill try to post a photo onto the housing thread when it's all done.
Sarah x

Hi, thanks to Marie (Squishies) for uploading my photo! I just couldn't seem to do it. Thanks to you all too for your help during the bonding process, I literally would have given up if I didn't have the online support. All 4 living happily now, I've still kept the inside hutch closed for now, ill give them a few months I think before I add that back into the mix. Run arrives Friday and will be bolted on to the outside with the cat flap so they have 24 hour access.
Next decision is whether the quad will accept a 5th... OH not keen though...
ill try to post a photo onto the housing thread when it's all done.
Sarah x

It's great news :love: personally, when I had my quad all living happily together, although I would often see rescue rabbits that really pulled at my heart strings, I decided to count myself lucky that I had managed to bond the 4, and left it at that. It would have been all too easy to have broken what I'd achieved in my opinion.

You're quite right Zoobec, it's just me getting carried away saving bunnies. I am happy with my quad and really don't need to be risking the bond with another one ��.
I need to stop looking on preloved as it's hard to see some of states the buns are in. ��

Back