• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding has begun. Six rabbits. Pics page 2 post 19 - update; now a quad. More pics!

Was woken at midnight by Frosty chasing Snowflake. Put the light on and watched. He hustled Daisy a bit too. Tessie went and lay next to a very alert Frosty. Snowflake sat frozen in a litter tray with his ears forward. I have now given them hay and pellets and they are all eating. Not impressed.

I too wouldn't worry unduly, I think bonds seem to go through stages and sometimes the buns might be trying to claim topbun spot which shakes things up a bit :roll: I'm surprised mine could eat any more after the amount of hay/rosemary/dandelions etc they had for distraction purposes the first couple of days :lol:

I too wouldn't worry unduly, I think bonds seem to go through stages and sometimes the buns might be trying to claim topbun spot which shakes things up a bit :roll: I'm surprised mine could eat any more after the amount of hay/rosemary/dandelions etc they had for distraction purposes the first couple of days :lol:

Oh, they'll always have room for more! :lol: :lol:

Thank you both. I guess I just worry that when I am not there to stop them by putting on the light and feeding them it could escalate into something far more serious??

All fine today though.

Daisy has groomed Frosty (Frosty hasnt been rabbit groomed before).
Tessie and Snowflake spend a lot of time next to each other x

Last edited:
Snowflake has been digging, playing with the smallest litter tray (trying to throw it) and generally being active. All without any interference from Frosty. He just went and lay next to Frosty and put his head down for a groom, which he is getting :love:

Tessie and Daisy are cuddled together.

Snowflake has been digging, playing with the smallest litter tray (trying to throw it) and generally being active. All without any interference from Frosty. He just went and lay next to Frosty and put his head down for a groom, which he is getting :love:

Awww good work :thumb::love:

That is fantastic! :love: I found mine settled down a lot when Xena stopped attacking Shadowfax when she was being active. When she started to leave Shadowfax alone to do her own thing, Shadowfax started approaching Xena and then the grooming and flopping next to each other started. :love:

Good. Frosty groomed Daisy today. Tessie and Snowflake hang out a lot. Snowflake tried to nip Daisy away from Tessie then put his head down for a groom. Tessie squeezed passed him and groomed Daisy!!!

Got to get some boards for the shed then will insulate it and ... move them in. Still in this same amount of puppy panels with the same litter trays though.

Oooooer Frosty is chasing Snowflake. Snowflake has his head down. Frosy chased him again. Snowfake big time chased Daisy. All hell broke loose. All racing around. Tails up. Frosty and Snowflake fought. All stopped now OMG whatever set them off??? They have been fine all day (cleaned out their trays and gave them new willow). F chasing Sn again ... :shock:

Good. Frosty groomed Daisy today. Tessie and Snowflake hang out a lot. Snowflake tried to nip Daisy away from Tessie then put his head down for a groom. Tessie squeezed passed him and groomed Daisy!!!

Got to get some boards for the shed then will insulate it and ... move them in. Still in this same amount of puppy panels with the same litter trays though.

Oooooer Frosty is chasing Snowflake. Snowflake has his head down. Frosy chased him again. Snowfake big time chased Daisy. All hell broke loose. All racing around. Tails up. Frosty and Snowflake fought. All stopped now OMG whatever set them off??? They have been fine all day (cleaned out their trays and gave them new willow). F chasing Sn again ... :shock:

:shock: I'm sure it will calm down! This has happened a couple of time with mine (although none of them fought). Everybunny was chasing everybunny and Fiver did box Xena and Shadowfax. Later hat night they were laid together grooming. :roll:

Anything could have set them off. Hope thing settle down again. :thumb:

Thank you. Things did settle down and when I put 'fought' there was no fur pulling and Snowflake didnt thump and moan like he used to (when they were falling out as a couple). I am rather protective of Snowfers (he is such a softy).

Going to work on the shed today.

Its good to hear that your bunch went through this kind of group chasing too!

I think there will always be a few incidents of chasing and fallings out. I think this increases the most bunnies you have. Fiver and Xena would have a few tiffs, it just seems so much worse when more rabbits are involved, it just looks like chaos. :lol:

Glad thing settled down. Snowflake certainly looks like a softy. :love:

I think there will always be a few incidents of chasing and fallings out. I think this increases the most bunnies you have. Fiver and Xena would have a few tiffs, it just seems so much worse when more rabbits are involved, it just looks like chaos. :lol:

Glad thing settled down. Snowflake certainly looks like a softy. :love:

Snowflake is the reason I got the rabbits in the first place (feints with cuteness).

Its a bit blurred but here he is in comparison to my liverpool slippers (son grown out of them).

I guess the more rabbits you have the more chances they have of falling out. A group just feels so great. Feel a bit soz for Mottle and Peaches - they were very clear that it was not for them though!

Last edited:
Snowflake is the reason I got the rabbits in the first place (feints with cuteness).

Its a bit blurred but here he is in comparison to my liverpool slippers (son grown out of them).

I gues the more rabbits you have the more chances they have of falling out. A group just feels so great. Feel a bit soz for Mottle and Peaches - they were very clear that it was not for them though!

Oh my gosh!!!!!! How cute!!!!!! I want, I want, I want, I want! He's just zoomed straight to the top of my bunny napping wishlist :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Oh my gosh!!!!!! How cute!!!!!! I want, I want, I want, I want! He's just zoomed straight to the top of my bunny napping wishlist :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

:lol::lol:

He really is one of the sweetest rabbits ever. Doesnt like nose rubs or anything but just looks so beautiful that he makes my heart melt every time I see him.

So fluffy! :love: :love:

Don't feel sorry for Mottle and Peaches, you gave it a go, and they clearly hated it. They are obviously much better suited as a pair. :) Can we have some piccies of them? :D

OMG!!! Just seen and read through this thread! You are doing SO amazing Tulsi!!!!

Are Mottles and Peaches all bonded now? Amazing that they have each other if they were too stressed out with the other four, so don't worry about that 😊

They are all sooooo cute! Makes my two Frenchies look like big monsters.haha. They had a huge fight yesterday - first in the whole time they have been bonded 😥so I'm back to square one 😥

PS - ❤ little Harvest!!!

xxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OMG!!! Just seen and read through this thread! You are doing SO amazing Tulsi!!!!

Are Mottles and Peaches all bonded now? Amazing that they have each other if they were too stressed out with the other four, so don't worry about that 

They are all sooooo cute! Makes my two Frenchies look like big monsters.haha. They had a huge fight yesterday - first in the whole time they have been bonded so I'm back to square one 

PS - ❤ little Harvest!!!

xxxxxxx

Hello. Mottle and Peaches were already a couple and so I just took them back to their hutch. They only fought a tiny bit in the small temporary cage due to stress from being with all the others. They are a very devoted couple.

Aww, thank you. Harvest is like a mini teddy bear. I sooo love her!

I just read your thread re bonding. Honestly I would go for daily dating for at least a couple of hours at a time. Could you divide the conservatory for night time and let them have an open cage and half the space each?

My lot have been in my room for a week now and still have the odd chase. I will be moving them out soon but only to the same set up (ie puppy pen and litter trays within the shed) increasing SLOWLY as it wont be nearly so easy to watch them (obviously).

Best of luck with your two lovelies. Its soooo worth it to have them all loved up isnt it?

Last edited:
Aaaah I ❤ the thought of them being devoted 🐰🐰!!! 😊 Your set up sounds wonderful!!!!

Yes, it is so worth it!! Defo! I loved it so much when Belle and Bailey were snuggling and grooming downstairs as well as following me about of course!haha.

Yes, that's an idea. Their cages are next to each other down the one side of the room. Not sure what I could use as a divider though-the room is pretty big. I'll have a think on that one. If I can they will just have to stay cooped up 😥 so horrid.

xxxx

Back