• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding has begun. Six rabbits. Pics page 2 post 19 - update; now a quad. More pics!

Aww you poor thing. How awful to see the children all upset as well.

I do so hope finds a lovely kind sweet lady friend. He really is just so :love:

I remember when he was first up for rehoming. I wanted him then. Ah well.

Quad all settled (long may it last). Frosty did just hop over to Snowflake (who was a little bit away from the other three), rummaged between his legs and nipped. Snowflake leapt up and hopped away (over to the girls). Then ... he started munching hay. They are all together now.

Goodnight RU. Hope I dont get woken by chasing bunnies tonight :roll:

Last edited:
Quad all settled (long may it last). Frosty did just hop over to Snowflake (who was a little bit away from the other three), rummage between his legs and nip. Snowflake leapt up and hopped away (over to the girls). Then ... he started munching hay. They are all together now.

Goodnight RU. Hope I dont get woken by chasing bunnies tonight :roll:

:lol: Shadowfax has taken to nipping Fiver and Xena under the legs to get them to move. She then wonders why gets chased off. :lol:

I am so glad they are doing so well! :love: They look like a gorgeous quad.

:lol: Shadowfax has taken to nipping Fiver and Xena under the legs to get them to move. She then wonders why gets chased off. :lol:

I am so glad they are doing so well! :love: They look like a gorgeous quad.

Naughty Shadowfax!!!.

Awww. Thank you. They are gorgeous arent they? I will really miss their beautiful presence in my room when (when) they go. Just need to find a way of getting a run around pipe out of my bedroom window and down the (very long narrow) garden to their shed and they could come and go as they pleased :)

A quiet night!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee. Bit of chasing from da boss (mr F) mostly to Snowflake but they have all eaten together and are now seriously board and have been shredding cardboard and newspaper. Will chop them a load of apple branches today.

Want to keep them here for another week at least - not just cos the shed isnt ready :lol:

I want them to be properly settled as a group and not to feel any concern re Snowflake being picked on.

Its is just wonderful having them here. :love:

Last edited:
Just seen this as I haven't been on properly in a while. You've down really well to get them all happy and settled (mostly) to my inexperienced eye. Love seeing pictures of snuggly bunnies :love:

A quiet night!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee. Bit of chasing from da boss (mr F) mostly to Snowflake but they have all eaten together and are now seriously board and have been shredding cardboard and newspaper. Will chop them a load of apple branches today.

Want to keep them here for another week at least - not just cos the shed isnt ready :lol:

I want them to be properly settled as a group and not to feel any concern re Snowflake being picked on.

Its is just wonderful having them here. :love:

:thumb: Excellent! I would definitely keep them in their bonding pen for as long as possible! That was my mistake. :roll: I think the runarund pipe to your bedroom would be a good idea. ;) Somehow, I don't think it'd be practical, though. :lol:

I used willow sticks to help keep my three occupied...unfortunately they don't last long. :roll: Hopefully they aren't going to be as bloody annoying as Fiver and Xena when they decided to get fed up of their bonding pen. :lol:

Just seen this as I haven't been on properly in a while. You've down really well to get them all happy and settled (mostly) to my inexperienced eye. Love seeing pictures of snuggly bunnies :love:

Thanks. They are certainly settled most of the time. Thank God. I have been an observer really. Only had to intervene a bit at the start (including taking Mottle and Peaches out) but they have just gradually settled together. Its been amazing to watch. Snuggly bunnies are tops :love:

:thumb: Excellent! I would definitely keep them in their bonding pen for as long as possible! That was my mistake. :roll: I think the runarund pipe to your bedroom would be a good idea. ;) Somehow, I don't think it'd be practical, though. :lol:

I used willow sticks to help keep my three occupied...unfortunately they don't last long. :roll: Hopefully they aren't going to be as bloody annoying as Fiver and Xena when they decided to get fed up of their bonding pen. :lol:

I intend keeping them in here for ever - oops I mean a few more weeks (!). They are really settled today. Didnt feel any worry about leaving them when I went out today. The pellet filled egg boxes were great last night. Put their brekky veg in various little boxes today which make life a bit more interesting for them.

Wish the runaround pipe could be done... just dont know how I would get them out of it if I needed to as the long bit would be over a flimsy roof (that wont take human weight) ah well!

Settled rabbits that dont even fall out when food is offered.

Settled rabbits that dont always nip each other out of the way when they get excited.

Settled rabbits who look beautiful in my room :love:

I've got a BRILLIANT idea. Keep them in your room, and get anothe 4 bunnies to go in the shed! See? Awesome idea!;):lol:

Haha. Yes. A belgian hare, Bruce the tricoloured rex, Arlo the agouti (may have some hare in there) and a tan. Easy. :lol:

Hang on in there - it sounds promising. It will be lovely to have a quad in your large enclosure (which sounds very much on a par with the enclosure my new trio has gone into). I was brave and let them out to free range for half an hour tonight. All absolutely fine. I may even be brave enough to cancel the second pen I have booked for next years holiday boarding.

From you description, it sounds like your quad will soon all find their own place in the group and settle down into a happy bunch of bunnies :D. There's bound to be a few minor niggles whilst they find their pecking order but as long as there's no fighting, it's all good :thumb:. Very best of luck and remember the lack of sleep will be over very soon :lol:.

Hi. Only just seen this :oops::shock::oops: Must be the lack of sleep lately. Oooo a trio in a huge space. Lovely. Glad the free ranging was harmonious. Going to keep these four here a bit longer just to be certain.

Do your guinea pigs come in for the winter?

Was woken at midnight by Frosty chasing Snowflake. Put the light on and watched. He hustled Daisy a bit too. Tessie went and lay next to a very alert Frosty. Snowflake sat frozen in a litter tray with his ears forward. I have now given them hay and pellets and they are all eating. Not impressed.

Was woken at midnight by Frosty chasing Snowflake. Put the light on and watched. He hustled Daisy a bit too. Tessie went and lay next to a very alert Frosty. Snowflake sat frozen in a litter tray with his ears forward. I have now given them hay and pellets and they are all eating. Not impressed.

Don't worry too much. I've just had to tell both Fiver and Xena off for chasing and nipping Shadowfax (Fiver even got a mouthful of fur!!!)...have NO idea what the hell set it off, but I gave them hay and things seemed to calm down. Only a second before Shadowfax was grooming Fiver! I'd love to know what is going through their little minds. :roll:
Wondering if things are a little unsettled because Xena is off. :( I gave in and gave her some metacam tonight because she has done nothing but sit away from the other two, looking miserable. Hoping the metacam has kicked in and that's why things seem better.

Hay is wonderful stuff, though, isn't it? :lol:

Back