• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding! All ok hopefully

Could you put something across it to section part of it off to make it smaller? You should find that making the area smaller (but bigger than a pet carrier) should really help the bonding along. Even if you chop it off diagonally and just use a corner it should help.

Personally I'd be reluctant to move them to another location; going to a boarders would be a change in environment which can make them fight early in a bond, and if there is the smell of other bunnies there that could also make them fight. The boarder in effect would need to be keeping an eye on them 24/7 for the first couple of days - depending on where they would be housed, is that going to be possible and are they going to be experienced enough and happy to accept responsibility for boarding a new bond?

Lots of junk laying around will see what I can do :roll:. Both bunnies now back in run after being in carrier for hours......black bunny has bravely approached Spudsey a few times, twice for sniff and on one occasion he chickened out and ran past instead.... bless him

Lets hope that this bond goes well and I can move them ok into Spudseys hutch.....I have got his hutch too would that be any easier???? There is no way I could have them in my bedroom for a week!

Thanks :) I'm just so glad my other half has been helping me with it, if I was on my own yesterday there was no way I would have been able to put them together, I really felt sick! :oops:

as time goes on, you will feel more confident, i have recently bonded my male female pair with a lone male, they now live very happily together, so i am chuffed, and love watching them playing,snuggling up and grooming eachother, 3 bunny bums layed out in a row sleeping together makes me smile every day

as time goes on, you will feel more confident, i have recently bonded my male female pair with a lone male, they now live very happily together, so i am chuffed, and love watching them playing,snuggling up and grooming eachother, 3 bunny bums layed out in a row sleeping together makes me smile every day

Wow well done!!! If Spudsey was a 'normal' bun I don't think I would be quite so worried :roll: I've had her for three years now but she's still got that 'wildness' in her :)

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We now have nose rubbing, Spudsey grooming black bunny, black bunny nuzzling spudsey and both rabbits grooming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news. I think when there is lots of grooming going on, you are getting a good bond. I spent ages in the garden with our re-bonded two today and it's so lovely to see them snuggling again and grooming each other.

It certainly is, my partner was unsure about us getting her a new friend as she seemed ok, but its much nicer to see them in a pair :)

I have a question.

Why do people say no to a water sprayer but yes to hoover/car rides? Don't these have the same effect?

I prefer to spray the naughty bun with water than end up with them hurting eachother. It certainlky doesnt confuse or stress them out at all, that rubbish in my opinion, i know my buns and i would never do anything to hurt them. Car rides stress them out but we all do that to make them huddle together. Everyone will have different opinions, but ive found it always works and a spray of water has never harmed my buns! :)

Last edited:
We don't seem to be progressing very far.......apart from the lick on the nose the other day there is just the occasionally nose rub but more often than not Spudsey still gets grumpy with him and chases him off though he is still a bit braver and has gone up to her a few times. Spudsey seems to spend all her time in one corner and him in the other, thankfully black bunny does seem more relaxed now grooming etc so hes obviously not bothered by her but love doesn't seem to have developed yet.....

I'm not really sure what to do now as they are both in a temporary make shift run in my bedroom, Spudsey seems a bit irratated by being in there (she is a hand reared wild bun for those that don't know) and is continually looking for ways to get out (and boy can she jump :shock:), plus the smell of everything the bunnies themselves and hay has really irratated my nose and has made my asthma a lot worse making me use my inhaler a hell of a lot more.....

I really could do with moving them to another area and was thinking perhaps I could move them outside in his old run on a bit of patio neither has been on before.....I know you shouldn't move buns into each others terriotry but I don't seem to have any other choices available to me - I live in a small house with a tiny garden!

Any help would be much appreciated, its meant to be lovely weather for the rest of the week so maybe being outside in the sun might make them frisky :lol:

At the moment its very quiet in the run.....both bunnies are opposite ends but completed chilled out and relaxed.

Update! Both bunnies were sitting next to each other, and both participated in a lovely nose rub :D Spudsey now laying down with black bunny (better start thinking of a name!) sat next to her.

I've just spoken to the rescue centre where I got black bunny from...she thinks its absolutely fine to put them in black bunnys run for a few days until spudseys old hutch/run has had its makeover. Just cleaned the run out with hot water and vinegar and have cleaned down the patio too. Hope to move them in there later this afternoon :).

Back