• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding 8 rabbits diary

the newly bonded quad is as close as ever, they look like they have always been together. I am going to try to bond the two quad together on friday. that way i will have a full week to bond and it wont matter about lack of sleep because the kids are off school. I am really really nervous about this bond. willow and cosmo are very aggressive to each other and i dont know how im going to stop 8 rabbits fighting if they all start. any ideas please.

No ideas I'm afraid, but sending lots of vibes. You are certainly very brave, but how worth it it will be to have 8 bonded rabbits :love:

it will be amazing if it works, to have all 8 buns out all the time together, no taking turns and no feeling sorry for the ones waiting for their turn chewing at the bars. thats the only thing thats making me so brave. im going to be shaking like a leaf all the way through it lol.. thanks for the vibes everyone. i will need them tomorrow more than ever i think.

todays the big day. the bonding pen is up and neutralized. im going to put them in with a piece of card between, put some alfalfa in and when they are busy eating remove the card from between them. im so nervous even before i put them in.

I'll have everything crossed for you, metaphorically speaking. You should set up a video of their first meeting - I bet it will be fascinating. i can really appreciate why its so important to you that they could all share the same space, now all you need to do is convince 8 bunnies to understand that its in their interests

1st meeting was horrendous. fighting and locking on. had to separate loads of times. still fighting very 10 mins if cosmo goes near willow. they are both asleep now. spoke too soon. took 10 mins to finish this message lol..

ive give up, at least for now. i caught a bite off cosmo meant for willow and its cut my finger deep and come up in a big lump. i wouldnt want that happening to any of the buns, it hurt me enough. its like they both want to kill each other. im thinking for the bond to work cosmo or willow would have to bow down to the other and accept them as boss. which at the moment none of them are ready to do that. in the wild they would probably fight it out but i cant let them do that so two quads it is for the time being at least.

Ouch. Makes total sense, I'd worry about injury too. At least you tried. Are Willow & Cosmo girls?

ive give up, at least for now. i caught a bite off cosmo meant for willow and its cut my finger deep and come up in a big lump. i wouldnt want that happening to any of the buns, it hurt me enough. its like they both want to kill each other. im thinking for the bond to work cosmo or willow would have to bow down to the other and accept them as boss. which at the moment none of them are ready to do that. in the wild they would probably fight it out but i cant let them do that so two quads it is for the time being at least.

So sorry it's not working out as easy as you'd hoped. :( Is your tetanus jab up to to date? When I split up a rabbit fight in the past I had to get to the doctors straight away to get my tetanus injection as it wasn't up to date. With you being bitten quite hard, wouldn't want anything to happen!

cosmo and willow are both boys. willow is the dad to the 6 babies, cosmo being one of them. funnily enough that was my first thought mischief i checked and im up to date with my jabs lol.. cosmo hasnt long ago been neutered so his hormones might still be lurking too. i will wait and try again. im a little sad that i wont see all 8 binkying together but as least they are happy as they are, and thats whats important, them being happy and safe xx thankyou everyone for the well wishes there are some amazing people on here and i love being part of it xx

I think you're doing really well but maybe 2 happy quads is best. My groups consisted of girls with 1 male. But of course you have quite a few boys.

ive got 4 boys and 4 girls and its the boss of each quad thats at each other. im going to panel the full garden into two halfs today and try them with half each at the same time. it just means one group gets access to the house and the other gets access to the bun house shed. that way the can get used to each other and im not going to try again until they are ignoring each other through the fence.

I love your persistence. I don't know if the time of year makes a difference, it did cross my mind when I began trio bonding in May. Let us know how they get on with the garden set up

Back