• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonder disaster

Aww bless you. I just couldn’t believe it, I thought it would be months before any grooming started because they are an odd couple. I find I do get paranoid still though, like today they spent a lot of time away from each other today so I panicked a bit that they were going off each other. But they seem fine now.

Ahhh that’s so exciting! You will definitely have to post pics of your bunny room when it’s done! :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I am due home on Sunday so I am yet to witness them all living together and I am yet to disinfect their house prior to them coming home. What did you do before you put them in the territory of one of them? Did you disinfect it?

Well I am due home on Sunday so I am yet to witness them all living together and I am yet to disinfect their house prior to them coming home. What did you do before you put them in the territory of one of them? Did you disinfect it?

So because the house they were going to is wooden with a lino floor, I ripped up the lino and sprayed first with detol and gave it a good scrub and wiped it to get any gook out. I did that then left it a few days to air before repeating. I then moved onto a pet safe spray which will neutralise the scent odour, same process.

Then the days before they came home I used a 60/40% white vinegar and water solution, with the same process again; scrub, wipe out, dry, leave a few days to dry. Then put in the new lino floor. But if your time is limited I would say just do this last step with the vinegar. So sweep out and pick out all remaining fluff, poop, hay etc, then spray a good amount, scrub and wipe clean then leave for at least a day to dry and the smell to go.

For the room I wiped and mopped the kitchen with things I normally use and the living room carpet we steam cleaned (preemptive because it was a borrow from my friend). X

So we just did this. They now have a pretty big area, I have no more carpet pieces or any rugs so i have used a big blanket and fleece blanket.

Truffle was a bit grumpy at first as there is only a narrow corridor of carpet to lead out to the new area, and he HAD to be first! But other than that they are fine so far :-D
Looking forward to getting my kitchen back haha! X
50688496d5db2da03b6890347bd91acf.jpg

3f39ea8d0b0a4f62911af64e42e4c6df.jpg

8fac5d23eb5fd3c006802058ef77d849.jpg

So we just did this. They now have a pretty big area, I have no more carpet pieces or any rugs so i have used a big blanket and fleece blanket.

Truffle was a bit grumpy at first as there is only a narrow corridor of carpet to lead out to the new area, and he HAD to be first! But other than that they are fine so far :-D
Looking forward to getting my kitchen back haha! X
50688496d5db2da03b6890347bd91acf.jpg

3f39ea8d0b0a4f62911af64e42e4c6df.jpg

8fac5d23eb5fd3c006802058ef77d849.jpg

would you look at you with your "horrible" & "unbondable" rabbits :love:

bunnymummy1 - fab news about your bond too

would you look at you with your "horrible" & "unbondable" rabbits :love:

bunnymummy1 - fab news about your bond too

Haha!! I know right!
What a “not nice” bunny Truffle is. Still makes us a gray thinking about what she said :-( how can you say a bunny that kisses you on the lips of you make kissy noises at him, not nice?!

So proud of my boys <3

I'm really very sorry that you've had to go through this long process, but I have to say that it's been a lesson for a lot of us. So many would have given up at a much earlier stage, especially when a "so-called experienced bonder" decrees that one of your rabbits is "not nice" and that he would "never bond with another rabbit".

In my view it's a thread for each of us to keep in mind when attempting to bond rabbits :love:

Brilliant, you’ve done a great job with them :D they’ll be delighted to have all that space too!

I'm really very sorry that you've had to go through this long process, but I have to say that it's been a lesson for a lot of us. So many would have given up at a much earlier stage, especially when a "so-called experienced bonder" decrees that one of your rabbits is "not nice" and that he would "never bond with another rabbit".

In my view it's a thread for each of us to keep in mind when attempting to bond rabbits :love:

Aww thank you, that’s really nice of you to say :)

I will admit in the middle I did wonder if I was just being crazy and there were many tears! But I’m so glad I went with my gut, and I knew that first “bonder” was wrong because of the state my poor Truffle came home in and she’s an RVN!!

I hope your right and we have inspired people to not give up if you know deep down your right, there’s no rule to say how many different bonders or methods you try just as long as you take your time and it’s not too much for the bunnies.
Plus none of this would have been possible without this forum, you have all been here for me when I had no one else and got us through it <3

Brilliant, you’ve done a great job with them :D they’ll be delighted to have all that space too!

Ahh thank you :-D

Yes hopefully, although they are still not sure about going over there into the new space, they are still creeping and slowly exploring. I bought a rug someone was selling today and it’s worked out perfectly!

70c27d264738fb201953ad25ff94d064.jpg

bbdb9ee721404fa6ac5d70b304917528.jpg

So because the house they were going to is wooden with a lino floor, I ripped up the lino and sprayed first with detol and gave it a good scrub and wiped it to get any gook out. I did that then left it a few days to air before repeating. I then moved onto a pet safe spray which will neutralise the scent odour, same process.

Then the days before they came home I used a 60/40% white vinegar and water solution, with the same process again; scrub, wipe out, dry, leave a few days to dry. Then put in the new lino floor. But if your time is limited I would say just do this last step with the vinegar. So sweep out and pick out all remaining fluff, poop, hay etc, then spray a good amount, scrub and wipe clean then leave for at least a day to dry and the smell to go.

For the room I wiped and mopped the kitchen with things I normally use and the living room carpet we steam cleaned (preemptive because it was a borrow from my friend). X

Great so currently doing finishing touches and removing anything they had seperately. Going to pick them up in an hour!! I’m nervous!!

Thanks joey&boo I can’t wait to see the final results with them cleaning!! All the hard works paying off I hope !!

Great so currently doing finishing touches and removing anything they had seperately. Going to pick them up in an hour!! I’m nervous!!

Thanks joey&boo I can’t wait to see the final results with them cleaning!! All the hard works paying off I hope !!

Oh how exciting!
You will do great, just make sure you have everything you need around you ready before you put them in their house; oven gloves, water spray etc, just in case they scrap at first.

Trust me I know it’s easier said than done, but just try and stay calm. You got this!
And if they do go backwards a bit, that’s ok too.

Good luck! :-D

Oh how exciting!
You will do great, just make sure you have everything you need around you ready before you put them in their house; oven gloves, water spray etc, just in case they scrap at first.

Trust me I know it’s easier said than done, but just try and stay calm. You got this!
And if they do go backwards a bit, that’s ok too.

Good luck! :-D

Thankyou so much for the advice. we are on our drive home now with them all in one box. Been in the car about 20 mins. All good so far!!

Okay been in their house about 30 mins. Oreo is exploring as he’s never been in there. Bailey hopped upstairs to eat hay and the boys have been sat side by side cleaning them selves (not each other) and eating. So far so good. Not sure Oreo knows how to get up and down the stairs of their duplex as he’s never been up so may have to give him a helping hand. So far so good!! Don’t want to get too excited just yet. I’m in work tomorrow though so want to make sure they are happy and settled as I’m nervous about leaving them

Okay been in their house about 30 mins. Oreo is exploring as he’s never been in there. Bailey hopped upstairs to eat hay and the boys have been sat side by side cleaning them selves (not each other) and eating. So far so good. Not sure Oreo knows how to get up and down the stairs of their duplex as he’s never been up so may have to give him a helping hand. So far so good!! Don’t want to get too excited just yet. I’m in work tomorrow though so want to make sure they are happy and settled as I’m nervous about leaving them

Sounds promising. I hope it continues to go well

Oh yay! This sounds great so far! You must be so pleased.

Yep, Luther had the same thing but with a ramp. He had never had one before, but he soon copied Truffle.

I hope they continue to do well for you :-D

Oh yay! This sounds great so far! You must be so pleased.

Yep, Luther had the same thing but with a ramp. He had never had one before, but he soon copied Truffle.

I hope they continue to do well for you :-D

Okay so originally bailey escaped upstairs and the boys ignored each other downstairs. Then Milo looked like he was trying to bite Oreo so I panicked and shooed Bailey downstairs to keep the peace. 2 minutes later Milo is licking Oreos head!! So we have removed the stairs so bailey can be around to keep the peace. All seem happier (except bailey who was enjoying her peace and quiet haha)

Back