• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobby my foster bunny

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
Last Tuesday i had to make the awful decision to have my foster bunny Bobby put to sleep :(. The third bun i had seen go to the bridge in 10 days :cry:.

Bobby came to me just over a week before when his previous foster mum was going on holiday. She had been concerned he was quiet and had a lump on his ear. The minute i saw him and felt the lump i knew in my gut it was an abscess :cry:. I got him checked by the vet, and my fears were confirmed :(. Having been through every treatment possible with Flynn (my beloved bridge bunny) i knew it looked grim, but i said to the rescue i would keep Bobby until he became miserable, my intention to add him to my group to cheer him up in his final weeks.

However, a week after diagnosis, and it became very apparent Bobby was in pain a lot of the time despite his metacam and he was depressed. His only pleasure in life metacam and cuddles, but how did the wee soul spend the other 23 hours a day? My heart still breaking from losing Riley and Mojo, i had to let Bobby go :(

Bobby was a REW lop, really gorgeous wee guy, i have loads of photo's on my camera which i will upload later :love:

He now rests in the flower bed beside Riley and Mojo.

Bobby, you came to me as a foster, but as i told you in the car before we went into the vet, you left as one of my own, you had a "real mum" and you were very much loved :love:

I'm so sorry. :( I saw his photo on the rescue's website, gorgeous boy but he did look a bit poorly.

So glad he came to you and new special love and care. :love:

I'm really sorry you had to say goodbye to another bun :cry: I am glad Bobby got to spend the time he had left with you, he was very lucky to have had such love and care x

Back