• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Binky's Stasis- update page 12 (May 2017)

0583A42D-3DA8-4DD6-A926-3CE6FC45E1A1_zpsuzjhr85j.jpg

The things you do to try and get your rabbit to eat!!![/QUOTE

LOL

Lol indeed!! And he still chooses to only eat the rubbish muesli food. Ah well coco bun likes all the other food so guess I don't need to buy any rabbit food for a good while....!

Lol indeed!! And he still chooses to only eat the rubbish muesli food. Ah well coco bun likes all the other food so guess I don't need to buy any rabbit food for a good while....!

But he is still eating, which was the aim of the exercise :) I'm sure that between them they will soon get through all of the goodies.

But he is still eating, which was the aim of the exercise :) I'm sure that between them they will soon get through all of the goodies.

Oh absolutely! I'm thrilled. Just wished I'd have had the brain wave to try the muesli before all the others! Ha.

He's continuing to do amazing, lots of poops (albeit on the small side), eating and very perky.

Oh absolutely! I'm thrilled. Just wished I'd have had the brain wave to try the muesli before all the others! Ha.

He's continuing to do amazing, lots of poops (albeit on the small side), eating and very perky.

There's a lot to be said for muesli in the right context :D

What are you trying to do to me!! :lol:

Morning Lavinia - hope all's well :D

Morning. Still pooing. No empty bowl this morning but he ate 35g of muesli and lots of his veg and fresh herbs throughout the day. Just have to keep plodding on I guess. I changed the room around yesterday to give both him and coco more space. Obviously before all this I was in the middle of bonding. Now I don't feel it's a good idea to bond them because of his eating and needing to monitor him. They are enjoying living side by side. Coco has always lived alone which is sad as I wanted to bond her but as things are at the moment his is the best I can do. The normal bunny room is a smaller room so this is why they are staying the spare room as this gives them both lots of room. I'm not sure how long we will have with Boo but this arrangement works for now.

Last edited:
Morning. Still pooing. No empty bowl this morning but he ate 35g of muesli and lots of his veg and fresh herbs throughout the day. Just have to keep plodding on I guess. I changed the room around yesterday to give both him and coco more space. Obviously before all this I was in the middle of bonding. Now I don't feel it's a good idea to bond them because of his eating and needing to monitor him. They are enjoying living side by side. Coco has always lived alone which is sad as I wanted to bond her but as things are at the moment his is the best I can do. The normal bunny room is a smaller room so this is why they are staying the spare room as this gives them both lots of room. I'm not sure how long we will have with Boo but this arrangement works for now.

Taking it day by day and making the most of everything is all we can do, and it sounds like you're doing brilliantly :D

It looks like coco bun will be getting plenty of variety. Coco will be very happy with such nice quality food and a good variety.

Hi everyone,

So an update. Binky is in stasis again, this time he won't eat anything, not even his veg which he demolished last time. Given the state of his teeth last time I'm thinking they are bad again as it's been a good few months since his dental.
I've been syringe feeding him and got him pooing again as these has stopped.
Didn't take him to the emergency vet but ringing my vets at 8.30 when they open to take him today for meds and to see about getting him in to do his teeth.
I would prefer to give him longer and get him eating but I don't want to prolong things. If his teeth are bad then I feel get his teeth better and then spend time recovering him and encouraging him to eat.

I had previously thought that if it happened again I would consider pts as he hates being force fed. But he has an amazing quality of life still given the circumstances, I just recently bonded him with coco- his second wife after Losing Lady last year and they are doing so well. I want to give him another chance as long as he still has some fight, which currently he does! He is so fiesty with us whilst being fed and is still running and moving about in their room.

Will update after the vets x

Hi everyone,

So an update. Binky is in stasis again, this time he won't eat anything, not even his veg which he demolished last time. Given the state of his teeth last time I'm thinking they are bad again as it's been a good few months since his dental.
Didn't take him to the emergency vet but ringing my vets at 8.30 when they open to take him today for meds and to see about getting him in to do his teeth.
I would prefer to give him longer and get him eating but I don't want to prolong things. If his teeth are bad then I feel get his teeth better and then spend time recovering him and encouraging him to eat.

I had previously thought that if it happened again I would consider pts as he hates being force fed. But he has an amazing quality of life still given the circumstances, I just recently bonded him with coco- his second wife after Losing Lady last year and they are doing so well. I want to give him another chance as long as he still has some fight, which currently he does! He is so fiesty with us whilst being fed and is still running and moving about in their room.

I am sorry to hear that Binky is unwell again. I hope the Vet can help him this morning and that he'll soon be feeling much better xx

Thanks everyone. Left him and coco there. Will be having all the usual meds and subcutaneous fluids, then dental and X-ray later this afternoon. Fingers and toes crossed he makes it through.

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that Binky is unwell again - what a worry for you :(

Vibes for you both xx

He's been home a few hours. Teeth were bad again so have been sorted. Got pain meds and ranitidine to start tomorrow as had injections at the vets.
I'm so pleased he made it through. A few days of hard slog now to try and get him back eating. He's my little fighter and so proud of him.

He's been home a few hours. Teeth were bad again so have been sorted. Got pain meds and ranitidine to start tomorrow as had injections at the vets.
I'm so pleased he made it through. A few days of hard slog now to try and get him back eating. He's my little fighter and so proud of him.

Hope he feels better soon, and you get less stressed!

Vibes for you both xx

Back