• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Binky's Stasis- update page 12 (May 2017)

Well overnight he's done plenty of poos. Not eaten any pellets. Eaten most of the veg we have given him.
He's a funny bunny. Won't eat any of the selection of softened pellets I've prepared him, but will eat a hard crunchy rosewood snap and share vegetable bar!!!
5334D527-62B1-4FD7-9DD5-0995A4048682_zpsit8qcxxv.jpg

Well overnight he's done plenty of poos. Not eaten any pellets. Eaten most of the veg we have given him.
He's a funny bunny. Won't eat any of the selection of softened pellets I've prepared him, but will eat a hard crunchy rosewood snap and share vegetable bar!!!

A bun with attitude will go far :D Glad to hear this Lavinia :D

He figures that he may aswell milk this 'let him eat what he wants' treatment for as long as possible !! I hope he continues to recover well xx

A bun with attitude will go far :D Glad to hear this Lavinia :D

:D haha well he's certainly got attitude!

Glad to see that Binky is improving :D

Thank you!

He figures that he may aswell milk this 'let him eat what he wants' treatment for as long as possible !! I hope he continues to recover well xx

I think you are right there. Ordered more yesterday which should be arriving today!! Haha I'm under the paw I think!

So I've realised that my rascal doesn't poo much if at all during the day then does loads in the evening/night time. He ate a few pellets last night and yesterday we syringe fed him at midnight and hen not again until 6:30 so we got a good amount of uninterrupted sleep which was amazing.

I've bought some muesli food which is arriving today to see if he will eat that. My worry is he's not eating enough himself to keep him going and even though it goes against everything I know, muesli is the only food I've not tried him with. And given he enjoys his treats I'm hoping that he will take to muesli more than the harder pellets.

Also wondering if I can start bonding him again soon. Him and coco will lay next to each other and kiss and groom a bit through the bars. I just don't want to stress him. But I'm off this week so would be a good time to give it a go again. Not sure though, I'm so conflicted! My husband jokes that everything is Binky at the moment. I think he's right.

Also wondering if I can start bonding him again soon. Him and coco will lay next to each other and kiss and groom a bit through the bars. I just don't want to stress him. But I'm off this week so would be a good time to give it a go again. Not sure though, I'm so conflicted! My husband jokes that everything is Binky at the moment. I think he's right.

Too often true with rabbits, isn't it? :lol:

Binky resembles my Athena a bit, but she has blue eyes. She's a fighter and it looks like Binky has the same kind of spirit. I hope he continues to improve.

Well this morning I'm pretty happy. The muesli food arrived yesterday and I left a bowl with some in and his beloved guinea pig pellets :)roll:) and this morning the bowl is practically empty!!! Albeit I didn't put much in there! He had 21g I think. Didn't want to over face him!
5F5072FB-B712-4340-AA23-F2C11EB69DB9_zpsgfukiwba.jpg

I've refilled it and the cheeky boy was eating it whilst I was trying to weigh it. (To keep track of if he's eating it)
A07CA48D-48DD-4A34-A88D-B5288276709C_zpsln403vqs.jpg

Hopefully we are over the worst of it for now. We are going to omit the syringe feed this morning now he's eating more and showing an interest in food.

Well this morning I'm pretty happy. The muesli food arrived yesterday and I left a bowl with some in and his beloved guinea pig pellets :)roll:) and this morning the bowl is practically empty!!! Albeit I didn't put much in there! He had 21g I think. Didn't want to over face him!

I've refilled it and the cheeky boy was eating it whilst I was trying to weigh it. (To keep track of if he's eating it)

Hopefully we are over the worst of it for now. We are going to omit the syringe feed this morning now he's eating more and showing an interest in food.

Lovely!

These pics really made me smile :D

What a lucky lad Binky is with all those tasty foods to choose from ! He'll be like a kid in a sweetshop :lol:

Back