• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big Fight!U/D fighting again?

Tried bathroom and office downstairs but not worked xx :cry:

How about a local rescue - could they do the bonding for you? I don't know if Jane at warwick does it as a 'bring em in' service - I think Tracy does (RNGP welfare in rugby) but hers are outdoors, so a bit impractical for house bunnies... but worth a try maybe?

How about a local rescue - could they do the bonding for you? I don't know if Jane at warwick does it as a 'bring em in' service - I think Tracy does (RNGP welfare in rugby) but hers are outdoors, so a bit impractical for house bunnies... but worth a try maybe?

Jane D is a great friend of mine, I have spoken to her on a number of occasions. She or I will not allow them to be in the same room at the minute it is too dangerous im afraid. Thanks for your advice x

Do you have a plan in place?
Maybe they just weren't 'meant to be' :?

Ermmmm Well Yes we do have a plan but going to try it after christmas, :D
Fingers crossed? :D :?
Well it has worked fine for 6 weeks? Nothing has changed in the house or to the buns?They are both fine healthy and fat! :lol: Weeing poohing, drinking etc. No illnesses? So we are really baffled as to what it is? x x

Ermmmm Well Yes we do have a plan but going to try it after christmas, :D
Fingers crossed? :D :?
Well it has worked fine for 6 weeks? Nothing has changed in the house or to the buns?They are both fine healthy and fat! :lol: Weeing poohing, drinking etc. No illnesses? So we are really baffled as to what it is? x x

.... I think i know what it is!!!!!

Tim tim hasn't got Amber a Christmas present yet! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:oops:

Good luck with sorting them out

.... I think i know what it is!!!!!

Tim tim hasn't got Amber a Christmas present yet! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:oops:

Good luck with sorting them out

Hey I tell you what! I will lend him some pocket money so he can sort this out! If thats what it is lol
They are trying to nip through baby gate now! Im ripping my hair out, :roll: :roll:
Thanks for your advice x x x

Aww I hope it's not a permanant problem. I know how I felt after weeks of Maddie and Alfie being fine, then major riot and Maddie ended up with a cut lip.:( . I'm afraid my nerves couldn't brave keeping them together and rightly or wrongly I separated them. I've not been brave enough to try again and Maddie has come indoors with Flynn instead now. Poor old Alfie is back on his own again with a snugglesafe and cuddly toy for hutch company!:roll: I would love for him to have a partner again, I think I may well resort to Janice's apple sauce technique next time!:lol:

Aww I hope it's not a permanant problem. I know how I felt after weeks of Maddie and Alfie being fine, then major riot and Maddie ended up with a cut lip.:( . I'm afraid my nerves couldn't brave keeping them together and rightly or wrongly I separated them. I've not been brave enough to try again and Maddie has come indoors with Flynn instead now. Poor old Alfie is back on his own again with a snugglesafe and cuddly toy for hutch company!:roll: I would love for him to have a partner again, I think I may well resort to Janice's apple sauce technique next time!:lol:

:cry: :cry:
Ive got terrible nerves! I cant cope with it:cry: I just dont know what to do? I cant have to separate buns in the flat, they have to have a bedroom if bonded. Amber is really agressive towards everything as well I was cleaning wee wee up her and she bit me? Then I was stroking her and she grunted really loud? Why oh why did this have to happen? I feel like im a bad mummy now :cry:

xxx

My two were together from birth in April to November, when they had to be separated due to fighting, and now they will not be bonded for toffe.... so as much as I say good luck, I dont hold much hope xxx

i have heard that if a rabbit has an all out fight then they wont re bond. as they assosiciate each other with aggression. i hope this is not true, and that yours get along again...but at same time i feel releived they are seperated after this..but i have never suceeded in bonding so hope someone more expierianced can help x

Thats the most annoying thing is that I have never bonded before and it was all to good to be true! x x

Jane D is a great friend of mine, I have spoken to her on a number of occasions. She or I will not allow them to be in the same room at the minute it is too dangerous im afraid. Thanks for your advice x

jane in warwick has done a lot of bondings i know so she is prob best to advise u. hope that things turn around. glad u have good bunny expert freinds to help. xx

Ive got terrible nerves! I cant cope with it:cry: I just dont know what to do? I cant have to separate buns in the flat, they have to have a bedroom if bonded. Amber is really agressive towards everything as well I was cleaning wee wee up her and she bit me? Then I was stroking her and she grunted really loud? Why oh why did this have to happen? I feel like im a bad mummy now :cry:

xxx

Aww it's not you being a bad bunny mummy, these things can happen, I was racking my brains for weeks after Maddie and Alfie fought; trying to think what may have gone wrong. In hindsight I think it may have been my fault as I may have inadvertantly put the smell of one of my other buns on one of them and it may have been the cause, but, it's all maybe's I will never know for sure. I thought I'd been really careful, new shed, everything neutral, but something happened and I couldn't bring myself to risk one of them getting hurt again. Please don't blame yourself, you've taken such good care of them by looking out for their welfare and had Tim checked out by the vet etc.. That is the actions of a good bunny mummy.:D I hope things improve for you.

i have heard that if a rabbit has an all out fight then they wont re bond. as they assosiciate each other with aggression. i hope this is not true, and that yours get along again...but at same time i feel releived they are seperated after this..but i have never suceeded in bonding so hope someone more expierianced can help x

Its not impossible but it is harder and gets harder everytime they scrap and are split.

I would say its a situation for an experienced bonder to attempt though, not a novice.

xxx

Hi Amy

I know bunnies who have fought (quite badly sometimes) but gone on to have close bonds with each other.

Could you take the bonding slowly ie same room separate pens, meeting for 5 mins then 10 mins etc..
If they are both trying to be dominant they'll have to decide who is going to be top bun.
I've always done bonding slowly I'm too much of a coward to let things flare up.

Has anything changed at the flat, scary xmas decorations, noises, flashing lights, smells etc... that may have put them both on edge?
Millie tends to nip when she is stressed any kind of change seems to stress her she's not been happy with out Christmas tree on singing reindeer recently.
Jack's quite chilled though so she gets away with being the boss.

I hope they make up soon.

((hugs)) bonding is so upsetting and stressful. I'm glad Tim is okay and healing up. Have you checked or taken Amber to the vet to be checked? Sometimes if they have a wound it makes them extra grumpy/agressive.

I've been bonding for 31 days now in the kitchen and yesterday evening let them loose thinking they were finally bonded - until 5am when it all kicked off. I put them back in the kitchen and they're fine again. Peace restored!! Now how do you figure that out!!:shock: So I'm going to leave them in the kitchen and then just increase their space by an extra room one at a time and hope that works.

Back