• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

best rabbit food available?

I always fed excel but changed a couple of months ago to science selective after Reading the general concensus that it is superior. The buns love it, but then again they like anything! Wilm found the hamster mix the other day and was munching on that for ages :roll: :lol:

3 of mine are on Allen & Page with lovely big healthy poos :mrgreen:

Starbuck is still on Burgess Excel but he has excess cecotrophs sometimes, small poos and occasionally sticky bum...am trying to get him on to Allen & Page but he is very good at resisting....

I think it's probably down to what suits the individual rabbit :D

Louie has Wagg, he wouldn't touch SS!

I think it's probably down to what suits the individual rabbit :D

Louie has Wagg, he wouldn't touch SS!

Yeah, I think you're right, Harvey gets on really well with the Burgess, he's never had any problems with any food or veg I've given him.

Zero seems much more sensitive to change, some veg has seemed to give him more caecotrophs than normal, and he often leaves half a bowl of pellets (which is weighed out for his weight).

princess is fine with the burgess too, yes her poops are a bit darker than golden colour, but sounds like she needs a bit more hay (there is golden bits in it)
but its never been runny or anything and the vet says shes the perfect weight, not over or under
so personally I will stick with burgess unless I find she starts having problems

princess is fine with the burgess too, yes her poops are a bit darker than golden colour, but sounds like she needs a bit more hay (there is golden bits in it)
but its never been runny or anything and the vet says shes the perfect weight, not over or under
so personally I will stick with burgess unless I find she starts having problems

yes as the saying goes, don't fix whats not broken, if your bun is happy with burgess then 'd stick with it :) my mini lop is on burgess, its only with rosie being very poorly and finding out she liked the fenugreek which was also in SS that i tried her on SS instead and she ate up, she was a burgess bun with no problems for 8yrs :) just now she's older and got poorly she needed something extra to encourage her to eat :)

Back