• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best and worst things about your rabbit(s)

Poppy, my first bunny has lots of best bits:
She is so small and sweet and cuddly and fun and soooooo well behaved! She is gentle and generous with the grooming and kisses, and she quite clearly loves me back <3 She sits at the babygate when i come home from work and waits for me and she runs upto me and binkies and wants squidges and not food! She also does a very cute loaf (not a very floppy bunny) and snores whilst doing it!
The only downside of Poppy is her choice of husbun :-/

Which brings me onto Francis. He's only been here a few weeks but good lord he runs the joint. He is smelly (boy wee) and messy (hay positively everywhere) and climby (the sofa and rables and chairs) and jumpy and clumsy (knocks over water dishes, trails his ears in things)! He's on everything and in everything all the time. He's taken over my sofa and my table and he throws my things off both of them and rearranges everything for me.
He is clearly a 'proper' bunny (even so he's still a very well behaved one compared to what i hear on the forum sometimes) and i was jot prepared at all for the havoc he would cause to our house.
He also demands noserubs quite rigourously but refuses to let you touch any other part of him or pick him up even for a bum check!
His upside is that he is very cute with his floppy ears and he makes Poppy happy :)

That is too funny! My 11 year old senile dog does that, it's seriously creepy. I can't go to the bathroom if he's there, with his eyes bugging out of his head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha seriously though. I spend ages trying to chase her out of the room and then it's either give in or wet myself.

She just sits there. Staring. The little crank!!

Best things:
- having them around, especially in groups
- being mugged for treats
- not having to mow the lawn

Worst things:
- what lawn?
- vet bills
- hay everywhere
- having to be around at least twice every single day
- having enough safe space for them (wendy house, run) and their stuff (wheely bins for hay, newspapers, etc)
- getting rid of the waste
- constantly worrying about them (more than cats, dogs, guinea pigs, smaller furries)
- 7 years isn't long enough

Best things: SOO much fluffy cuteness, particularly just now in the colder weather. They love to follow us around and keep me entertained when I'm working from home!

Worst things: Trixie is so scared of being handled, bless her. She won't even eat treats while she's being held or sitting on the kitchen bench for a brush, and I feel bad for her, but sometimes it is necessary! Hoovering every day to try and keep the hay under control. Emptying the litter tray, until I worked out I needed to buy bigger bin bags :p

Oh and they have recently learned to open doors by chewing on the edges of them! Such naughty bunnies. Their lovely little faces and watching them grooming each other more than makes up for all of this though :)

Best things: SOO much fluffy cuteness, particularly just now in the colder weather. They love to follow us around and keep me entertained when I'm working from home!

Worst things: Trixie is so scared of being handled, bless her. She won't even eat treats while she's being held or sitting on the kitchen bench for a brush, and I feel bad for her, but sometimes it is necessary! Hoovering every day to try and keep the hay under control. Emptying the litter tray, until I worked out I needed to buy bigger bin bags [emoji14]
I have the same problem with two of mine and I always feel awful handling them but as you said sometimes it's necessary for bum checks and brushing etc. I just wish they knew that we're not going to hurt them bless them.

The thing that really is the worst for us now is the permanant damage left behind by ecu niculi. Lunas balance is shot she slips over more. I found in a pound shop an anti slip mat you put under chopping boards for her to sit and eat from. See pic... luna white one.
595001ce7543128186bba348e3952877.jpg

rm36

Storm is just a bundle of handsome cuteness. He loves being stroked (especially nose rubs) and follows me around my bedroom. I also love how he gets really excited if I sit on the floor or if my dogs are on the floor and he starts charging around the room binkying 😜 The only problem with him being allowed to run around in my room is that he pees on my bed when I let him on there. (hopefully that will stop once he's been neutered though)

I've changed my mind after this morning! The worst thing that Storm does is spray urine in my face! He did it twice this morning within 10 minutes of each other, yucky! I'm just seriously praying that it stops once he's been castrated as it is going literally everywhere 😥😂

I love the way they tooth grind when being stroked, showing how content they are, and they shut their eyes too.

I love the way they come flying across the garden like furry exocet missiles when they hear their names and the treat box being rattled.

I love the way they chew the shed door when they know they've had their half hour in the garden and want back indoors!

I love their binkies in the garden.

I love it when I'm busy in the garden in the nicer months, doing some gardening maybe, and feel little nose bumps like "whatcha doing?" and then they eat the weeds they're allowed to (saves me a trip to the bin!).

Same nose bumps when I'm tidying up the shed litter areas in a morning, any morning of the year.

I don't like Thumper having colic/stasis so often.

I don't like it when they have the occasional spat, although it's never anything major to be honest but it's still not fair on Thumper to be chased by Coco when she's done nothing wrong.

Nessie had got so much energy which means she loves to run around and binky. She's also very curious and energetic.

The bad thing is is that she gets bored quite easily with the same thing in her hutch and run. And she is an escape artist.

Let's do the bad first, it's easier!

The worst thing about both of mine is they're nigh on unhandleable; as in they don't like being restrained or picked up.

The worst thing about Aboleth is she doesn't know what's finger and what's food: it's made me wary of her! I also wish she wouldn't sit in the hayrack but I just need to chickenwire it really :) I also wish she's dry her own bum off more so it didn't get so compressed :roll:

The worst thing about Lopsy... Hmm... That he's a doofus? My little moron-boy likes to jump, especially into the ether! Why he thinks there's a shelf inside his hutch, I don't know, but he tries to jump on this imaginary shelf and I swear one day he'll kill himself. Thankfully it's only when I remove the tray to clean it (it's a mezzanine-type). He also bombs about in the playhouse so tends to fall off things.

The best thing about them is they've been trained to come for food (pellets), although sometimes Lopsy forgets so Aboleth has to go and get him...

The best thing about Aboleth is she's averagely smart for a rabbit: she responds well to food-based stimuli and knows begging works: in the above example of her fetching Lopsy, it's because she knows they only get fed pellets together She's curious and adventurous but doesn't take many risks.

The best thing about Lopsy? That he asks for headrubs maybe, although it's inevitably inconvenient (in the run when it's raining)... He's just generally a bit stupid, even for a rabbit. He blunders about a lot, smooshing his little face into hands to check for food, generally just being cute-but-dim :)

Another worst about Petra... She's just jumped on the table, robbed my cracker and legged it to her cage to eat it. [emoji53] she's a cracker thief.

Sylar - Super loving and loves a good stroke but he also loves throwing a good tantrum which involves trashing his whole room!

Hiro - The sweetest boy in the world... he loves giving his mama kisses and jumps on my bed to 'groom' me BUT he is also really quite skittish and doesn't like being stroked!

Bill - He's my new boy so I'm still getting to know him. He seems very sweet, he loves a stroke and tonight he licked my nose! So far I can't find any bad points, he is perfect and I can't see why anyone would give him up! I'm sure I won't agree with this statement in a few weeks though!

I know that's horrible, but so funny! What a brat lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She's so mean. That was the last cracker of that kind - lucky I love her enough to share food.

This morning she just sat and stared at me eating breakfast. She begs like a dog!

She's so mean. That was the last cracker of that kind - lucky I love her enough to share food.

This morning she just sat and stared at me eating breakfast. She begs like a dog!

Petra: then buy some more hoomin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petra: then buy some more hoomin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] she does give me looks to say that! I gave her a shreddie before and she looked at me as if to say "what the hell is that. Get me some parsley. Now!"

The best things about my buns are their lovely, inquisitive personalities - I find them *so* funny! Poppet will not allow any toys/new toys in her base tray - absolutely forbidden. Cookie will ''make the bed' with any blanket or towel - she can spend hours digging and pulling/pushing. Bella likes to flop out next to me, and Bertie is everybody's friend. ❤️

I don't like... Territorial peeing (Cookie), chewing of door posts (Bella), the chewing of the sofa (Bertie) and chewing of cables (Poppet).

Back