• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Berties Gotcha day

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
It's exactly 1 year (date wise) that Bertie came into our lives (and Flo's). Bertie came to us as Bugsy and he came as a foster bun due to the circumstances after the loss of Alfred. We didn't know how Flo would coop, nor us (especially me). We had to make alot of adjustments to our home and routine and we didn't know how it would all go. Half our garden became Berties home, the other half was Flo's.
Over the next few weeks Flo and Bertie got used to each other and grew very close, even though they were seperated by a large metal fence.
Quite by accident after 4 weeks, Bertie managed to work out how to get through the fence and met Flo for the first time - and it was love at first sight. This presented a few headaches as we did not know how they would behave physically, but they were both ready to move on. Bertie had not been with a female bunny before, Flo had lost several hus-bunsin her short life and she was very accepting of Bertie.
The rest, as they say, is history. Bertie moved out of his batchelor pad in the garden, and became a full resident of our home and quickly found his paws in our house. He adjusted and adapted far better than we could have hoped.
Flo has been a much happier contented rabbit, Bertie has loved having a partner in his life. He loves being in the garden, and he has developed his own routine. In some ways the year has gone quickly, but in other ways it seems to have gone so slowly. We are pleased that Bertie has accepted this as his home, and more pleased that he has become so close to Flo, and she to him. He is still a little unsure of things at times. He's not a great one to explore but he seems to be content with the life he has here with us.
I know you've all followed the stories that I've posted and I know Bertie and Flo are grateful for the support that everyone gives, and for following their posts.
Bertie has had a normal quiet day for his gotcha day and thankfully managed to get some garden time after the monsoon we had yesterday.
Craig xx
This was their first physical meeting
FsEXKeC.jpg
[/IMG]

DzZyOfL.jpg
[/IMG]

He has a sense of humour....
Q5CunSs.jpg
[/IMG]

lKp0fuf.jpg
[/IMG]

R1VNPBR.jpg
[/IMG]

5QKckP4.jpg
[/IMG]

G2EFwi6.jpg
[/IMG]

Happy Gotcha day Bertie Bun, you certainly fell on your paws finding your forever home xx

a really wonderful selection of photos:love: I agree he has a sense of humour

Happy gotcha day Bertie:love:

I absolutely love that last picture [emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

It is clear you have written this from your heart. He is so lucky to have found you, Jan, and Flo.
He is a master of DBF who is clearly attacked to Flo-two headed bunny. It is clear these bunnies were destined to be together.
Well done Bertie. Happy Gotcha Day.

Lucky rabbits. How close they look and as for the upside down picture ... wonderful.

Back