• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Beautiful pair of Harlequin girls (Kirkby Pet Welfare)...almost 4 years in rescue

Poor things :( Isn't it a bit worrying that they're already over 2 years old and unspayed considering the risk of cancer??

Poor things :( Isn't it a bit worrying that they're already over 2 years old and unspayed considering the risk of cancer??

Celia doesn't spay. I know we don't all agree with this, but this isn't something that any of the Kirkby volunteers will ever change.

I get that but have the three rabbits been vet checked etc for cancer?

They are all fit and healthy as far as can be seen, but haven't undergone tests or investigations to rule out whether or not at the age of 2 they already have uterine cancer. I'm sorry, but there is little more that I can say on this matter. This is a situation that, as a volunteer, I am powerless to change. :( My hope is that these girls will find a home as quickly as possible so that they can be spayed in order to free them from any risk of developing uterine cancer.

They are so long overdue finding a loving home. :( It makes me so sad when I see them there week after week. They are a beautiful ready made family, so snuggly and in love with each other. They are related to my three Kirkby girls, who are an absolute joy and have wonderful personalities and they make me smile every time I look at them.

Last edited:
On a positive note, Tracy's three yummy girls, who are related to these, are all fine. I hadn't realized how alike they are to the three now needing a home. Im sure Tracy will be able to tell everyone how worthwhile a trio is
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=235824&highlight=flower+girls

I love my trio of girls....they are adorable and are very much like the trio who are still waiting for a home. I love it when my three are all snuggled up together in a gorgeous bunny heap. :love: Trios are definitely worthwhile. :love:

Are they in a shed Tracy?

They live in a converted playhouse. It has an attached run, but apart from the occasional stroll outside they don't use it that much as they are just too lazy and chilled out. :love:

Bunnery.jpg

These beautiful girls have now been in rescue for almost 3 years. :(

I desperately want to see them go to a loving forever home.....3 years in a rescue is too long. :(

As mentioned before, they are not spayed :( Celia does not have a set adoption fee, but instead asks for a donation, so the fact they have not been spayed could be taken into account when considering how much to donate. They are myxi vaccinated twice a year and were last done a couple of weeks ago.

They are beautiful and absolutely stunning, the pic does not do them justice. They are a very strongly bonded trio (mum and her two daughters) and spend most of their time snuggled up together, there's never a cross word between them.

I won't give up on these three gorgeous girlies...there must be someone out there who could give a loving home to this beautiful trio.

Kirkby is in Nottinghamshire, but distance would not be an issue. I'd be prepared to drive a considerable distance if it means these bunnies getting their long awaited forever home.

i can't believe they are still in rescue :shock: i love them :love: i really hope they find a special forever home soon x

I just want to highlight these bunnies again.

Sadly they are now a pair as one of them passed away suddenly last year.

They did have a home for a very short while, but the people brought them back to the rescue as one had developed a problem with her eye. The eye had to be removed, so one of the girls is now a one-eyed bunny. Please don't let this put anyone off, a number of us on RU have one-eyed bunnies (including me) and they adapt very well. This little girl bounced back well from her eye-removal op and is now fine. :D

These beautiful girls will have been in rescue for 4 years in a few month's time.:( I have no idea why, as they are absolutely stunning. It breaks my heart to see them week after week, still in the rescue without a proper home. :cry: They are totally devoted to each other and like nothing more than to snuggle up together.

These two girls are related to my Poppy, Pansy & Daisy, who are the trio of girls in my signature....they are an absolute delight.

I would be prepared to do a considerable amount of driving to get these two special girls to the right home.

Back