• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beano is unexpectedly spending the night at the vets

Thank you everyone. She's doing well, I've been at work since 7am and am on my break now and have missed calls from the vets and had a message saying they've booked an appointment to collect at 5.30pm, I finish work at 5pm and wont be home until 6 at the earliest but my partner can collect but he doesn't have enough money to pay the bill so will need me to pay. I rang vets to explain this and they said the only appointment left is 5.30 but he'll need to pay when he collects her, but he cant so that wasn't very helpful so bit unsure what to do now!! I have to go back to work and wont get back to my phone until after I've finished now so cant ring again or contact partner. But I'm glad beano is doing well.

I'm glad that Beano is doing OK. Will the Vets accept a card payment over the phone ? Or could your B/F pay a deposit and then you make the payment in full tomorrow ?

Thank you everyone. She's doing well, I've been at work since 7am and am on my break now and have missed calls from the vets and had a message saying they've booked an appointment to collect at 5.30pm, I finish work at 5pm and wont be home until 6 at the earliest but my partner can collect but he doesn't have enough money to pay the bill so will need me to pay. I rang vets to explain this and they said the only appointment left is 5.30 but he'll need to pay when he collects her, but he cant so that wasn't very helpful so bit unsure what to do now!! I have to go back to work and wont get back to my phone until after I've finished now so cant ring again or contact partner. But I'm glad beano is doing well.

My vet allows *anyone* to pay my vet bill by credit card over the phone before picking up. Is that possible with Beano at all?

I am glad she is well enough to come home :D
I hope you can sort out the logistics x

If you're a regular then the vets are usually happy for you to pay over the phone. I'm lucky with my vets I've come out sometimes, and they are far too busy at reception, so I come home and phone next day to pay.

I'm sorry I've only just seen this.
I'm glad she'll be coming home.

I used to work in the vets and with regulars we'd allow them to pay over the phone, maybe you can call when you finished work and see if they'll do that for you?
We'd also let our regulars pay the next day by phone (only trusted clients next day though)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thank you for the replies and help, I never thought of paying over the phone even though I did for jack as was given 2 weeks before being sent his final bill, work was stressing me so my reply earlier was rather stressed! My partner is picking beano up now, I've sent a text saying the vets can ring me and I'll pay over the phone if they need payment before she leaves. If not he can take her home and I'll pop in when I'm passing on the way home and pay tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing beano, hopefully she'll be much more comfortable shaved and we can keep on top of making sure she doesn't get matted again.

Thank you for the replies and help, I never thought of paying over the phone even though I did for jack as was given 2 weeks before being sent his final bill, work was stressing me so my reply earlier was rather stressed! My partner is picking beano up now, I've sent a text saying the vets can ring me and I'll pay over the phone if they need payment before she leaves. If not he can take her home and I'll pop in when I'm passing on the way home and pay tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing beano, hopefully she'll be much more comfortable shaved and we can keep on top of making sure she doesn't get matted again.

I hope you're a lot less stressed tonight Liz :D

I hope Beano forgives you!

Thank you both.

Beano is as right as rain :love: Her back end looks rather sore, but she's got metacam and baytril. Jake was nervous of her at first but now he hasn't left her side so all is going well so far :D

Back