• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Badger's Journey UD post 297

Badger really isn't ready to go to the Bridge yet, is he?

Am glad he is more peaceful now and that you are getting to spend some more time together. Sending him very gentle nose rubs.:love:

Badger really isn't ready to go to the Bridge yet, is he?

Am glad he is more peaceful now and that you are getting to spend some more time together. Sending him very gentle nose rubs.:love:

No, he so wants to live and that's what I'm focusing on. A different bunny would have gone earlier this week or even way earlier this year, but not my Badgey Badge.

He's sat with me and groomed me everytime I stroked him today. He hasn't been strokable for ther past few days but today he is good enough for me to do that. :love: Every day is precious.

I'm so happy to hear that Badger is having a good day! :love: What a tough and inspiring little guy!

Just on a side note: I understand that you are not keeping him alive for you, and are only doing what is best for him. :) I think sometimes others who don't understand your bun as well as you do may not see that fighting spirit in his eyes, and that steadfast will to keep going. I know that my mother made me feel terrible at times, telling me I was making Mina suffer. But she didn't know her as I do, and she couldn't see what I did. As long as you always trust your gut instinct, you'll be doing what is right for him. xxx

Sending you and Badger tons of happy and healthy, peaceful vibes for Christmas! xxx

I'm so happy to hear that Badger is having a good day! :love: What a tough and inspiring little guy!

Just on a side note: I understand that you are not keeping him alive for you, and are only doing what is best for him. :) I think sometimes others who don't understand your bun as well as you do may not see that fighting spirit in his eyes, and that steadfast will to keep going. I know that my mother made me feel terrible at times, telling me I was making Mina suffer. But she didn't know her as I do, and she couldn't see what I did. As long as you always trust your gut instinct, you'll be doing what is right for him. xxx

Sending you and Badger tons of happy and healthy, peaceful vibes for Christmas! xxx

Thank you for that. I could post a video on here and it would show people how full of life this lovely chap is if anyone has any doubt. Also my vets commented on how lively he was and how much he stuffed his face once he could breathe at the vets. My vets trust me enough to know I will make the right decision for him, when the time is right, but also that I will fight for whatever I believe my bunny wants, which is a huge compliment on their part. When I was at the vets this morning (For a different bunny) two of the nurses asked after him, which was really nice :) (going a bit off topic there, lol).

I also meant to thank you for your words and explanation about Mina because I didn't know of her story and imagine it was hard to tell so freshly after losing her. I also very much appreciated what you said and it brought me comfort with Badger.

So thank you for taking the time to tell me about that.

I haven't been on for ages, so sorry I missed this:cry:

I am really pleased Badger is having good days.:)

Tulip is in the same situation as he is, just not as advanced yet, so I can really imagine how traumatic it is to see him like this:cry:

Loads of love to you both:love:

Thank you for that. I could post a video on here and it would show people how full of life this lovely chap is if anyone has any doubt. Also my vets commented on how lively he was and how much he stuffed his face once he could breathe at the vets. My vets trust me enough to know I will make the right decision for him, when the time is right, but also that I will fight for whatever I believe my bunny wants, which is a huge compliment on their part. When I was at the vets this morning (For a different bunny) two of the nurses asked after him, which was really nice :) (going a bit off topic there, lol).

I also meant to thank you for your words and explanation about Mina because I didn't know of her story and imagine it was hard to tell so freshly after losing her. I also very much appreciated what you said and it brought me comfort with Badger.

So thank you for taking the time to tell me about that.

That's wonderful! You're fortunate to have such a rabbit savvy and caring vet. My vet wasn't as good, it seems, and he was always very pessimistic about things, which made it that much more difficult.

If Mina's story could help you and Badger in any way or bring you some comfort, it is worth telling. The pain is still fresh, but everyone here helped me so much over the past few weeks that I want to return the favor. I'm glad I could help in any way. :)

I know Mina was playing just a few hours before she gave up. She was trying so, so hard, and loved life so much, so I don't regret any extra second that we were able to get for her. It sounds to me like Badger has that same strong spirit in him, and same love of life, no doubt because he has such a wonderful, caring Mommy. :) xxx

That's wonderful! You're fortunate to have such a rabbit savvy and caring vet. My vet wasn't as good, it seems, and he was always very pessimistic about things, which made it that much more difficult.

If Mina's story could help you and Badger in any way or bring you some comfort, it is worth telling. The pain is still fresh, but everyone here helped me so much over the past few weeks that I want to return the favor. I'm glad I could help in any way. :)

I know Mina was playing just a few hours before she gave up. She was trying so, so hard, and loved life so much, so I don't regret any extra second that we were able to get for her. It sounds to me like Badger has that same strong spirit in him, and same love of life, no doubt because he has such a wonderful, caring Mommy. :) xxx

She sounds absolutely amazing :)

Not once (so far) today have I worried about Badger's breathing. Last night I was so positive he would have to be PTS this morning (or even last night), but 'room management' or maybe 'environment management' is aiding the work the meds do. He didn't even struggle after 9-10 hours after his last steroid dose (which is what he has been doing), and I was able to give it 13 hours after his last dose.

He's so, so amazing! He 'helped' me do some wrapping earlier. :lol::roll: Although he wasn't as bad as some are.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. I'm starting to hope I may get my Christmas Wish this year :) (well, I already have Wish, who will obviously tomorrow be Christmas Wish, but I was so desperate to have Badger, and I'm starting to hope I may have him tomorrow :) ).

ETA- How the bloody hell did this get to page 18? thank you all so much for your comments and support through this horrendous week.

Not once (so far) today have I worried about Badger's breathing. Last night I was so positive he would have to be PTS this morning (or even last night), but 'room management' or maybe 'environment management' is aiding the work the meds do. He didn't even struggle after 9-10 hours after his last steroid dose (which is what he has been doing), and I was able to give it 13 hours after his last dose.

He's so, so amazing! He 'helped' me do some wrapping earlier. :lol::roll: Although he wasn't as bad as some are.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. I'm starting to hope I may get my Christmas Wish this year :) (well, I already have Wish, who will obviously tomorrow be Christmas Wish, but I was so desperate to have Badger, and I'm starting to hope I may have him tomorrow :) ).

ETA- How the bloody hell did this get to page 18? thank you all so much for your comments and support through this horrendous week.

That post made me smile. I really hope you get your wish Sky. I will certainly be thinking of you and your crew tomorrow. If you get the chance let us know how they are.

B&G send their love to you and their friends there with you especially Wish and Flame and Badger.

Have a great one and I hope all goes well for you :)

Gray x

That post made me smile. I really hope you get your wish Sky. I will certainly be thinking of you and your crew tomorrow. If you get the chance let us know how they are.

B&G send their love to you and their friends there with you especially Wish and Flame and Badger.

Have a great one and I hope all goes well for you :)

Gray x

Have a wonderful one Gray, all of you. x

I know you'll get your wish if Badger has anything to do with it.
Please, please may we all have a special Christmas present of Badger with Sky-O.

Back