• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Badger is regurgitating his food. UD post 32

Ok.

So I called the vets just before I posted this thread, and the outcome of that call was that a vet who had treated Badger (there's two who have seen him throughout his illness). She called and she basically had no idea why he had done what he had. She suggested it could be that he was in pain and he couldn't swallow, so food was sitting at the back of his throat. She then talked to me about pain relief options, which I wasn't comfortable with. She also said it was key to keep him eating. I also mentioned the diarrhoea since the dental and she suggested bio-lapis in the water.

I went to collect the bio-lapis and the other vet who has seen Badger happened to be there, so I took advantage of 'well known and valued client' status and asked if the receptionist could ask him what he thought, and so she said she would, and did, and he then squeezed me in between appointments (not with Badger or anything). His theory is that it didn't come from his stomach, but came from his lungs and he sort of coughed it up, which does make sense. Sadly that means it is my fault because I moved Badger earlier whilst he was eating, to clean his butt, and that is likely when that happened. He explained more about the pain relief options and that made more sense and sat more comfortably.

But we all know we're coming to the end of the road with Badger. We are out of new things to try so we just do the best with what we can.

Essentially, keep him eating.

Thank you so much for all your vibes and thoughts :) I was in a right panic, although it was semi controlled. :lol: I shoudl have put this on his thread, so I'm sorry for that. But thank you all :)

Back