• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back problems U/D...possible head tilt? (pictures added)

Just a quick question but I may be way off :?

Pixi had a bad bite to her eye a week or so ago, did she finish her antibiotics for that and did it heal OK?

I would speak to the vet about starting her on panacur and metacam as a precaution if you think a fit is a possibility. TBH it does sound like one to me :? but obviously without seeing it I couldn't say for definate.

She may have more or she may never have another. If she does have more it could be 6 months before it happens again or it could be tomorrow. There really is no way of knowing. I would just keep an eye on her but at the end of the day you can't watch her 24/7, you can only do so much :)

...I can watch her 24/7 ;) :lol::lol: She's on metacam, and I'll get her panacur tomorrow.

Thank you so much Liz. I know you have so much on your plate yourself, and I really appreciate you helping me! :wave:

From what you say it is incredibly likely that it was a fit, as she was still shaking when I picked her up (and her front paws were stuck). When I put her down on the bed she went all floppy. :(

Just a quick question but I may be way off :?

Pixi had a bad bite to her eye a week or so ago, did she finish her antibiotics for that and did it heal OK?

She had a course of abx for that, and finished it. I asked the vet to check them today and they were healed/healing really well. :)

From what you say it is incredibly likely that it was a fit, as she was still shaking when I picked her up (and her front paws were stuck). When I put her down on the bed she went all floppy. :(

Yep it does sound very much like a fit from that desciption :( I hope it was a one off and she stays hapy and healthy from now on :)

Poor thing I hope she's ok!

The way you described it sounds exactly like my cousins guinea pig who had a fit whilst I was holding her, it was really scary as I thought I'd held her too tight or something! I think in the end it was caused by mites, but not sure if that would have the same effect on rabbits. Hopefully it wont happen again!

Does anyone else think that she has slight head tilt? She's hopping almost normally, but as you can see, she's looking sorry for herself!

035-2.jpg

030-5.jpg

031-4.jpg

032-3.jpg

033-4.jpg

036-1.jpg

037-2.jpg

038-1.jpg

042-2.jpg

041-2.jpg

040-1.jpg

id go by hugos advise and start a panacur course and ask about siezures at the vets, will admit, my first thought was a fit, janes lil jo went through a series of fits, as far as im aware shes not so bad now, fingers and paws crossed its a one off

the last couple of pics look like a slight headtilt, but that may be stiffness from sleeping/waking up, or as a consequence of the seizure/back spasm.

I hope she's alright and it was a one-off, whatever the cause. She's really stunning and sounds like a real sweetie :love::love:

This sounds exactly like what happened to Roxy, who is now with Liz :cry: Only difference being it was Roxys back legs that she couldnt move :cry:

I would definately start a 28 day course of panacur... poor girl xXx

This sounds exactly like what happened to Roxy, who is now with Liz :cry: Only difference being it was Roxys back legs that she couldnt move :cry:

I would definately start a 28 day course of panacur... poor girl xXx

I'll do that from tomorrow! Poor Roxy. :( They're fragile little things, aren't they.

VikkiVet said:
the last couple of pics look like a slight headtilt, but that may be stiffness from sleeping/waking up, or as a consequence of the seizure/back spasm.

I hope she's alright and it was a one-off, whatever the cause. She's really stunning and sounds like a real sweetie

She's wonderful! :love: I think she'll get to sleep with me again tonight! ;)

I think I would also ask the vets about antibiotics just to cover all eventualities.

The reason I asked about the bite near her eye is because I thought there could be a very slight chance of the infection travelling inwards rather than outwards :? I honestly don't know if this is a possibility, but it might be worth raising it with the vet if you thing she is displaying other neurological symptoms :(

Ive got no advice but I really hope it was a one off and she feels better soon - Im sure sharing a bed with mummeh tonight will make her feel better :D:love:

Back