• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Baby boy in for dental; its going to be a long day... to wait til 3ish... :(

donnab1981

Young Bun
Simba has his first G.A - Dental tomorrow, im worried allready. Have to take him in a 8am, wont see him until the evening.

Worried naturally but also because hes had a bad week, vet says his bowel was much noiser tonight :) so as long as he eats tonight which he has (veg + herbs) he should be fine.

They said I could leave him there for the night instead of bringing in the morning but i chose to bring him home, im glad as his nestled on his favourite chair next to my knee and has eaten etc.

Is it normal and natural to be scared and dreading the worst pre G.A ???

Just cant wait for the phone call allready to say that hes fine, eaten and allowed home...

Last edited:
Wishing Simba the best of luck for tomrrow, TRY not to worry, I know how hard it is though, bless Jims he doesnt have GA as it is only minor work and I am always dreading his dentals!

Try and keep yourself busy tomorrow so you are not just waiting by the phone, maybe go out and buy something special for Simba for when he comes home, like a new toy or something?

Thankyou both :D

Just been spending extra cuddle time with Simba, he's said thankyou by kissing my nose and licking my eyebrow - eww and it tickles, he doesent dont the latter often, kisses often :love: :love: :love:

Oh bless Jim if he has regular dentals: I hope Simbas dentals dont become a regular thing :( sounds like many buns have to have dentals poor little buns :)

Will go get him some new willow treats etc and probabally 1/2 the shop of other things lol

Has he had his dental yet? How'd it go? I worry so much when my boys need doing, I think I drive the guys on here crazy!

He's home!!!

He's eaten his pellets for the first time in 4 days!

Vet commented on him being very friendly, relaxed and alert!!!

Still dosey at times but; had a wander, eat, and chew on his new toys!

Soooooo happy! :love:

Back