• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Average age of rabbits

How long do you think is average or good age for your bunn to live to?

• 5 years

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • 7 years

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • 8 or 9 years

Votes: 32 66.7%
  • 13 years and above

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters
ive only had 1 bun before the ones i have now
she was about 6 when she went she had a prolapse bum problem we had to clean it alot :( poor molly

my 3 are only 2 years all of them so lots of time left yay ! :D

We have 16 rabbits here who are over 7. Three of them are 10 yrs old, and still going strong. Sadly we lost our two oldest this year who were 11 and 12.

My bridge bunny Bicci was at least 9,she was a 4.5k cross lop. We had her 5 and half years she was nearly 3 years at the rspca and was a good adult when she was found and taken to the rspca. My other one tommy was at least 7 and another 4kilo +

My new ones:
My rew twinkle toese is about five and half weighs just over 2k and Ozzie is about 2 and weighs the same as twink. I was told the smaller the bunny the longer the life span expected. so hopefully we have many happy years to come with this new pair

all four of my bunnies were born in june 2006 so are five years old. i think of them as youngsters. i'm expecting them to go on for a good while...:shock:

i want to think of having my two for many many years. they are now both 2.5yrs and while i really wish i could se them living to 13yrs + i think 8-9 is more realistic/optimistic x

My old rabbit Bonnie lived to just over 12 years old. Her sister died at 10 years. She was a dutch bunny and we did everything completely wrong by RU standards...they weren't speyed or vaccinated, she lived completely in the garden free range for the last 2 years after her sister died (she made a burrow under the shed), she ate toast and porridge for breakfast, jacket potatoes and Yorkshire puddings as a treat, veg and rabbit museli each day:shock: We didn't know what we know now but she was very loved and very happy:love::love:

My bridge bunnie button, a nethie, lived to be 10. He was fed all the wrong stuff, not neutered or vaccinated but a healthy little bun. We think he had a heart attach as it was just after bonfire night and some inconsiderate neighbours had let off some fireworks. I wasn't at home and no one else brought him indoors :(

My current bunnies are young, ruby is 3 in february, reggie is a rescue but I think roughly the same age. I'm hoping they both live to be about 10 especially as now I know more about rabbit care

The oldest bunny I have ever owned was Barnaby. He was a rescue bun and was fully grown when found, then lived at a rescue for four years and then came to live with me for seven years. So all in all he was at least eleven.

He was absolutely adorable and gave me a wealth of experience in caring for OABs.

Back