• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Athie's neutering prep help

Aw, I'm sorry they didn't let you get much sleep! They're so cute, though, so I'm sure you've forgiven them already. ;) Hopefully you can catch up on sleep sometime soon. How is Athie doing today? Lots more vibes for him!

Sorry for the quiet everyone [emoji15]
Universe decided to see just how much it can pile on this week [emoji2356]
In summary: they're both doing well and I'm the only one worse for wear [emoji1787]

So Monday night they kept waking me up every hour or so and finally gave up on sleeping around 5am. Tuesday because I had to do interviews over video calls after spending the morning having to jump up every 5mins to stop Athie reaching up sizing the side of the pen to jump out or Zeus wanting in then wanting out[emoji24] so I blocked off the lounge and the couch and opened the pen.
Athie was so happy he slept near my foot for most of the day, Zeus on the otherhand decided it's the best time to start trying to eat my fridge [emoji17] about an hour before the interviews started I got a call from my dad that my step brother has confirmed covid :/ not fussed about my step brother but he lives in my dad's house and they have constant contact so that sent me into a near panic attack of worry.
Then just as the interviews began Athie decided he wants onto the couch [emoji2356] so he was reaching up trying to boop the stuff out the way.
Tuesday night I penned them in, and after about an hour Athie woke me up on the couch by booping my nose [emoji33] Zeus was still in the pen and couldn't see any obvious escape spots. I checked Athie over and he seemed fine. Put him back in the pen and back to the couch... little while later I hear scratching so I peak over, there's Athie pawing at the side and then... giant frecking leap over the side and a hop onto the couch [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] had nfi he could jump that high. So decided it's safer to just leave the pen open, block the couch and sleep on the floor. They slept... [emoji1787]
Yesterday I get woken up by Zeus hopping onto my tummy [emoji1787] he likes sitting on it and feeling the wobble [emoji39] like a water bed [emoji1787]
The rest of the day work was one urgent issue after another, so middle of a call with my boss my headphones cut out [emoji848] I look down and the little ****(Athie) had reached up and bit the cable right through [emoji2356] luckily my boss is epic and just laughed as I scrambled round to find another pair.
After the call I hear a thumpity noise, Zeus is sleeping so has to be Athie...
8eb9b83724a61d53b47ff32826da5091.jpg

He jumped ontop of my pc, where he's never had an interest in before [emoji2356] I gently remove him but he just runs a circle around me and jumps back up... so I rig a temporary blocker while talking stats on a work call [emoji1787]
Next thing I just see the gerbil cage slightly rocking [emoji33] i investigate and find the little brown demon UNDER the new shelves... nfi how he got in there as it's all blocked off! I lure him out with a fenugreek. A few more running after him and inspecting if he's fine during yesterday.
So last night I decided foo it I'm sleeping in my bed [emoji1787] Zeus and Athie behaved like proper little angels and snoozed on the foot of the bed the whole night.

Just as I thought it was all OK, this morning Zeus refused to eat breakfast :( so phoned the vets and they suggested giving him some recovery as the last time I saw him eat was last night. Wrestled him for an hour feeding him the goop while Athie kept booping and nipping my toes [emoji848]

Finally an hour ago Zeus is his old self, have eaten his breakfast, Athie is his new naughty self [emoji1787]

So tonight I'm getting sloshed and going to bed early! [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Sorry for the quiet everyone [emoji15]
Universe decided to see just how much it can pile on this week [emoji2356]
In summary: they're both doing well and I'm the only one worse for wear [emoji1787]

So Monday night they kept waking me up every hour or so and finally gave up on sleeping around 5am. Tuesday because I had to do interviews over video calls after spending the morning having to jump up every 5mins to stop Athie reaching up sizing the side of the pen to jump out or Zeus wanting in then wanting out[emoji24] so I blocked off the lounge and the couch and opened the pen.
Athie was so happy he slept near my foot for most of the day, Zeus on the otherhand decided it's the best time to start trying to eat my fridge [emoji17] about an hour before the interviews started I got a call from my dad that my step brother has confirmed covid :/ not fussed about my step brother but he lives in my dad's house and they have constant contact so that sent me into a near panic attack of worry.
Then just as the interviews began Athie decided he wants onto the couch [emoji2356] so he was reaching up trying to boop the stuff out the way.
Tuesday night I penned them in, and after about an hour Athie woke me up on the couch by booping my nose [emoji33] Zeus was still in the pen and couldn't see any obvious escape spots. I checked Athie over and he seemed fine. Put him back in the pen and back to the couch... little while later I hear scratching so I peak over, there's Athie pawing at the side and then... giant frecking leap over the side and a hop onto the couch [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] had nfi he could jump that high. So decided it's safer to just leave the pen open, block the couch and sleep on the floor. They slept... [emoji1787]
Yesterday I get woken up by Zeus hopping onto my tummy [emoji1787] he likes sitting on it and feeling the wobble [emoji39] like a water bed [emoji1787]
The rest of the day work was one urgent issue after another, so middle of a call with my boss my headphones cut out [emoji848] I look down and the little ****(Athie) had reached up and bit the cable right through [emoji2356] luckily my boss is epic and just laughed as I scrambled round to find another pair.
After the call I hear a thumpity noise, Zeus is sleeping so has to be Athie...
8eb9b83724a61d53b47ff32826da5091.jpg

He jumped ontop of my pc, where he's never had an interest in before [emoji2356] I gently remove him but he just runs a circle around me and jumps back up... so I rig a temporary blocker while talking stats on a work call [emoji1787]
Next thing I just see the gerbil cage slightly rocking [emoji33] i investigate and find the little brown demon UNDER the new shelves... nfi how he got in there as it's all blocked off! I lure him out with a fenugreek. A few more running after him and inspecting if he's fine during yesterday.
So last night I decided foo it I'm sleeping in my bed [emoji1787] Zeus and Athie behaved like proper little angels and snoozed on the foot of the bed the whole night.

Just as I thought it was all OK, this morning Zeus refused to eat breakfast :( so phoned the vets and they suggested giving him some recovery as the last time I saw him eat was last night. Wrestled him for an hour feeding him the goop while Athie kept booping and nipping my toes [emoji848]

Finally an hour ago Zeus is his old self, have eaten his breakfast, Athie is his new naughty self [emoji1787]

So tonight I'm getting sloshed and going to bed early! [emoji1787]

It's all good fun when you live with bunnies isn't it :lol: Seriously though, I think that you are right to allow them to move around freely again.

I hope that your Dad remains Covid-free and I certainly would go with your final comment tonight.

Wow, they do like to keep you busy, don't they! :lol: It sounds like Athie is recovering well if he's so active, and I'm glad poor Zeus is feeling better. Best wishes for your dad, too. I hope he'll be okay. Going to bed early tonight sounds like an excellent plan!

It sounds like you have had quite a week! I’m glad they are both ok, and I hope your dad remains free of the virus xx

Pleased to hear Athie is recovering really well and all is well with them. Best wishes for your Dad and hope you have a lovely day tomorrow.

Thanks everyone :)
Bunnies and I are sitting on the carpet tonight sharing green beans, carrots and cuddles :D checked in with my dad and no new development :)

They are little terrors but love em to bits :D and all gets forgiven when they give me the bunny eyes [emoji7]

Aww, that sounds like a nice time with Zeus and Athie. =) And I'm glad there's no new development with your dad.

And I totally get it. Casper once chewed through the cord of my headphones while I was listening to music, and I was like, "Aw, it's okay, he's so cute!", haha.

Back