• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Artie is going for a check-up x-ray.. U/D P29 - another check up today

Any updates? How is he? Hope he is home soon :wave:

Thank you.

He's back home :D:D

I collected him straight from work so haven't been able to log in earlier.

He's hidden away at the moment but has been nibbling hay. I think he's a bit sleepy possibly, but is certainly wanting a bit of peace at the moment.

It went without any complications and I've got to take him back in 6 - 8 weeks. He's on diuretic again and metacam if he needs it. Bill was £150 for him and Esme's vaccs and x-ray yesterday :shock::shock: *goes for a lie down*

Thank you.

He's back home :D:D

I collected him straight from work so haven't been able to log in earlier.

He's hidden away at the moment but has been nibbling hay. I think he's a bit sleepy possibly, but is certainly wanting a bit of peace at the moment.

It went without any complications and I've got to take him back in 6 - 8 weeks. He's on diuretic again and metacam if he needs it. Bill was £150 for him and Esme's vaccs and x-ray yesterday :shock::shock: *goes for a lie down*

:shock:

Glad that the proccedure went well and here's hoping Artie is not about to start manufacturing more Readymix Cement in his bladder............ :?

:shock:

Glad that the proccedure went well and here's hoping Artie is not about to start manufacturing more Readymix Cement in his bladder............ :?

Thanks. The contrast between the x-ray six weeks ago and yesterday was quite shocking, and that's on a carefully controlled diet. I think that's an indication of what to expect, sadly :cry::cry:

He's obviously unhappy at the mo, I didn't see him the same day as his sedation last time so don't know if he's still sleepy or or in pain. He has, of course, had some metacam but I don't know how long ago (I just see it on the invoice)

The bill doesn't look awful when you see it broken down but I was (not adding it up) expecting it to be about £100.

Esme's myxi vac was £25
First x-ray £43
Esme x-ray £20 (was reassuring to see hers as she's been on same diet as Artie for last 2 years and her bladder wasn't visible to me on x-ray).
The actual procedure was £25
Frusemide and Metacam to take home total £10.
Consultation for Artie was £20 (listed as 'repeat' consultation).

Edit.
He's had Tribrissen. I don't know what the sedation was but he had the procedure this morning. I wish he'd come out and be sociable, I'm getting quite worried about him :cry::cry:

Last edited:
Ive just managed to get him to eat 7 small dandelion leaves :love::love:

It's a huge relief as I'm worrying myself silly. By the way he was fumbling about I think he's very sleepy but he was also very enthusiastic when nibbling.

Looks like I could be out with a torch a few times this evening then - thank god that snow has gone

glad you have him home... loads of vibes heading his way xxx

Thank you. I've been really worried because I've not seen him 'unwell' when he has come back before, they always keep them until they are really well (as you know) but he's now munching some celery and although he's quite dozy he does show interest in the food I wave at him, so I suppose it's just keep pushing food in his face until he wakes up a bit more. I'm feeling guilty though because he was well yesterday until I put him through this :(

Thank you. I've been really worried because I've not seen him 'unwell' when he has come back before, they always keep them until they are really well (as you know) but he's now munching some celery and although he's quite dozy he does show interest in the food I wave at him, so I suppose it's just keep pushing food in his face until he wakes up a bit more. I'm feeling guilty though because he was well yesterday until I put him through this :(

yeah but if you didnt how poorly could he be in a few weeks. he be ok hun at least hes eating some :love::love:

Update

I'm just about to set off with Artie for another check up x-ray. He's been on 1/2 a tablet of Frusimide a day since last time. Fingers crossed :)

Will update on return.

I hope it's good news - is he going in the pink carrier? :lol::lol: Will be checking for updates later. ;)

I hope it's good news - is he going in the pink carrier? :lol::lol: Will be checking for updates later. ;)

:lol::lol: No, he said, 'I will see the vet lady if I has to but I ain't going in the pink buggy' :evil:

He was as good as gold bless him, he got in the grey/white with orange front carrier with no complaints at all.

His x-ray shows his calcium has built up again, it's difficult to gauge how much without squeezing it out. FHB did originally say she would keep him and do the expressing tomorrow, mainly because he was there, not because it was particularly bad. After a discussion we decided to give it another month and if he goes on okay take him every 3 months. He's on diuretic and anti-inflammatory in the meantime.

Back