• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anybunniez Rabbit Rescue and Rehome Network on Facebook.

I am really sorry that you have been treated this way dolittle67. :( No matter how much people say it is just because they care, it can never be an excuse for downright nastiness. I hope those responsible feel suitably ashamed. :(

I am really sorry that you have been treated this way dolittle67. :( No matter how much people say it is just because they care, it can never be an excuse for downright nastiness. I hope those responsible feel suitably ashamed. :(

thankyou Tracy...its kind of funny that not many people live by the forums slogan lol..
if we however getanymore threatening private messages we will copy and paste to show how caring some of the members are on this forum.
Its so very sad because with guidance support and great knowledgable advice we could really make a difference?
its sad but we will change the world for each bunny one by one with or without peoples help.
regards

If you mean you are getting abusive PMs on this forum, there is a report button at the bottom of each PM (looks the same as those at the bottom of a forum post) which you can use to report it to me/the mod team to deal with.

If you trawl through our archives you might find some discussions we've had previously about foster/free ads etc. which raise the points/issues we thought about when deciding how to deal with freeads on the forum. It's very tricky to make a balance between helping and taking on more than you can, particularly when you've got an enthusiastic group of rabbit lovers who are obviously very caring.

i have been a member for a little while on this forum but always been silent...I am a member of the ADMIN TEAM on this rescue group on facebook
I am appalled to be told that apparently bunny loving people find it necessary to bombard a fellow admin member with threatening private messages.
we are a new group we are learning on a hourly basis but our goal and aim stays the same we want to change the life one by one of a bunny not fortunate to have a beautiful loving home like you and I give ours.
I cannot see how you would think that by taking baby steps into the world of rescue some of you find the need to abuse and criticise us instead of supporting encouraging and giving us advice.
I cannot speak for the rest of ADMIN team on the group but if you cannot be constructive with your criticism and kind in stead of cruel I do not care what you think!
we have saved bunnies got them in foster homes where they are safe warm and have love and excellent diets who are have and will be vaccinated and neutered before finding them amazing homes where they will live the rest of their lives happy and content.
if some of you started your rescues and did everything right had no teething problems and everything from the beginning to today got e3verything right feel free to give us advice on how not to go wrong and how to be absolutely perfect like you because I would love to hear it.
we are a group of bunny loving people who are giving our time experience and homes and money to giving bunnies one at a time a chance.
how this can be worse for bunnies that we are saving I am having a hard time understanding.
I am human so are the rest of the beautiful people that are helping in our quest to change the world one bunny at a time not the world?
I take my hats off to all the experience and good a lot of you do on here in rescues I really do so please instead of being cruel vindictive and sending threatening private messages take a leaf out of the rabbit book and be kind serene and most of all forgiving
regards

Oh my gosh I am so sorry you have been getting abusive messages :( that is awful.

I have genuine concerns and asked questions because of this but truly hope they didn't come across as abusive or nasty. That wasn't my intention at all.

Its because we did have lots of teething problem when we started rescuing publicly that i asked the questions in the first place. I would always expect there to be issues at the start if any venture how ever well thought out.

Personally we would and have taken rabbits from all situations and do not discriminate. We certainly wouldn't let a rabbit rot in hell just because of where it was if it needed us. ( not your words) :)

My concern is with kind hearted people getting into genuine trouble taking on more than they can cope with. I know admin are experienced but don't know how fosterers are regulated? That is my main worry.

Like I said before I hope it all works out and we would be willing to get involved too if things come together well.

But at the end of the day whether anyone agrees with it or not there is no excuse for sending nasty messages to anyone :(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

sending rude private messages is awful and you should report it..no need for it

but asking sensible questions and pointing out possible pitfalls should not be jumped on as only passing negative comments..these are common sense points that need addressing..nothing more and no one on here has meant anything nasty at all. Some people just choose to see things that way..and the comment about some thinkiong free ad rabbits can stay "rotting in their hell" is just plain stupid..sorry if that offends but then so does that comment.

Hope this does take off and become successful, but as already said, make sure ytou do have all the back up you may well need

Only just seen this thread and Im amazed at some of the comments and accusations that have seemingly been flying around
No one who is trying to do good for these rabbits should be subjected to nasty messages.... I am appalled!!!!
Anyone trying to do good should be aplauded and not shot down!
I really hope this takes off and some of the "good" points raised on here are listened to and hopefully may be of help
I will follow this on f.b rather than here Im afraid

Only just seen this thread and Im amazed at some of the comments and accusations that have seemingly been flying around
No one who is trying to do good for these rabbits should be subjected to nasty messages.... I am appalled!!!!
I really hope this takes off and some of the "good" points raised on here are listened to and hopefully may be of help

I think everyone in rescue with whatever animals in my books have to be applauded.
I am sorry if everyone thought or thinks that it matters to me that we have been abused generally been mean to because we have started a network of caring experienced people that with constant support from the admin team (one of which is a vet nurse) because i dont and do not.
we are a group of professional educated people who are not taking this lightly.We are taking each day as a new challenge but at no point will any of the bunnies rescued be placed with an inexperienced person.
Each bunny will be and has been vet checked vaccinated and neutered before we find them a suitable forever home.
We are still in phase one of our group which is still finding its feet,gathering responsible members and saving bunnies ONE BY ONE.
I will however assure everyone that this will work we will work through all the difficulties that arise.
It is not an option to fail we are growing stronger by the day and will continue to.
We dont have all the answers and will make mistakes along the way but at no time will any of our loving caring members get in over their head because we as a group work as a team and together we will help each other.
regards

I'd just like to take the chance to thank everyone who has joined and is supporting us in this.

It will take time to get off the ground. We are new learning new things all the time. Hopefully given time we can prove to everyone that we are doing everything right and above board. Hopefully one day the rescues will see us as a good thing and we can all help each other for the good of rabbits everywhere :D.

All rescues start somewhere, EVERYONE makes mistakes and NO ONE is perfect (except bunnies... bunnies are ALWAYS perfect ;) ). However, RU is a place where we are all meant to be part of 1 big bunny family and to hear that some are getting abuse is just :cry: and will push people away rather than encourage them to stay here and learn (as we all have to learn because we all started at the bottom!). Pushing people away doesn't do the bunnies any favours and RU is an invaluable source of knowledge and support.

Pretty damn sure there are members who think i'm an idiot for taking on the pregnant doe and her husbun because i'm not a "proper" rescue, but I don't really care. I did what I had to do and I don't regret it. I take them to the vets and I look after them and would never see them come to harm. In fact, some "proper" rescues PTS rabbits with dental problems... I have 8 dental rabbits and every one gets check ups and treatment as required :) That isn't meant to be an "i'm better than you" comment, just trying to raise the point that people CAN do a good job without an official rescue name behind them :thumb:

Anybunniez and Official rescues are on the same side :wave: This could be a really good thing with some support and advice!

There is no problem you being here at all.

You are more than welcome, can you let us know who has been sending you nasty pms & I'll look into it because this isn't fair.

I hope it works out for you.

Yes little boots is right, let us know who the pms were off & what accusations there are.

sending rude private messages is awful and you should report it..no need for it

but asking sensible questions and pointing out possible pitfalls should not be jumped on as only passing negative comments..these are common sense points that need addressing..nothing more and no one on here has meant anything nasty at all. Some people just choose to see things that way..and the comment about some thinkiong free ad rabbits can stay "rotting in their hell" is just plain stupid..sorry if that offends but then so does that comment.

Hope this does take off and become successful, but as already said, make sure ytou do have all the back up you may well need

That quote wasn't from "some" it was from me. It was MY view based on the comments I have read and the opinions I have personally formed. I did also say "Maybe it is not meant that way, but this is how it comes across to me", so if you are going to quote me, please don't be selective. And no, your comment "just plain stupid" doesn't offend me, I don't personally care what you think of me.

I have joined Anybunniez and, the same as littleboots, I will support and follow them on FB rather than on here.

That quote wasn't from "some" it was from me. It was MY view based on the comments I have read and the opinions I have personally formed. I did also say "Maybe it is not meant that way, but this is how it comes across to me", so if you are going to quote me, please don't be selective. And no, your comment "just plain stupid" doesn't offend me, I don't personally care what you think of me.

I have joined Anybunniez and, the same as littleboots, I will support and follow them on FB rather than on here.

but this is the problem..people..and yes this includes you on this thread, seem to be able to be rude about rescuers or their opinions as in the quote I quoted, but we cannot be the same or we get accused of all sorts. Your comment about rotting in their hell was rude..in my opinion and un justified as no one on here as done anything other than ask question and raise possible concerns..while wishing them well . Yet the reactions to this has been odd to say the least.
I will say again..I wish them well..but be careful of all the mentioned pitfalls..and I have not meant to offend anyone

but this is the problem..people..and yes this includes you on this thread, seem to be able to be rude about rescuers or their opinions as in the quote I quoted, but we cannot be the same or we get accused of all sorts. Your comment about rotting in their hell was rude..in my opinion and un justified as no one on here as done anything other than ask question and raise possible concerns..while wishing them well . Yet the reactions to this has been odd to say the least.
I will say again..I wish them well..but be careful of all the mentioned pitfalls..and I have not meant to offend anyone

I am sorry if I came across as rude, I can only apologise for the way, plain stupid or not, I have interpreted or read comments made.

I am not rude about rescuers, although it seems one comment and I am tarnished. :( I have a great deal of respect for rescuers, I work very closely and am very heavily involved with a rescue, which I do quietly without shouting about it.

I will have no more to do with this as I do not want this thread to deteriorate further. It needs to get back on track.

I feel a bit torn here as I am on the free ads team on RU and I have seen a lot of rabbits that have come from awful conditions or do look like they have been left to 'just rot' :( But I am also a rescue supporter and do what I can for my local rescue when I can including donations and adoptions. I think the questions asked are fair, there have been scams int he past (not accusing anyone here so please don't think that) but it can be hard to verify things on the internet. However it sounds like you are trying to tackle a mountain of under reported and oft missed neglect and that is really admirable. I am both pro rescue and pro helping the under educated for want of a better word to take care of their rabbits and rehome them correctly. I'd be happy to join your group but at this moment in time I don't have the funds (I can't drive either) or space and resources to foster or collect bunnies. The best I could do is give advice and review any situations.

Let me tell you how anybunniez started. This is a pinned post at the top of the group so have copied it over so non members can see it. Written by Mandy one of the admin.

the first bunny was to be rescued by your admin team before the group became public,It all started with the rabbit network team and a member called Faye. she posted on there about a rabbit that was being advertised and was male not very old and he lived with his friend who had been sold,he was not only now lonely not able to understand where his best friend had gone but he was cold because he had hardly any bedding and what he did have was dirty he lived in an outdoor hutch barely big enough for one rabbit let alone two, he could maybe do one possibly two hops he most certainly couldn,t stand up on his back legs his home was not tall enough he lived every day in there with his urine filling the corners and his poop piled high,exercise he didn,t know what that was...i,m sure by now your hearing a story heard all the time,this little rabbit was saved from that life of hell because faye took the time to post his needs on rabbit network and this is how his rescue came about, Pippa(admin) who lives in plymouth drove to where he was living collected him and drove him on a 4 hour round trip to Charlotte(also admin)who lives in dorset she then took him to the vets for a check up and i paid the costs for his vaccinations and charlotte very kindly donated the costs for his day to day care he stayed with charlotte for one week he was then pet couriered up to his new forever home in newcastle upon tyne to Dot (also admin)who paid for his courier and his neuter,the other admin equally shared out the cost between them for the fuel used by pippa for his rescue,i am hoping this story will help you understand how at the moment a rescue on this group takes place and how the costs are met,being in this group is very much a team effort and we stand by everything we do,when we set this group up if we had only ever have rescued one rabbit from the life i described above it would have been worth it we have now saved near on 20,we ask for your support and hope you continue to give it but it is on the understanding there are no funds as of yet to cover costs it really is down to the members and there generosity.....in the future we hope to have a donate page where we will raise monies needed for rescues but as i,m sure you are all aware every rescue starts somewhere and this one started with rocky....

If the rescues have any hints or tips for us we would be grateful. Lets call this point a clean slate and start again.

If it's worth anything, I'm amazed at what you have achieved so far - inspiring. :D

I've been a little miffed at the thread (but then again it's me, it doesn't take much :oops::lol:) but that aside, I think the network it's a wonderful idea, and hopefully one that will benefit everyone. :thumb:

I truly wish I was in a position to help, I would love to be able to join/foster, but until I get some kind of extra "financial net" to accommodate - I couldn't take it on. I wouldn't be helpful. So my priority is improving my bunnies lives/continuing to learn through RU and I contribute to bunny rescue when I can. If there was a bunny rescue near me, I would be helping out there too.

But I genuinely wish you lots of luck, and will be following your news.

Let me tell you how anybunniez started. This is a pinned post at the top of the group so have copied it over so non members can see it. Written by Mandy one of the admin.

the first bunny was to be rescued by your admin team before the group became public,It all started with the rabbit network team and a member called Faye. she posted on there about a rabbit that was being advertised and was male not very old and he lived with his friend who had been sold,he was not only now lonely not able to understand where his best friend had gone but he was cold because he had hardly any bedding and what he did have was dirty he lived in an outdoor hutch barely big enough for one rabbit let alone two, he could maybe do one possibly two hops he most certainly couldn,t stand up on his back legs his home was not tall enough he lived every day in there with his urine filling the corners and his poop piled high,exercise he didn,t know what that was...i,m sure by now your hearing a story heard all the time,this little rabbit was saved from that life of hell because faye took the time to post his needs on rabbit network and this is how his rescue came about, Pippa(admin) who lives in plymouth drove to where he was living collected him and drove him on a 4 hour round trip to Charlotte(also admin)who lives in dorset she then took him to the vets for a check up and i paid the costs for his vaccinations and charlotte very kindly donated the costs for his day to day care he stayed with charlotte for one week he was then pet couriered up to his new forever home in newcastle upon tyne to Dot (also admin)who paid for his courier and his neuter,the other admin equally shared out the cost between them for the fuel used by pippa for his rescue,i am hoping this story will help you understand how at the moment a rescue on this group takes place and how the costs are met,being in this group is very much a team effort and we stand by everything we do,when we set this group up if we had only ever have rescued one rabbit from the life i described above it would have been worth it we have now saved near on 20,we ask for your support and hope you continue to give it but it is on the understanding there are no funds as of yet to cover costs it really is down to the members and there generosity.....in the future we hope to have a donate page where we will raise monies needed for rescues but as i,m sure you are all aware every rescue starts somewhere and this one started with rocky....

If the rescues have any hints or tips for us we would be grateful. Lets call this point a clean slate and start again.

That seems to make things perfectly clear to me. I genuinely wish you all well. I am hardly in a position to cast aspersions (not that I am/have here !!) on anyone who is actively trying to help Rabbits in need given that I cannot do anything at all these days.

I think all the questions that have been asked are very valid but I can see how it may be seen as judgemental without actually being so. Knowing who funds these things and how they work is very important before you can support them or you might end up in a situation where you agree to helping without realising that you have to pay or theres no-one to back you up.

Thank you for coming on to clear the questions up Foxy :) maybe the next time a thread is started asking for support the first post could include the funding status/ that anybunniez is a foster based rescue situation rather than a home run center or national charity so that the questions don't need to be asked?

perhaps those that joined the Fb page as newbies could give their feedback and what is going on :)

(And Tracy i know you work hard for rescues and did not mean to upset you.)

Back