• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angoras here-having surgery today!!!!!!!

raven_guest said:
Bless 'em, that's a bad day they've had, but at least it's all over in one go and they can have only good things to look forward to!

yes, hopefully it is all uphill from now on :wink: They came from conditions I would rather not have seen bunnies living in, so they more than deserve the very best now :D :D I think they are all gorgeous, and am so glad we rescued them :) :)

All bunnies here again now, and I am so happy to see them all lively and well despite a rather hectic day at the vets for them :D :D
The little fluffies are not even drowsy, and are acting without a care in the world, all tucking into their hay :D :D :D
I think the vet was as relieved as I that all had gone so well, she knows how much all the bunnies mean to me :D :D
I have not had time to introduce myself to this new group yet, so going to give them all snuggles tonight :p :p :p
Crystal (pregnant Mum) is not aggressive at all (as we had been told :roll: ), in fact, she is a delightful and sweet natured bunny although a very rounded one at the moment :wink: :lol:
Best wishes from a very happy me!!

Brilliant news!!

Rotten scum of a breeder.
Probably took her babies away and never gave hwe a chance to be a Mum before.
And gave her no love.

Enjoy lots of snuggles tonight and shower them all with lots and lots fo love as there is a lot out here we are sending to all of them.
Love they perhaps have never expierenced before.

glad they are doing really well but make sure you give her lots of material to make a nest in I use hay and she will hopefully fill it with her fur, alot of people go in the nest but I keep well away till they are starting to come out usually about 10 days

ELiane

elaine said:
glad they are doing really well but make sure you give her lots of material to make a nest in I use hay and she will hopefully fill it with her fur, alot of people go in the nest but I keep well away till they are starting to come out usually about 10 days

ELiane

Thanks Elaine :D Message received and understood, Crystal will have all the hay she could ever desire to build her nest with :D :D :D
Crystal is looking blooming radiant, and we felt the babies move in her tum last night :shock: :shock: :D :D
The as yet unnamed mixed colour Angora Doe tried to eat her stitches , so she has been collared which I hate doing, but it was really necessary :? All three bunnies have eaten this morning and appear well post op, so that is great :D
I will take some photos over next few days but it is raining heavily at the moment.

raven_guest said:
I can't imagine what a collared angora looks like! Poor sausage! They do like chewing when they shouldn't!

Hiya :D Rabbits certainly are the worlds best chewers :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: I have to say that our sweet little doe is coping remarkably well with the collar though :) I found her happily munching away on hay, and she has drunk lots of water which is something I have been watching carefully :wink: I trimmed her up before putting the collar on to make sure no fur got caught anywhere, as that would be very uncomfortable.
The sausage :shock: :lol: :lol: pulled one stitch out before I could get her, but wound has not opened and looks very clean, so I am not worried at this stage. I am glad I checked her every half an hour post op though, else she would have had all the stitches out by the morning, and risk of infection / bleeding would have been very high :?

Adele said:
BirdieBun said:
hope everything goes ok with the ops, Adele I thought you had raised many litters? Maybe I am wrong tho (as per usual!) :lol:

aaawwwww thanks Carys :D :D :D No I have not raised many litters :!: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
20 years ago we hand reared a litter of six babies when Mum died of a lung infection :?
I hand reared Hazel the injured wild bunny we rescued, and also Poppy a wild bunny rescue who was close to death when we found her.
Oooh and Bramble the baby wild bunny found at the side of the road, who died after a few days :(
Raven Quest thanks again for all your help, I will supplement the does drinking water with some vitamins and give her a small amount of fresh greens :)

OMG! 20 years ago! :D lol wrong again as usual huh!

Awww yes little Bramble I named him didn't I :cry: Wish he had survived

BirdieBun said:
Adele said:
BirdieBun said:
hope everything goes ok with the ops, Adele I thought you had raised many litters? Maybe I am wrong tho (as per usual!) :lol:

aaawwwww thanks Carys :D :D :D No I have not raised many
OMG! 20 years ago! :D lol wrong again as usual huh!

aaawwwww you are not wrong as usual (in quotes ) Carys......it was a reasonable assumption to make :D :D But did you have to rub it in about the 20 years ago :!: :twisted: makes me sound really old now :( :( :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wish Bramble had lived too, it still breaks my heart now to think about it....but have to stay focused and positive for the other bunnies.
I am getting nervous waiting for the babies to arrive.....Pregnant Mum is very lively today, and is sitting up second level of large indoor unit, I did not think she would hop up there :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Back