• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

am i the only

Well, it would seem that those of us who neuter all our bunnies are in the minority here, I find that really surprising, I too think that you can't trust all new owners to get the job done.

I do know a rescuse not 10 miles from who have a no neutering policy and have had lots of accidents in their own rescue, that's really scary!

Snowy..I know that "rescue" when I went over there about 2 years ago they proudly showed me 3 sets of accidental babies!

The problem with not neutering is you will never be sure....it is so easy for people to look at their cute rabbit and think "won't he have lovely babies"..pop him in with a friends equally cute bun and you would never know.....I'd rather be 100% certain

I can understand why some rescues always wait to neuter them all, but also see why others let them go younger- as ultimately if they are born in rescue and then wait until they are old enough to be neutered they are taking up a place in that rescue for several months.

With cats and dogs, they are rehomed un-neutered when kittens or puppies but many rescues provide a neutering voucher to the rescues own vets who give a discounted rate.
Perhaps it might be worth considering doing with rabbit rescues? It means people are more likely to get them neutered if they have already paid/part paid for the neuter- around the time its due perhaps somoene could give them a call to remind them? Still charge them the same as for a neutered bunny, but part of tha amount goes on the voucher.

That's a good idea Mandy, it just worrying because some people just won't get them neutered whatever the reason.

It's just that we are safe in knowledge that ALL our buns are neutered and so we don't have the worry anymore, and if we do it then we know it's done with no excuses.

After all if everyone did it we wouldn't have the problems we are faced with on a daily basis.

Back