• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Almost a Year- Remembering Lord Lopsley

I think he died shortly after I joined so I didn't know a lot about him but he certainly looks so loving and absolutely stunning. xxx

Oh Jane has it really been almost a year? I remember hearing about his antics like hurdling a 6-foot hedge and climbing onto the garage roof! :lol: What a special, norty little boy he was! Sending hugs your way, Jane.

AMETHYST

Jane,

Thinking of you ((HUGS)), I too can't beleive it is a year since he passed away..

Binky free little one..

Ax

Jane,

Thinking of you ((HUGS)), I too can't beleive it is a year since he passed away..

Binky free little one..

Ax

Thanks Apache :cry:

Taz, Lady Lydia and Lord Lopsley both had the same Mummy but different Daddies.
Sir Victor Velveteen is Lord Lopsley's first cousin.

I wish that people would not tamper with nature to 'create' new breeds. But these Buns are already here, were surplus 'stock' and in need of a home.
Many people think I am doing the wrong thing in taking them on but the alternative for them is to be sold on to another Breeder or................:cry:

Just thought I'd state all that before I get jumped on for having Rabbits from a Breeder.........

Janex

Aw Jane he was soooo gorgeous! You were very lucky to have him even for a short while. I'm sure he is causing havoc at the Bridge right now! :D

Thanks Apache :cry:

Taz, Lady Lydia and Lord Lopsley both had the same Mummy but different Daddies.
Sir Victor Velveteen is Lord Lopsley's first cousin.

I wish that people would not tamper with nature to 'create' new breeds. But these Buns are already here, were surplus 'stock' and in need of a home.
Many people think I am doing the wrong thing in taking them on but the alternative for them is to be sold on to another Breeder or................:cry:

Just thought I'd state all that before I get jumped on for having Rabbits from a Breeder.........

Janex

Jane, you shouldn't feel at all bad for having ' breeder ' rabbits now and again and from what you have said your buns were a needy cause anyway. You did what you considered to be the right thing to do at the time and it doesn't really matter what others may think. I agree with you that 'tampering' with nauture is not a good idea, but it will continue to happen and there will always be a surplus of 'breeder rabbits ' amongst the breeding community who face a very uncertain future. You sound like the majority of your buns are rescues and you are doing a fantastic job with them, so I'm not going to be critical for you having these ' breeder ' rabbits or any others that come that your way in the future.

Its a very emotive issue - breeder rabbits verses rescue rabbits. Maybe I should start a thread on the subject:idea:

Back